U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-20-2010, 08:06 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611

Advertisements

This is BS!
Quote:
The illegal aliens live in Georgia’s Cobb County, which has a population of about 600,000,
Quote:
and were
Quote:
discovered to be undocumented after getting arrested
by local police for state crimes
. One got booked after car crash for not having a driver’s license, another for shoplifting and the other for felony forgery.
Any judge with common sense will throw this out of court for at least 3 reasons.

(1)
All 3 were arrested on charges where "racial profiling" would be immpossible to use, even if the LE wanted to use it.
(2)
All 3 were dicovered to be Illegal "after" they were arrested.
(3)
LE were not the eye wittnesses of these crimes. They were somehow informed about a crime and then after the arrests dicovered they were illegal.
In other word, these 3 illegals were not just picked out of a crown.

This Immigration Lawyer must have forgotten to go to law school, because, any educated person can see that, no matter how you slice it, there's no way that "racial profiling could have taken place in either one of the 3 crimes.

This is just plain stupid!........for lack of a better word.
I mean..............

Last edited by mkfarnam; 10-20-2010 at 08:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-20-2010, 08:16 AM
 
Location: Oklahoma(formerly SoCalif) Originally Mich,
13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
Reputation: 4611
This Immigation Lawyer is try to somehow copy or be connected with the lawsuit against Arizona's SB 1070.
He's desporate for publicity.

This has to be some publicity stunt.
It's too damn stupid to be true.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 08:48 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
as Read the article, the lawsuit had been filed with specific terms, and litigants. when you claim that there are racial overtones to this lawsuit...that comes from the comentator of this article.





Just because the comentator states something as fact, does not make it so. The defendant's attorney is not even named or "quoted" in this piece.

The lawsuit stands to date as a repudiation of Cobb county and Georgia's participation in 287g; and the oversight and training provided by officals of ICE. That has no racial overtones.

Lets deal with the facts on the table and leave the conjector to future events to the prognosticators.
Let’s leave the “conjector” blah, blah, blah? There is no conjecture involved. The fact is, these lawyers are defending people who have no legal right to even be here; and whom, by the way, have committed additional crimes, which proves they pose a threat to this country.

Furthermore, if the case has no “racial overtones” why are Hispanics the ONLY group being defended? In case you don’t know, ICE apprehends and deports other racial/ethnic groups as well. Yet, they are excluded from this lawsuit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 09:44 AM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Reputation: 6451
And should we have either party who actually cared about this problem that we now are experiencing, and this illegal problem could get no worse, maybe these things now would not be happening. Either party seems to have not cared a dang about this issue, they know we have a problem here, they know that our borders are not safe! so what are they doing to protect us their citizens. And the gull of those who wish to file suit upon us for any reason at all, when first of all they do not belong in this Country, by illegal means. This is so wrong, and we need to send a clear message that this sort of behavior from illegals will not be tolerated, Our Government needs a backbone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 09:49 AM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,385,436 times
Reputation: 2345
I think Americans should lobby for the same rights as illegals. No one can EVER be arrested for any crime. Yeah.

People often argue that illegal immigrants are not really committing crimes or if they are their crimes are completely minor. The problem with this argument is that illegal migration leads to other crimes. Once you're here you have to get a place to live. So you go buy a few forged papers to prove your ability to rent a place. Then you need a job. Well that means stealing a social security number. Then you need a way to get to work. Public transportation is too good for the likes of you. So you drive without a license. You send your kids to school even though they really have no legal right to be in that school district in the first place. You don't file income taxes because the IRS isn't going to penalize you so why bother.

The net result is a series of laws broken and the impression that ALL laws are voluntary rather than mandatory. That has a horrible effect on society as a whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:31 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Let’s leave the “conjector” blah, blah, blah? There is no conjecture involved. The fact is, these lawyers are defending people who have no legal right to even be here; and whom, by the way, have committed additional crimes, which proves they pose a threat to this country.

Furthermore, if the case has no “racial overtones” why are Hispanics the ONLY group being defended? In case you don’t know, ICE apprehends and deports other racial/ethnic groups as well. Yet, they are excluded from this lawsuit.
speak of lame points.

Just as every person in this country is subject to the Jurisdiction and laws of this country[regardless of immigration status], they also are afforded legal representartion before the courts.

Thats not me saying...Thats The Constitution of the United States Of American as rulled on by The Supreme Court.


Deal with the facts of the case and leave the suppsition to the Media Hacks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 10:36 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
speak of lame points.

Just as every person in this country is subject to the Jurisdiction and laws of this country[regardless of immigration status], they also are afforded legal representartion before the courts.

Thats not me saying...Thats The Constitution of the United States Of American as rulled on by The Supreme Court.


Deal with the facts of the case and leave the suppsition to the Media Hacks.
And, the FACT is, they were apprehended and are eligible for deportation, not due to their race or ethnicity. Rather, due to the fact that they have violated our laws -- both immigration and criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 12:17 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Reputation: 3083
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
speak of lame points.

Just as every person in this country is subject to the Jurisdiction and laws of this country[regardless of immigration status], they also are afforded legal representartion before the courts.

Thats not me saying...Thats The Constitution of the United States Of American as rulled on by The Supreme Court.


Deal with the facts of the case and leave the suppsition to the Media Hacks.
They are entitled to legal representation in the courts for the crimes they were charged with, which they HAVE. They are NOT entitled to legal representation to try to circumvent or overthrow OUR LAWS in malicious and frivolous cases which have ZERO to do with the cases for the crimes with which they were charged.

That's the difference.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 12:33 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,313,186 times
Reputation: 326
Here's an article from the Atlanta Journal on this subject. It appears that the illegals and their attorney would like to make it a class action lawsuit to represent others as well:

Lawsuit challenges local immigration enforcement *| ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/news/lawsuit-challenges-local-immigration-683035.html - broken link)

It would be interesting to see how that turns out. What do you do with the illegals that have already been deported under 287(g)? Do you bring them back for their day in court? And if the lawsuit has merit (I doubt if it does), would the courts allow prior deportees to return until the lawsuit is settled? This is getting crazy...

Two Georgia Counties Applying for 287(g) | NumbersUSA - For Lower Immigration Levels
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-20-2010, 12:43 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,085,289 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
They are entitled to legal representation in the courts for the crimes they were charged with, which they HAVE. They are NOT entitled to legal representation to try to circumvent or overthrow OUR LAWS in malicious and frivolous cases which have ZERO to do with the cases for the crimes with which they were charged.

That's the difference.
That's like saying the a Japanese citizen can not bring a lawsuit against an individual, company, or agangy of the United States. By what law would that be prohibited?


Quote:
The ATCA[Alien Tort Clamis Act} was enacted in 1789 by the First Congress. The statute states: “The district courts shall have original jurisdiction of any civil action by an alien for a tort only, committed in violation of the law of nations or a treaty of the United States.”2 The ATCA provides foreign individuals with the ability to file a complaint in US federal court for injuries sustained from a “violation of the law of nations” anywhere in the world.


What constitues a"frivolous lawsuit" is a determination made a Court or Judge.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top