U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 01:23 PM

7,624 posts, read 8,117,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Have people on the border noticed any change since Obama sent the National Guard there? I'm a little confused as to what their job is supposed to entail since he's letting so many illegals go that are already within the court system. Could the NG be used to drive deportation buses or would that still be too costly?

If Border Patrol are arresting these people and the courts are letting them go then whats the point? Oh, sorry, I answered my own question.
The National Guard troops are not actually on the border performing law enforcement and defense duties. They are mainly there either to 1) build the fence or 2) handle the logistics and intelligence aspects. They were also not allowed to bring weapons from what I understand as well ... yes, even the units assigned to build the fence.

Quote:
Why not increase the Border Patrol from 17.5K agents to 60K instead?
Sounds like a start. What we really need to do is incorporate the Border Patrol into the US military and rename it the Federal Border Guard Service or something more militaristic. We are sending Border Patrol agents with pistols and carbines to face drug cartels with machine guns, anti-tank weapons, etc

Old 10-16-2010, 01:38 PM

555 posts, read 735,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Now you do know that drug trafficking and illegal immigration at two whole and separate issues...Right? Although both are the responsiblity of DHS.

Why not increase the Border Patrol from 17.5K agents to 60K instead?
Drug smuggling and illegal immigration are inextricably intertwined. Smugglers send border jumpers as a diversion so they can then move their drugs while the BP is occupied catching the invaders.

A secure double-layered fence would stop both smuggling and border crossers.

At the Ports of Entry, ICE catches both drug smugglers and people trying to enter without the proper documentation.

If enough citizen militias went to the border, the government would be forced to send armed National Guard to protect the invaders and the smugglers. That would be very ironic and would show how illegitimate this government really is.

If you really wanted to stop the problems of illegal immigration and drug smuggling you would be in favor of the secure border fence authorized by Congress in 2006 and the presence of armed National Guard on the border. You are obviously satisfied with token enforcement that won't really solve either of these problems.

BTW, I am not constrained to obey the laws of a government that doesn't enforce the immigration laws and instead encourages a massive foreign invasion of this country. The leaders of this administration are in violation of their oaths of office to protect and defend the constitution and laws of the United States. This government is illegitimate and I owe it no allegiance.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:37 PM

16,116 posts, read 20,152,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
Have people on the border noticed any change since Obama sent the National Guard there? I'm a little confused as to what their job is supposed to entail since he's letting so many illegals go that are already within the court system. Could the NG be used to drive deportation buses or would that still be too costly?

If Border Patrol are arresting these people and the courts are letting them go then whats the point? Oh, sorry, I answered my own question.
The National Guard allows Politicians to act like they are doing something

Old 10-16-2010, 03:47 PM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
Drug smuggling and illegal immigration are inextricably intertwined. Smugglers send border jumpers as a diversion so they can then move their drugs while the BP is occupied catching the invaders.

At the Ports of Entry, ICE catches both drug smugglers and people trying to enter without the proper documentation.

If enough citizen militias went to the border, the government would be forced to send armed National Guard to protect the invaders and the smugglers. That would be very ironic and would show how illegitimate this government really is.

If you really wanted to stop the problems of illegal immigration and drug smuggling you would be in favor of the secure border fence authorized by Congress in 2006 and the presence of armed National Guard on the border. You are obviously satisfied with token enforcement that won't really solve either of these problems.

BTW, I am not constrained to obey the laws of a government that doesn't enforce the immigration laws and instead encourages a massive foreign invasion of this country. The leaders of this administration are in violation of their oaths of office to protect and defend the constitution and laws of the United States. This government is illegitimate and I owe it no allegiance.
Smuggling is smuggling be it drugs or people coming to rip off tax payers.

Old 10-16-2010, 05:38 PM

555 posts, read 735,823 times
Mexican assassins headed to Arizona - Washington Times

This is why we need citizen militas. This is outrageous. Mexican cartels fighting free lance bandits ON OUR LAND far from the border, and the government does nothing. The Border Patrol is constrained from countering these criminals because it is too dangerous for them to go there. Nappy will probably respond by ordering that more signs be posted. Mexican interference, both governmental and illegal, has reached crisis proportions.

As Barry Goldwater said, "Extremism in defense of liberty is no vice."

Old 10-16-2010, 06:00 PM

2,126 posts, read 2,046,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
This is only the beginning, unless Washington DC takes action this powder keg will only get bigger and bigger before it eventually explodes.

Right now these groups in operating in squad size, pretty soon they will be in platoon and company size ... and if the Feds are really as dumb and delusional as it looks they will be up to battalion size. Maybe when they have a full fledged battle with the drug cartels complete with dead bodies all over the place the Feds will stop twiddling their thumbs and send a few US Army divisions to the border.
You really believe no one is watching these groups to confirm when they reach "batallion" size? These groups are by no means unchecked. They probably are subjects of a great deal of surveillance.

I can't imagine that one is in the business of being a militia member without realizing the need for extreme stealth. And with all the media attention, it appears a lot of American militia groups are not interested in being underground (though the underground ones are clearly where surveillance needs to be pointed). There are probably many Americans who are in support of militia rights and just as many who are wary of them.

Old 10-16-2010, 06:23 PM

515 posts, read 605,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post

Again, my question is always why.

The only answer I can come with is, of course, money! There has to be vast sums going to politicians and LE officers, mostly from employers of the criminal invaders.

I suspect that this problem started out with lots of graft and corruption and then became the monstrosity it is today because too many on the initial receiving end were afraid of exposure and felt that they had no choice but to turn a blind eye.

If it takes vigilantes to enforce our laws and stop this destructive madness which no other Nation on Earth would tolerate, then so be it!

Where do I send my donations for the citizen militias?

Old 10-16-2010, 10:39 PM

686 posts, read 1,476,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
[/b]

Again, my question is always why.

The only answer I can come with is, of course, money! There has to be vast sums going to politicians and LE officers, mostly from employers of the criminal invaders.

I suspect that this problem started out with lots of graft and corruption and then became the monstrosity it is today because too many on the initial receiving end were afraid of exposure and felt that they had no choice but to turn a blind eye.

If it takes vigilantes to enforce our laws and stop this destructive madness which no other Nation on Earth would tolerate, then so be it!

Where do I send my donations for the citizen militias?

Vigilantism is against the law, besides what are these militias even accomplishing so far?

Old 10-17-2010, 06:42 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adirondackguy123 View Post
Vigilantism is against the law, besides what are these militias even accomplishing so far?
Only if one takes the law into their own hands is it against the law. Groups like the Minutemen, etc. are akin to a neighborhood watch group and that is not against the law.

Old 10-17-2010, 08:51 AM

32,799 posts, read 30,044,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adirondackguy123 View Post

Report Suspicious Activity to 1-800-BE-ALERT

People out here are starting to use sat phones. Don't be so harsh about what you don't know. The extra eyes are appreciated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration