U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 09-20-2012, 05:30 PM
 
Location: deep in the south
233 posts, read 390,217 times
Reputation: 117

Advertisements

I haven't met ONE of them who doesn't.......I'd be interested to know if anyone has. After all, if you are here in this country earning a living without the legal right to, isn't that alone being dishonest no matter what your reasons for doing so is?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Of course they aren't. However, with the exception of small children, ALL illegal aliens lie, cheat, and steal to live in this country. That is certainly not true for most citizens and legal immigrants. In other words, no adult illegal alien is law-abiding, and none should be here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-20-2012, 07:41 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,018,719 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Of course they aren't. However, with the exception of small children, ALL illegal aliens lie, cheat, and steal to live in this country. That is certainly not true for most citizens and legal immigrants. In other words, no adult illegal alien is law-abiding, and none should be here.
At age 14 (with no parental guidance), Lance Corporal Gutierrez entered illegally and was immediately caught. He wasn't removed (strangely, as it would be during the Clinton administration), and at age 18 gained legal residency status. Since he wasn't "small" at the time, what sort of lies or stealing (living with foster families) would he have done to remain here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 09:14 PM
 
Location: deep in the south
233 posts, read 390,217 times
Reputation: 117
He willingly and knowingly broke our immigration laws by entering the country without documentation papers! What does that tell you about his character? Please don't tell me he was starving in his home country either, it costs $$$ to get here in the first place so obviously he chose to pay for that transport rather than feed and shelter himself in his own country of origin. All illegals use the same "poverty" an "wanting a better life" excuse to jump our borders and within time those cries change to "underpaid" and "discriminated against", if things for them are supposedly so bad here then why do they keep on coming in droves............one simple answer "for the freebies", medical, food stamps, section 8 housing, education, etc, all those things that many of our down on their luck citizen taxpayers who have contributed to those funds get turned down for when they might need that help, the welfare and social service agencys are over run and can't help everyone all the time, all illegals and their offspring (whether those children were born here or not) should not ever be able to take advantage of any social programs until every citizen has their needs met. We should not be educating their offspring either at the expense of our own children, they should not qualify for any student loans or grants until we run out of legal residents childrens need for aid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 09:30 PM
 
31,842 posts, read 14,662,676 times
Reputation: 8486
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
At age 14 (with no parental guidance), Lance Corporal Gutierrez entered illegally and was immediately caught. He wasn't removed (strangely, as it would be during the Clinton administration), and at age 18 gained legal residency status. Since he wasn't "small" at the time, what sort of lies or stealing (living with foster families) would he have done to remain here?
He broke our immigration laws by coming here illegally at age 14 whether he was caught immediately is irrelevant to his initial lawbreaking act.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 11:25 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,018,719 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
He willingly and knowingly broke our immigration laws by entering the country without documentation papers! What does that tell you about his character? Please don't tell me he was starving in his home country either, it costs $$$ to get here in the first place so obviously he chose to pay for that transport rather than feed and shelter himself in his own country of origin. All illegals use the same "poverty" an "wanting a better life" excuse to jump our borders and within time those cries change to "underpaid" and "discriminated against", if things for them are supposedly so bad here then why do they keep on coming in droves............one simple answer "for the freebies", medical, food stamps, section 8 housing, education, etc, all those things that many of our down on their luck citizen taxpayers who have contributed to those funds get turned down for when they might need that help, the welfare and social service agencys are over run and can't help everyone all the time, all illegals and their offspring (whether those children were born here or not) should not ever be able to take advantage of any social programs until every citizen has their needs met. We should not be educating their offspring either at the expense of our own children, they should not qualify for any student loans or grants until we run out of legal residents childrens need for aid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
He broke our immigration laws by coming here illegally at age 14 whether he was caught immediately is irrelevant to his initial lawbreaking act.
Both of you say that he "broke our immigration laws", but it was at an age that he was not culpable. With both parents dead when he was child in Guatemala, there was a good chance of "starving in his home country". He was put with foster families, whom seemed to appreciate his helpful presence in the household. Finishing school, he wanted to be an architect.

But he also wanted to give something more back to his adopted country, and became a U.S. Marine...

Now buried in Guatemala, what is your description, good, bad, or neutral, that he had on the United States? Is there any possible redemption that he can receive in your eyes for being a 14 year-old child caught as he entered this country? It was the policies of other prior administrations that allowed him to remain here as a ward of the state.

I was surprised that he hasn't been sponsored for posthumous U.S. citizenship. But the actual narrative plays better here. What are the contrasts to supporting someone like Leland Davidson, whom I've brought up before?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 11:36 PM
 
Location: OCEAN BREEZES AND VIEWS SAN CLEMENTE
19,899 posts, read 15,317,621 times
Reputation: 6451
Ask a friend of mine we have not seen in quite a while until recent. What he thinks of illegals in general.

Last year he was riding his own motorcycle minding his own business. When a drunken illegal went thru a red light and hit him head on. He almost died. Has plates in his arms, his legs, his back is messed up badly, his neck and head had injuries.

He is one messed up guy. But not as messed up as the a-- hole judge who let the illegal go, don't even get me started!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-20-2012, 11:43 PM
 
3,860 posts, read 3,169,882 times
Reputation: 2462
Quote:
Originally Posted by S.Pioneer View Post
^The last time I checked, illegal immigrants were not the only ones "lying, cheating and stealing." So instead of you clearly just blaming it on illegal immigrants, you should do some research so that you do not make yourself look like a fool.
You've already proven yourself one, this is the Illegal Immigration forum dealing with Illegal Aliens and the issues surrounding them.

Illegal means they have NO RIGHT TO BE HERE, therefore any lying, cheating and stealing by these parasites wouldn't exist here if they were honest , law abiding and respected US sovereignity and US laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2012, 12:05 AM
 
Location: Lake Oswego, Manhattan, Aspen
3,140 posts, read 3,970,115 times
Reputation: 11070
Here's another item for your list:

As a Native American (but an ostentatiously-dressed one, driving an Aston Martin), I am alternately mistaken for, A) "That Rich Chinese Lady who owns sweatshops in LA" or B) "That Mexican Drug Lord's Wife".

I feel that I should be mistaken for many more kinds of foreign nationals. I feel deprived. There are far too few exotics from foreign lands, for whom we Native Americans can be mistaken. If there were more of THEM, then we Indians would have a richer range of experiences in this regard. In fact, if we only had another thirty million or so illegals, people might forget we Native Americans even exist or ever existed.

And in case nobody has mentioned this, when I go to the Automatic Teller machine, or use an automated phone menu, I feel cheated in having my time wasted only a little bit, by being offered the choice of only ONE foreign language. I want another thirty million illegals here, so that I can: Press 1 for Spanish; Press 2 for English; Press 3 for Tagalong; Press 4 for Arabic; Press 5 for Russian; Press 6 for Kievan Rus; Press 7 for Oromo; Press 8 for Mong. That way, I could spend a whole day on a single automated transaction! After all: what else do I have to do with my time?

More Throbbing Diversity Vibrance, please!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2012, 02:43 AM
 
Location: deep in the south
233 posts, read 390,217 times
Reputation: 117
Both of you say that he "broke our immigration laws", but it was at an age that he was not culpable.

He was in fact culpable for his actions, or do you mean to tell us that he had no knowledge that his actions were illegal! If he was smart enough to find his way here I am sure he was also smart enough to know it was against the laws of this country for him to do so, and that just signifies his character as someone who thinks he is/was above our laws and thinks only of himself and what he wants, and that he and his wants/needs are above all others who wish to migrate here legally. If all the others can and do wait for their legal turn to be admitted, some I would hazard a guess in worse circumstances than his, then just what made him so special that he thought himself above our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-21-2012, 03:44 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,018,719 times
Reputation: 601
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollies mom View Post
...He was in fact culpable for his actions, or do you mean to tell us that he had no knowledge that his actions were illegal! If he was smart enough to find his way here I am sure he was also smart enough to know it was against the laws of this country for him to do so, and that just signifies his character as someone who thinks he is/was above our laws and thinks only of himself and what he wants, and that he and his wants/needs are above all others who wish to migrate here legally. If all the others can and do wait for their legal turn to be admitted, some I would hazard a guess in worse circumstances than his, then just what made him so special that he thought himself above our laws.
How would he have waited his "legal turn to be admitted" if there is no one to sponsor him? Does one just fill out some application and wait to be able to come to the United States? Is it that he just had the notion that he could somehow do better here (going awry when he was immediately caught), by what he had to do, the reason for your dislike?

Is he better defined by the term of once being an illegal alien, or a Marine that lost his life in combat for the principles of the United States? I'm trying to reconcile how deep the stigma of illegal immigration goes. You do realize that there are people that once were illegal aliens that became U.S. citizens, don't you?

Lance Corporal Gutierrez's story is notable. I see the other side of a 14 year-old boy with both parents dead, making the fateful decision to come to America. Rumor has that my Great Great Grandmother and her two male siblings had the same circumstance in front of them in their teens as well (she would have been 14 when her brother William left, and 17 when she and brother Henry followed). It wasn't just the pull of Deadwood gold for all three to leave Germany behind.

And they didn't even do any war service for their new country (Henry died at age 32 in a mine accident), that had to wait until grandchildren descendants (and beyond, like me)...

At least "Oldglory" said Lance Corporal Gutierrez deserved some kind of honor for his service, as much as any other U.S. servicemember who has died for their, errrm, our country...

Thank You for your service as well, "Oldglory", are you willing to pass that same respect to me?...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top