U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 01:36 PM

9,597 posts, read 9,429,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Like I said before, alot of immigrants are hard working people, not all of them are criminals like you see on the media.
So what?! The point is, no country, no matter how large can continue to absorb a refugee population without limits without consequences to the wages and job availability of its naturalized citizens. Is that so hard a concept to get your head around? Don't belive me? Read a paper, watch the news. You are seeing firsthand what the loss of millions of jobs in the last eight years does to a country.

H
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2008, 01:40 PM

3,375 posts, read 7,048,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Kele knows more than you will ever realize----------she lived in both Dallas and SoCal till about one year ago.

Again: repeat after me; most illegal immigrants are indeed criminals-----------factoring in ID theft, not reporting income, etc.
I live in the Chicago area and I know alot. You the one that think all illegals are criminals. Alot of legal Americans commit ID theft, so whats your point?

Old 10-27-2008, 01:46 PM

6,209 posts, read 6,584,591 times
If you are in the United States of America illegally then you are a criminal. If you are working in the US and are not paying taxes, you are a criminal. Commit crime=criminal. Understand?

Old 10-27-2008, 01:53 PM

[quote=jmking;5877661]If you are in the United States of America illegally then you are a criminal. If you are working in the US and are not paying taxes, you are a criminal. Commit crime=criminal. Understand? [/quote

Ok, alot of legal Americans are criminals and in prison , but nobody complaining about that. If somebody broke in your house/apartment, and you shot the person, are you a criminal? Do you have a solution to solve this problem so they can become legal citizens? Just curious, What illegal immigrants are you refering to?

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 10-27-2008 at 02:09 PM..

Old 10-27-2008, 02:09 PM

6,209 posts, read 6,584,591 times
Two "wrongs" do not make a "right". To solve it they should follow the proper channels at home not here. Just as my grandparents did.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmking View Post
Two "wrongs" do not make a "right". To solve it they should follow the proper channels at home not here. Just as my grandparents did.
There are alot of problems in America and illegal immigrants is just a fraction of it. I believe Obama plans for 12 million illegal immigrants legal to have legal citizenship in this country is one of the ways to reduce it.

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 10-27-2008 at 02:38 PM..

Old 10-27-2008, 02:44 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
I live in the Chicago area and I know alot. You the one that think all illegals are criminals. Alot of legal Americans commit ID theft, so whats your point?
As you alluded to: we have enough US citizen criminals------------we certainly do not need more of those illegal immigrant losers.

If you do not like the fact that the USA is cracking down on the above: I strongly recommend you find another nation to live in.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:46 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,690,528 times
Quote:
There are alot of problems in America and illegal immigrants is just a fraction of it. I believe Obama plans for 12 million illegal immigrants legal to have legal citizenship in this country is one of the ways to reduce it.
Yep, rewarding lawless behavior. That will stop people from breaking the law.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:46 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,628,664 times
Quote:
I think not: looking at our crashing economy; it would be political suicide for either McCain or Obama to seriously entertain even the idea of amnesty. If anything: such a foolish move will likely inflame prejudice against anybody who looks 'Mestizo' regardless of race/ethnicity.

Old 10-27-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I think not: looking at our crashing economy; it would be political suicide for either McCain or Obama to seriously entertain even the idea of amnesty. If anything: such a foolish move will likely inflame prejudice against anybody who looks 'Mestizo' regardless of race/ethnicity.
Even if America didn't have 12 million illegal immigrants here, the economy still will be messed up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or