U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 03:27 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Even if it is Justice...do you find humor in it?
No, did I or anyone else in here display any humor over this incident?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 03:38 PM

32,798 posts, read 30,025,534 times
Quote:
Was this story dug up from the "slow news day" file? 50 workers busted at a company...one company, is good police work; but not worthy of National News.
Front page news bucko. See, most Americans actually enjoy reading about LE doing their jobs.
San Diego News, Local, California and National News - SignOnSanDiego.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Human tragedy? Is that what you call it when lawbreakers are caught and they have to pay the piper? I call it human justice.
The only tragedy is that it should have been done sooner. How many unemployed Americans could those jobs have gone to?

Old 10-15-2010, 03:57 PM

5,902 posts, read 6,351,297 times
Quote:
My point is...that there were 380,000,000 deportations last year. This is not a RARE occurrance. Should we list accounts of ALL 380K deportations!
Geez... Im sorry if I see no humor in a Human tradegy...brought on by themselves or not. Not LOL.
The story is not a routine round-up and deportation. This case involves federal charges against a company.

By the way, is it 380 million or 380 thousand.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:14 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,581,657 times
Quote:
You're being really off-topic with this. When did anyone say anything about it being funny. You are just becoming annoying with all your posts that try to justify illegal immigration or undocumented people. I don't get it. You're jumping to conclusions about stuff. How can you be so blind about this? A company was illegally employing people, it got what was coming for it and you are somehow trying to turn this into it being unfair or something.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:20 PM

29,988 posts, read 35,842,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Bakery Owner Charged: Feds charge bakery with harboring illegal immigrants - KSWB

This needs to become wide scale. Bust the owners and deport the scab labor.
Why not cut all federal funding to so-called "sanctuary cities"? IIRC, the mayor of San Diego several years ago was pushing for San Diego to be a sanctuary city. Obviously it is a place previously deported illegal aliens feel comfortable returning to since one of those arrested had indeed been charged as previously deported.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
You're being really off-topic with this. When did anyone say anything about it being funny. You are just becoming annoying with all your posts that try to justify illegal immigration or undocumented people. I don't get it. You're jumping to conclusions about stuff. How can you be so blind about this? A company was illegally employing people, it got what was coming for it and you are somehow trying to turn this into it being unfair or something.
I really wonder if some wouldn't be so upset about it if it wasn't for the fact it's a certain demographic. Example, it would probably be pretty quiet if it were about Canadian illegals.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:49 PM

3,845 posts, read 3,160,344 times
Quote:
No It's a VERY serious matter that NEEDS to be addressed every day in every way.

More Deportations,more news coverage and more FEAR. Yes FEAR !!!

Illegal Aliens and ALL criminals should live in FEAR not comfort. Let these few turn into many more and let the fear increase and let the public both legal and illegal realize that this will continue and grow until that criminal Illegal Alien mindset and sense of entitlement and openly breaking the laws of the USA are no more.

Old 10-15-2010, 05:44 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,581,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I really wonder if some wouldn't be so upset about it if it wasn't for the fact it's a certain demographic. Example, it would probably be pretty quiet if it were about Canadian illegals.
You know it. It wouldn't be the same, no one would be able to scream racism either. People would come up with something else though to cry about. "You can't deport them! They give us hockey and maple syrup." Or something silly.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:09 PM

2,542 posts, read 3,528,243 times
maybe it should have been called "The Sanctuary Bakery".

Old 10-15-2010, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
You know it. It wouldn't be the same, no one would be able to scream racism either. People would come up with something else though to cry about. "You can't deport them! They give us hockey and maple syrup." Or something silly.
I doubt there would be any noise at all. It doesn't involve their beloved demographic. That's my point. Sure you would get some of the lifer protestors that jump from issue to issue but 9-10 million of the same demographic is what is drawing these internet champions. Whether it is an idealogy, blood or simply association they have deemed it worthy of bilking US Citizens.

What is the term used for caring only about a certain demographic? The word escapes me at the moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or