U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 11:23 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,095,331 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Because they know how to use weapons in self-defense.
I know how to use weapons in self-defense[an so do many other Texans] and Im not a Vet with a "Kill record". dont need to be one to do the other.
Dont need a "Kill record" to "monitor" the border or defend oneself.

Old 10-20-2010, 03:11 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,172,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I know how to use weapons in self-defense[an so do many other Texans] and Im not a Vet with a "Kill record". dont need to be one to do the other.
Dont need a "Kill record" to "monitor" the border or defend oneself.
Not everyone who knows how to use a gun has the guts to use it if needed. Besides what do you care just as long as these people only use their weapons within the self-defense laws of our country?

Old 10-21-2010, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Not everyone who knows how to use a gun has the guts to use it if needed. Besides what do you care just as long as these people only use their weapons within the self-defense laws of our country?
Actually, they would be liable for knowing the self defense laws in the respective states they patrol. Texas is very clear on the use of deadly force for the protection of life and property. In Texas ones life must be in emanate danger before it is legal to use deadly force.

Now anyone can defend themselves, but just not use a weapon to do so unless their life is in emanate danger. So traipsing through the bush looking for "illegals" in itself is putting one's self in harms way and inviting confrontation. Just hope when these fogies come across a diamondback, they realize it belongs here.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Actually, they would be liable for knowing the self defense laws in the respective states they patrol. Texas is very clear on the use of deadly force for the protection of life and property. In Texas ones life must be in emanate danger before it is legal to use deadly force.

Now anyone can defend themselves, but just not use a weapon to do so unless their life is in emanate danger. So traipsing through the bush looking for "illegals" in itself is putting one's self in harms way and inviting confrontation. Just hope when these fogies come across a diamondback, they realize it belongs here.
I know of a case in Texas years ago where a divorced man went to get his kids off the ex-wife's boyfriend's property. The boyfriend shot the ex-husband and killed him. He claimed he was trespassing on his property. However, the ex-husband had no weapons on him so he was no threat to the boyfriend. The boyfriend got away with murder so don't tell me how they do things in Texas.

Since when is trouncing around in the brush against the law? So, you are saying that the militia are asking for it by seeking out illegals? You still fail to accept the fact that they wouldn't shoot an illegal unless their lives were threated by them. You always take the side of these lawbreaking illegal aliens rather than your fellow citizens.

Old 10-21-2010, 12:32 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,840,521 times
Quote:

Imminent danger, or not, our government officials are obligated to protect the citizens of this country from foreign incursions. Clearly, they are unwilling to do so. I do not condone violence, but if the Feds won’t protect us, we are then forced to protect ourselves. . . by ANY means necessary.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Imminent danger, or not, our government officials are obligated to protect the citizens of this country from foreign incursions. Clearly, they are unwilling to do so. I do not condone violence, but if the Feds won’t protect us, we are then forced to protect ourselves. . . by ANY means necessary.
That is a nice sentiment and a great cliche...but self defense and use of deadly force is not; and the law is the law.

Old 10-21-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
That is a nice sentiment and a great cliche...but self defense and use of deadly force is not; and the law is the law.
Really? You don’t seem to believe “the law is the law” when the “law” applies to illegal aliens. In fact, your fervent attempts to defend and/or justify their lawlessness permeate this forum. Hmmm. . .

Old 10-21-2010, 03:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Really? You don’t seem to believe “the law is the law” when the “law” applies to illegal aliens. In fact, your fervent attempts to defend and/or justify their lawlessness permeate this forum. Hmmm. . .
I dont seem to believe the law is the law...when have I every avocated law breaking. when have I avocaded anyone to break the law?

If I point out flaws in the law, that is not advocacy.

Please cite examples of MY not believing in the law or fervently defending their lawlessness.

and on a personal note, if you truely believe that your more confused that I thought.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:20 PM

Quote:
I dont seem to believe the law is the law...when have I every avocated law breaking. when have I avocaded anyone to break the law?

Please cite examples of MY not believing in the law or fervently defending their lawlessness.

and on a personal note, if you truely believe that your more confused that I thought.
Oh come on now. Do you think we all have short memories? You think these lawbreakers should be given amnesty or CIR, don't you? Rewarding lawlessness is the same as advocating for it. I am not going to dig up all the posts where you have belittled our immigration laws, you know they are there.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:26 PM

Quote:

Personal attacks are a violation of TOS. Attack the post, not the poster.

I have neither the time nor the inclination to sift through your posts. Your position is well-documented.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration