U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 10-27-2008, 05:36 PM
 
25 posts, read 39,839 times
Reputation: 13

Advertisements

so just open the flood gates and let everyone in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-27-2008, 05:37 PM
 
Location: Chicago metro
3,375 posts, read 7,054,539 times
Reputation: 1853
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea boy View Post
Obama wants to give illegals amnesty, that's crazy
Obama is doing the right thing to give them citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 05:40 PM
 
25 posts, read 39,839 times
Reputation: 13
ok, now you are talking crazy. you must be insane to award criminals citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 05:40 PM
 
Location: Brooklyn
40,057 posts, read 29,747,992 times
Reputation: 10455
Giving people the opportunity--as opposed to a blanket declaration--to become citizens would be the right thing. If they don't want it, then they should understand that their status as "illegals" doesn't guarantee them any of the rights citizens have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Chicago metro
3,375 posts, read 7,054,539 times
Reputation: 1853
Quote:
Originally Posted by bayarea boy View Post
ok, now you are talking crazy. you must be insane to award criminals citizenship.
Whats so insane about giving immigrants legal citizenship? I don't see being illegal in this country as being a true criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 05:47 PM
 
25 posts, read 39,839 times
Reputation: 13
there are millions of people around the world who have filed to come here legally and waiting patiently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 05:56 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Obama is doing the right thing to give them citizenship.
Rewarding criminals is not the right thing to do. Jail time or at least deportation and seizing the assets of illegals is what needs to be done

Besides: Obama (if he is indeed elected) will have to answer to the Black Americans if he panders to the illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 05:58 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Whats so insane about giving immigrants legal citizenship? I don't see being illegal in this country as being a true criminal.
It does not matter what you think: ID theft, etc. are Felonies.........if an American can face jail time for such crimes----------why should a bunch of illegals get a pass?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 06:10 PM
 
Location: Chicago metro
3,375 posts, read 7,054,539 times
Reputation: 1853
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Rewarding criminals is not the right thing to do. Jail time or at least deportation and seizing the assets of illegals is what needs to be done

Besides: Obama (if he is indeed elected) will have to answer to the Black Americans if he panders to the illegals.
Giving jail time to illegal immigrants don't solve nothing, that will cost America alot of money. America need to worry about other stuff like foreclosure, house values, crime rate and other stuff. Where did America get $700 billion to bail out Wall street... hmmmm? Why want you accept the fact that granting them legal citizenship is a good way to go. Not all illegal immigrants are bad people, most of them are good people. They left their country because its poor or other situation and its more opportunity here. What illegal immigrants are you refering to?

Last edited by Chicagoland60426; 10-27-2008 at 06:22 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2008, 06:34 PM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,650,644 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Giving jail time to illegal immigrants don't solve nothing, that will cost America alot of money. America need to worry about other stuff like foreclosure, house values, crime rate and other stuff. Where did America get $700 billion to bail out Wall street... hmmmm? Why want you accept the fact that granting them legal citizenship is a good way to go. Not all illegal immigrants are bad people, most of them are good people. They left their country because its poor or other situation and its more opportunity here. What illegal immigrants are you refering to?
Any illegal immigrant. Again; pitch 'em out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top