U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 01:28 AM

3,375 posts, read 7,044,203 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
The USA takes in far more legal immigrants than any other nation in the world. Mexicans do not have a racist right to break the laws of this nation. They do not have a right to cut in front of all the would-be legal immigrants who would respect and abide by the laws.

Another problem -- many illegals never even attempted to come here legally. They simply paid a smuggler and came on in.
Many immigrants do want to come here legally, but it take years to get your citizenship unless you marry a American. A way to reduce illegal immigration is to change the immigration laws. many of these immigrants are hard workers and doing jobs that alot Americans don't wont to do anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 08:08 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Many immigrants do want to come here legally, but it take years to get your citizenship unless you marry a American. A way to reduce illegal immigration is to change the immigration laws. many of these immigrants are hard workers and doing jobs that alot Americans don't wont to do anymore.
I do not believe that for a minute---------------especially factoring in illegals cutting out US citizens/green card holder in skilled trades like carpentry, etc.

Too; with the crashing economy: your 'jobs that a lot of Americans won't do' are fast becoming attractive.

FYI: maybe part of why it is 'difficult' to obtain legal residency is due to us wishing to control our immigration----------we owe Mexico nothing.

Old 10-27-2008, 08:19 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Quote:
Bullsh*t.

America takes more legal immigrants than any other country on Earth and our immigration laws are some of the most liberal anywhere.

I really want to know what you consider a job that an American will not do. Fieldwork? Less than 3% of illegal aliens are working in the fields. This is a garbage argument and doesn't fly with any of us who have done those so-called jobs Americans won't do.

Americans will work and work hard. All they're asking for is a full day's pay for a full day's work. Instead, we have people coming in here, working under the radar, and undercutting wages for American citizens.

Our unemployment rate is the highest it has been in this country in 20 years. Don't tell me that those out of work Americans wouldn't do just about anything to support their families--they would.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Bullsh*t.

America takes more legal immigrants than any other country on Earth and our immigration laws are some of the most liberal anywhere.

I really want to know what you consider a job that an American will not do. Fieldwork? Less than 3% of illegal aliens are working in the fields. This is a garbage argument and doesn't fly with any of us who have done those so-called jobs Americans won't do.

Americans will work and work hard. All they're asking for is a full day's pay for a full day's work. Instead, we have people coming in here, working under the radar, and undercutting wages for American citizens.

Our unemployment rate is the highest it has been in this country in 20 years. Don't tell me that those out of work Americans wouldn't do just about anything to support their families--they would.
Consider the source.

I have shot down every argument that the quoted poster put forth......yet, said poster is oblivious.

Old 10-27-2008, 09:49 AM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:
I'd love to give you an archaeological lesson you'll never forget but I don't think that I have the energy to type it all out.

I have a B.A. in Anthropology. I am currently in my graduate program at a major four year university. I've probably forgotten more about the peopling of the New World than you will ever know. So, suffice it to say, the Native Mesoamericans and the Native North Americans are separated by at least 13,000 years of cultural, biological, and linguistic evolution. Those living in Mesoamerica, whether they traveled by land or by water, never again came north of the present day Sonoran Desert. It was an impenetrable land barrier.

Simply because many Mexicans are Mestizo, i.e.; have native Mesoamerican ancestry, (as well as European) does not entitle them to freely cross sovereign American borders at will nor does it give them license to CLAIM the entire continent based upon this ancestry. There is a huge segment of the American population who also share Native American ancestry as well as a continued substantial population of Native Americans themselves, and let me tell you, the ones I know aren't terribly sympathetic to the illegal immigrant claim of ownership of the entire North American continent.
Basic PWNED going on here

Old 10-27-2008, 11:00 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Consider the source.

I have shot down every argument that the quoted poster put forth......yet, said poster is oblivious.
I have serious qualms about the grade level achieved by any poster who begins a response to a chronological detail of the settling of the New World with the words "Well, duh....."

Old 10-27-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
I have serious qualms about the grade level achieved by any poster who begins a response to a chronological detail of the settling of the New World with the words "Well, duh....."
Or simply the desperation of the flagrantly pro illegal immigation fans-------especially with them looking at the crashing economy inflicting job losses on Americans.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:19 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,131,214 times
Quote:
This is making me ill. I am so tired of this argument. The bigger picture is that unchecked, mass immigration, both legal and illegal will change your country. Your rights will no longer matter and you might as well toss the constitution out the window. It is time for Americans to do the work.

Old 10-27-2008, 12:53 PM

3,375 posts, read 7,044,203 times
Quote:
What do you know anyway? You live in Wyoming, so what do you know about immigrants? I bet you Wyoming don't even have a large immigrants population. Like I said before, alot of immigrants are hard working people, not all of them are criminals like you see on the media.

Old 10-27-2008, 01:32 PM

Quote:
What do you know anyway? You live in Wyoming, so what do you know about immigrants? I bet you Wyoming don't even have a large immigrants population. Like I said before, alot of immigrants are hard working people, not all of them are criminals like you see on the media.
Kele knows more than you will ever realize----------she lived in both Dallas and SoCal till about one year ago.

Again: repeat after me; most illegal immigrants are indeed criminals-----------factoring in ID theft, not reporting income, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or