U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 12:38 PM

534 posts, read 1,176,710 times

Advertisements

I don't think they destroy our economy. Additionally, Mexicans are not the only ones coming here illegally, also many Asians and Europeans come here and overstay visas. Some Chinese people pay thousands of dollars to come to the US trespassing as Mexicans do. People are always bashing to Mexicans, they're not the only ones immigrating to the country! STOP BLAMING MEXICO FOR ALL THE PROBLEMS THIS COUNTRY HAS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2010, 01:25 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,183,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina1686 View Post
I don't think they destroy our economy. Additionally, Mexicans are not the only ones coming here illegally, also many Asians and Europeans come here and overstay visas. Some Chinese people pay thousands of dollars to come to the US trespassing as Mexicans do. People are always bashing to Mexicans, they're not the only ones immigrating to the country! STOP BLAMING MEXICO FOR ALL THE PROBLEMS THIS COUNTRY HAS
They are stealing our jobs and benefits. That is just a fact. Mexicans may not be the only ones coming here illegally but they are by far the largest group and that is why the focus is on them. We aren't blaming Mexico for ALL of the problems that this country has so get your facts straight before you spout falsehoods.

The problems are our own government, the greedy employes and yes, the illegals do share in the blame also as they know they have no right to come here to work or live in violation of our immigration laws.

Old 10-21-2010, 01:26 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,852,393 times
Quote:
No, Mexicans are not the only illegals in this country. However, 95% of all illegal aliens are Hispanic, of which Mexicans comprise the largest population. Naturally, they receive the lionís share of attention. The remaining 5% (European, Asian, African, etc), while illegal, are not a major factor.

I donít believe anyone is blaming Mexico for all of our woes. However, it cannot be denied that illegal immigration from Mexico has had a deleterious fiscal impact on this country; particularly, our education and healthcare costs.

Perhaps you should tell Mexico to STOP RELYING ON THE U.S. TO SOLVE YOUR PROBLEMS!

Old 10-21-2010, 01:58 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,984,944 times
Quote:
Where did you come from?

I came here legally and I don't illegal immigrants. I met a few and most of them are great people who just want an opportunity in life to succeed.

Interesting choice of words........so did those who overstayed their visas.

I would say the majority of those here legally are against illegal immigration unless they have a vested interest in being pro illegal. Just my opinion of course.

Old 10-21-2010, 03:10 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,852,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Interesting choice of words........so did those who overstayed their visas.

I would say the majority of those here legally are against illegal immigration unless they have a vested interest in being pro illegal. Just my opinion of course.
Indeed.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Where did you come from?

I came here legally and I don't illegal immigrants. I met a few and most of them are great people who just want an opportunity in life to succeed.
If you're saying you don't dislike illegals (you left out a word) as per your post above, I have to wonder why you feel that it's "unfair" that people here legally are "getting their papers" ahead of you.

Cubans in America

Quote:
My dad has citizenship already, that's how I filed the paperwork, and still waiting, it's been almost two years I filed and no answer yet. Everytime I go to the immigration offices to check on status I see people who hab been here in the country for just a couple months and they are residents, unbelievable, super unfair for the people who wait 10, 15, 20 years to get citizenship and who came here legally I came here legally with a h4 visa, I go to the university, I pay taxes, no criminal records, good credit score and they don't want me to be a resident! I'm about to go back to my country and have one problem less in my life .

Old 10-21-2010, 06:53 PM

534 posts, read 1,176,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
If you're saying you don't dislike illegals (you left out a word) as per your post above, I have to wonder why you feel that it's "unfair" that people here legally are "getting their papers" ahead of you.

Cubans in America
Once they put a foot in American soil can get their papers, still they came without a visa in a boatlift.... same BS as tresspassing the fence... The purpose of coming to the country is the same... Yes, I think what this country does with Cubans is unfair for the rest of the people trying to get their papers. Mexicans don't use all of the benefits, there're many groups that does... Check the Cubans in Miami, when they arrive to the country they receive housing and food stamps, most live in Section 8 Housing and pay with food stamps in Sedano's even after becoming citizens because a lot of them don't like to work (as they did in Cuba)... Also, many people fake having disabilities to receive a check and not work, the people receiving unemployment and not even looking for a job and women giving birth like rabbits to receive a check and not work... At least Mexicans work, pay tolls, purchase goods and services and many of them have their own businesses and pay taxes... All these BS is detroying America.

Old 10-21-2010, 06:55 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,952,069 times
Quote:
Your right we shouldn't focus on the 95% of the illegals. We should focus instead on any from Iceland, Norweigh and of course those damned French illegals. They are so much more a problem then the 6 or 8 or 10 million illegals from Mexico and south of the border.
My house is on fire but I need to worry about that wine stain on the welcome mat. Yes that makes perfect sense to me too.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:01 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,183,907 times
Quote:
Once they put a foot in American soil can get their papers, still they came without a visa in a boatlift.... same BS as tresspassing the fence... The purpose of coming to the country is the same... Yes, I think what this country does with Cubans is unfair for the rest of the people trying to get their papers. Mexicans don't use all of the benefits, there're many groups that does... Check the Cubans in Miami, when they arrive to the country they receive housing and food stamps, most live in Section 8 Housing and pay with food stamps in Sedano's even after becoming citizens because a lot of them don't like to work (as they did in Cuba)... Also, many people fake having disabilities to receive a check and not work, the people receiving unemployment and not even looking for a job and women giving birth like rabbits to receive a check and not work... At least Mexicans work, pay tolls, purchase goods and services and many of them have their own businesses and pay taxes... All these BS is detroying America.
I am just as opposed to the wet foot, dry foot policy for Cubans as I am about illegals jumping our borders. Some illegal Mexicans pay some taxes but it doesn't cover their social costs. Money isn't the issue anyway. Their illegal status is what really matters and the same applies to all illegals.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Be that as it may, and I do agree with you that after 50 years it is high time the preferential treatment given to Cubans ceased, they ARE here legally, while a majority of the illegals in this country ARE Mexican, so it seems you are virulently anti some who are here legally while extolling the "virtues" of those who are here ILLEGALLY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or