U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2008, 09:04 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
I'm was looking at the flag on his PF, go look for yourself. He told me about his wife, but it seem odd he have a crossed out Mexican flag and his wife is of Mexican heritage.
I am aware of his crossed out Mexican flag.

The odds are quite good that his wife may not appreciate the insolent attitudes that all too many 'Mexicans' have because the latter may make her look bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2008, 09:47 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,019,218 times
Quote:
I'm was looking at the flag on his PF, go look for yourself. He told me about his wife, but it seem odd he have a crossed out Mexican flag and his wife is of Mexican heritage.
Pray do tell how you equate the crossed out Mexican flag, the anti illegal stance and the wife as being racist..........................???
You cant. My wife is as American as they come and she and her mother equally are anti illegal and much more strident than I..........

I might also add I know others of American mexican heritage wh also would not honor the Mexican flag because THEY ARE NOT MEXICAN..........They are AMERICAN.........as in RED WHITE AND BLUE................

Now that being said, I am of ENGLISH back ground and I do NOT pay homage to the Queen of ENGLAND as she is NOT my sovereign liege lord.
And should I so choose to place an ENGLISh crossed out flag in my PF that would be my prerogative..............perhaps the stars and bars would be more appropriate

But what I fail to understand is why.............oh never mind..........

Old 10-31-2008, 11:27 PM

3,377 posts, read 7,064,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Convert 54 View Post
Pray do tell how you equate the crossed out Mexican flag, the anti illegal stance and the wife as being racist..........................???
You cant. My wife is as American as they come and she and her mother equally are anti illegal and much more strident than I..........

I might also add I know others of American mexican heritage wh also would not honor the Mexican flag because THEY ARE NOT MEXICAN..........They are AMERICAN.........as in RED WHITE AND BLUE................

Now that being said, I am of ENGLISH back ground and I do NOT pay homage to the Queen of ENGLAND as she is NOT my sovereign liege lord.
And should I so choose to place an ENGLISh crossed out flag in my PF that would be my prerogative..............perhaps the stars and bars would be more appropriate

But what I fail to understand is why.............oh never mind..........
Whatever dude. I'm just saying don't be suprise if someone else attack you on these forums, especially members of Mexican descent; in cast you didn't know they're members of Mexican descent on CD. You don't have to honor the flag, I just don't see whats the point in disrespecting it.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 10-31-2008 at 11:43 PM..

Old 11-01-2008, 07:42 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
Whatever dude. I'm just saying don't be suprise if someone else attack you on these forums, especially members of Mexican descent; in cast you didn't know they're members of Mexican descent on CD. You don't have to honor the flag, I just don't see whats the point in disrespecting it.
Let your putative 'Mexican' sourced descendants complain-----------they, like all of us have to abide by the ToS.

Old 11-01-2008, 08:05 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,019,218 times
Quote:
I just don't see whats the point in disrespecting it.
direct and emotional response to seeing the illegals burn and drag my flag, Pull my flag down and raise the Chica flag up......that kind of stuff...........

Had they not done that I seriously doubt I would have thought much else of it...........make sense?

Old 11-01-2008, 12:05 PM

12,870 posts, read 12,794,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yuquiyu View Post
I spent some time in Phoenix, AZ, which has a very high hispanic population, and a very high number of undocumented, I needed a simple masonry job in the back yard, requested quotes from various contractors, to my amazement they hovered between $4000.00 and $6000.00 with little warranty, ultimately I found a Hispanic dude, who did the job with one assistant in two days for 1500.00, plus $500.00 extra that I tipped on top, they were very polite and educated, they earned a decent amount of money, while doing a great job, Shoul I care if they were documented or not? I did not, I am sick and tired of our own people trying to ********* over, that's why our economy is so bad, everyone wants to be rich doing the least amount of work possible, I think a lot of our working force should be replaced with immigrants.

when your job is replaced by an illegal that is when your whining will start, unless you are retired and jobs are not even an issue for you! (which you might be in phoenix). if you think americans don't pay money in taxes to supplement their income in terms of free health care, lower cost housing, education expenses, energy assistance grants, translators, etc., you are kidding yourself. these are crushing debts that have not begun to be paid back so keep patting yourself on the back for "saving some money".

Old 11-01-2008, 12:09 PM

32,911 posts, read 30,173,166 times
I work with a guy that is just like that. He was flipping houses and cutting every corner along the way by using Illegals. I brought up the issue that I was subsidizing his lil operation and he just laughed and said tough. Maybe on his next flipper I'll drop a dime on him

Oh, the kicker is this guy thinks he is a die hard Democrat.

Old 11-01-2008, 12:18 PM

12,870 posts, read 12,794,784 times
the truth is that the blue collar worker, as well as the union worker, have been betrayed by the people who have opened these sanctuary cities and by the people that hire the illegal workers. i notice that the unions have done very little to stop the illegal immigration flow into this country. democrats hope to build a bigger voting base with the illegals and employers may personally think that they are saving money, but they are costing taxpayers plenty. people don't see it because it is part of the mounting debt that has not even been paid yet. it is ironic because this country was built into the country where everybody wanted to live by the blue collar workers and their manual labor and now those workers are being sold out.

Old 11-01-2008, 04:26 PM

30 posts, read 142,094 times
Default ICE Protests

In live in the SF bay area and there were several protests today against ICE. Why are people against ICE doing their job of enforcing illegal immigration?

My wife is from a foreign country and now has a green card.. Before she arrived it took us most of a year to fill out numerous documents and pay various fees.

I have to be honest when I tell you that seeing the protests makes me feel a heavy degree of frustration. Are there protests going on in other cities? Or is this another SF bay area thing?

Old 11-01-2008, 04:37 PM

1,435 posts, read 3,512,428 times
Quote:
In live in the SF bay area and there were several protests today against ICE. Why are people against ICE doing their job of enforcing illegal immigration?
Because San Francisco is full of leftwing radicals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or