U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-17-2010, 09:33 AM
 
Location: San Diego
35,131 posts, read 32,118,924 times
Reputation: 19663

Advertisements

Joe Guzzardi: Look Who’s Building a Wall to Control Illegal Immigration - Noozhawk.com


hy∑poc∑ri∑sy


1. a pretense of having a virtuous character, moral or religious beliefs or principles, etc., that one does not really possess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-17-2010, 09:58 AM
 
Location: texas
3,059 posts, read 3,227,373 times
Reputation: 1738
Yep, this hit the nail squarely on the head. The Mexican government wants it cake and to eat it to. Calderon's Presidency is a joke.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2010, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Phoenix,Arizona
4,125 posts, read 4,788,868 times
Reputation: 4292
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingdomcome1 View Post
Yep, this hit the nail squarely on the head. The Mexican government wants it cake and to eat it to. Calderon's Presidency is a joke.
Calderon is just keeping in tune with his countries laws
something we could learn from them

Mexico welcomes only foreigners who will be useful to Mexican society:

Foreigners are admitted into Mexico "according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress." (Article 32)

Immigration officials must "ensure" that "immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents. (Article 34)

Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets "the equilibrium of the national demographics," when foreigners are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when "they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy." (Article 37)

The Secretary of Governance may "suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest." (Article 38)

Mexican authorities must keep track of every single person in the country:

Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)

A National Population Registry keeps track of "every single individual who comprises the population of the country," and verifies each individual's identity. (Articles 85 and 86)

A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).

Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned:

Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)

Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)

Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported, and/or imprisoned as felons:

Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)

Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)

Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico -- such as working with out a permit -- can also be imprisoned.

Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says:

"A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally." (Article 123)

Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)

Foreigners who "attempt against national sovereignty or security" will be deported. (Article 126)

Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law:

A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)

Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2010, 02:00 PM
 
1,807 posts, read 2,888,544 times
Reputation: 1228
No, when the U.S builds one it's stupid, poorly built/designed and inefficient and a waste of tax payer money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2010, 02:22 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,862,201 times
Reputation: 3012
Really? What about the human rights of United States citizens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2010, 02:32 PM
 
Location: texas
3,059 posts, read 3,227,373 times
Reputation: 1738
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Calderon is just keeping in tune with his countries laws
something we could learn from them

Mexico welcomes only foreigners who will be useful to Mexican society:

Foreigners are admitted into Mexico "according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress." (Article 32)

Immigration officials must "ensure" that "immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents. (Article 34)

Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets "the equilibrium of the national demographics," when foreigners are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when "they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy." (Article 37)

The Secretary of Governance may "suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest." (Article 38)

Mexican authorities must keep track of every single person in the country:

Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)

A National Population Registry keeps track of "every single individual who comprises the population of the country," and verifies each individual's identity. (Articles 85 and 86)

A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).

Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned:

Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)

Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)

Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported, and/or imprisoned as felons:

Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)

Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)

Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico -- such as working with out a permit -- can also be imprisoned.

Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says:

"A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally." (Article 123)

Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)

Foreigners who "attempt against national sovereignty or security" will be deported. (Article 126)

Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law:

A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)

Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)

I see your points. I still think Calderon is a tool though. For him to come to this country and say what he did was an insult that our lame duck POTUS did nothing about.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2010, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Phoenix,Arizona
4,125 posts, read 4,788,868 times
Reputation: 4292
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I like and am proud our version of Democracy and Human Rights.
But ILLEGAL entry into the United States is a crime...Right ?

As long as the murders, rapes, kidnappings, ID theft, and credit fraud is happening to everyone EXCEPT our elected local/state/federal officials, their family members, and close friends -- illegal Entry into the U.S.A. is officially NOT A PROBLEM.

I consider it an insult to mine and every Americans intelligence the way this AND past administrations
have down played our National Security along the
southern border !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2010, 03:03 PM
 
3,493 posts, read 2,471,898 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I absolutely believe in human rights for US citizens.....I am sure we both do.

I just don't think that one of those rights for me needs to be the right to allow women and children to die in the deserts and mountains of Arizona and to be arrested and tortured for their poverty.

I absolutely believe that as people of good will and self interest we can find a way to amend our immigration policies to allow for the legal documentation of a work force that we desperately need and who are desperate to get here to work.

It serves no good purpose to criminalize American corporations who need seasonal workers and to criminalize the workers they desperately need. It also is counter productive to work toward the extinction of the building blocks of community...The Family....as one of the stratagies of maintaining our failed immigration policy. We can do better....si se pueda.
We don't need low skilled, poorly educated, non-English speaking Mexicans. Certainly not in the teeth of the worst economic times in decades. That's a myth perpetrated by illegal immigration defenders, those who are badly informed on this issue and a delusional and arrogant Mexican government that can't bother to educate, feed and provide jobs for their own peasant class.

A very small minority of Americans may "need" these people because they are too damned cheap to pay workers a decent wage. The rest of us do not need people who don't speak our language, overcrowd our schools and hold themselves above our civil laws.

We've allowed nearly a tenth of Mexico's population to come here legally. If anything our immigration policies needing amending to call a stop to anymore migration from that country. We need to allow those already here to assimilate by learning English and adopting American customs such as completing high school, respect for women as something more than walking wombs and not having three babies before you're twenty. We most certainly don't need people who drop an anchor baby without permission and expect all costs for said baby to be at covered by the American taxpayer.

If people are dying in the process of attempting to overrule American immigration rules they have only themselves to blame.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2010, 03:20 PM
 
Location: Phoenix,Arizona
4,125 posts, read 4,788,868 times
Reputation: 4292
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
We don't need low skilled, poorly educated, non-English speaking Mexicans. Certainly not in the teeth of the worst economic times in decades. That's a myth perpetrated by illegal immigration defenders, those who are badly informed on this issue and a delusional and arrogant Mexican government that can't bother to educate, feed and provide jobs for their own peasant class.

A very small minority of Americans may "need" these people because they are too damned cheap to pay workers a decent wage. The rest of us do not need people who don't speak our language, overcrowd our schools and hold themselves above our civil laws.

We've allowed nearly a tenth of Mexico's population to come here legally. If anything our immigration policies needing amending to call a stop to anymore migration from that country. We need to allow those already here to assimilate by learning English and adopting American customs such as completing high school, respect for women as something more than walking wombs and not having three babies before you're twenty. We most certainly don't need people who drop an anchor baby without permission and expect all costs for said baby to be at covered by the American taxpayer.

If people are dying in the process of attempting to overrule American immigration rules they have only themselves to blame.
Very well put
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-17-2010, 03:56 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,520,146 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
No, when the U.S builds one it's stupid, poorly built/designed and inefficient and a waste of tax payer money.
Not true. The one that is partially or mostly build already is a double layed very effective fence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top