U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-15-2010, 09:41 AM
 
Location: San Diego
32,924 posts, read 30,173,166 times
Reputation: 17745

Advertisements

Bakery Owner Charged: Feds charge bakery with harboring illegal immigrants - KSWB

This needs to become wide scale. Bust the owners and deport the scab labor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-15-2010, 12:03 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028
Apparently Americans no longer work in bakeries. After all, illegals ONLY do the jobs Americans won’t do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2010, 12:23 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,972,991 times
Reputation: 3084
Hmmm - do these 19 get one of those "special" visas for giving evidence of a crime then?

We already know the majority won't be deported, being "non violent criminals"

Quote:
Of those arrested, 19 of the illegal immigrant employees were charged as material witnesses in the complaint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2010, 03:15 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,094,154 times
Reputation: 957
Was this story dug up from the "slow news day" file? 50 workers busted at a company...one company, is good police work; but not worthy of National News.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2010, 03:29 PM
 
Location: AZ
1,983 posts, read 3,074,370 times
Reputation: 3238
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Bakery Owner Charged: Feds charge bakery with harboring illegal immigrants - KSWB

This needs to become wide scale. Bust the owners and deport the scab labor.

The businesses need to be heavily fined instead of just a slap on the wrist. 1st offense should be at least a 10K fine PER ILLEGAL then the illegals should be deported immediately!Fat chance of that ever happening though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2010, 03:44 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,590,837 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Apparently Americans no longer work in bakeries. After all, illegals ONLY do the jobs Americans won’t do.
LOL Exactly. I wonder what the wages were though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2010, 03:47 PM
 
3,951 posts, read 3,590,837 times
Reputation: 1270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Was this story dug up from the "slow news day" file? 50 workers busted at a company...one company, is good police work; but not worthy of National News.
Considering this topic of illegal immigration, it is always interesting to see something like this happening, especially when so many decades have gone by where those things haven't been happening like they should.

What is your point? LOL Geez, you will complain about ANYTHING here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2010, 04:01 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,094,154 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Considering this topic of illegal immigration, it is always interesting to see something like this happening, especially when so many decades have gone by where those things haven't been happening like they should.

What is your point? LOL Geez, you will complain about ANYTHING here.
My point is...that there were 380,000,000 deportations last year. This is not a RARE occurrance. Should we list accounts of ALL 380K deportations!

Geez... Im sorry if I see no humor in a Human tradegy...brought on by themselves or not. Not LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2010, 04:10 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
My point is...that there were 380,000,000 deportations last year. This is not a RARE occurrance. Should we list accounts of ALL 380K deportations!

Geez... Im sorry if I see no humor in a Human tradegy...brought on by themselves or not. Not LOL.
Human tragedy? Is that what you call it when lawbreakers are caught and they have to pay the piper? I call it human justice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-15-2010, 04:18 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,094,154 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Human tragedy? Is that what you call it when lawbreakers are caught and they have to pay the piper? I call it human justice.
Even if it is Justice...do you find humor in it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top