Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 12:50 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
There's always an alterior motive. Pretty gutsy to go that route. Those cartels don't seem to care who or how many they kill. If she posed no threat to them, it sure would be interesting to know the origin of those "threatening" messages she received.
She claimed she got a text message that scared her.

Just like the entire Reyes Salazar clan is claiming they did. All 33 of that cartel family is getting their asylum - over a text message. In spite of the fact that they are the family of Miguel Angel Reyes Salazar who worked for Escajeda aka "El Rikin" and committed some of the Lebaron executions.

Now they're afraid because their involvement in the cartel gave them every reason to be afraid - but all it takes to claim asylum is to insist you are afraid. Asylum comes with some very very nice government handouts. All 33 members of the Reyes family will be living off the taxpayers, as well as this short-time police woman and her extended family. How sweet a deal. She never did anything while she had that job, she had it such a short time, and now over one text message she's home free and never has to worry about jobs or where the money comes from the rest of her days.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:05 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
but all it takes to claim asylum is to insist you are afraid. Asylum comes with some very very nice government handouts. All 33 members of the Reyes family will be living off the taxpayers, as well as this short-time police woman and her extended family. How sweet a deal. She never did anything while she had that job, she had it such a short time, and now over one text message she's home free and never has to worry about jobs or where the money comes from the rest of her days.
Why don't ALL mexicans just claim it then? I mean, after all, how many innocent people died in Ciudad Juarez (and many other mexican cities) last year due to drug cartel related violence? If that was happening in my city, I would sure as hell be afraid! Now, I'm not saying they should, but what's keeping them all from claiming asylum if being "afraid" is the only criteria needed?

This is the silliest sh*t I've seen. How dumb does the Mexican government think us Americans are? Oh wait.... That was a rhetorical question.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:14 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
I am surprise she didn;t just say;Can't we all just get along.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:15 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Why don't ALL mexicans just claim it then? I mean, after all, how many innocent people died in Ciudad Juarez (and many other mexican cities) last year due to drug cartel related violence? If that was happening in my city, I would sure as hell be afraid! Now, I'm not saying they should, but what's keeping them all from claiming asylum if being "afraid" is the only criteria needed?

This is the silliest sh*t I've seen. How dumb does the Mexican government think us Americans are? Oh wait.... That was a rhetorical question.
That is exactly what a whole lot of them are doing now. No matter that it's a big lie because many parts of Mexico are safer than many cities in the USA.

Now it's not that ole "but my family will starve!!!!" excuse but "my family is scared!!!".

Not only that but many people say that if they become whistleblowers against their cartel friends and family, it gives them much better chance to bring their whole extended family over to live off the taxpayers' dime. Now we all know what the cartel will do to whistleblowers. They are NOT making themselves safer by becoming informants, only much richer.

Yes, I can see why some of these people feel the need to relocate, but there is no reason at all for them to be given asylum. They are afraid of street crime, not their government. Or they are afraid of the new cartel moving into town because they worked for the previous one, or they fear their own cartel because they screwed up.

Mexico is a democracy, there is plenty of freedom in Mexico.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:31 PM

50,283 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:

Maybe all of the displaced Americans who lost jobs to illegals should use the same excuse.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:47 PM

11,251 posts, read 11,022,956 times
Quote:
That is exactly what a whole lot of them are doing now. No matter that it's a big lie because many parts of Mexico are safer than many cities in the USA.

Now it's not that ole "but my family will starve!!!!" excuse but "my family is scared!!!".

Not only that but many people say that if they become whistleblowers against their cartel friends and family, it gives them much better chance to bring their whole extended family over to live off the taxpayers' dime. Now we all know what the cartel will do to whistleblowers. They are NOT making themselves safer by becoming informants, only much richer.

Yes, I can see why some of these people feel the need to relocate, but there is no reason at all for them to be given asylum. They are afraid of street crime, not their government. Or they are afraid of the new cartel moving into town because they worked for the previous one, or they fear their own cartel because they screwed up.

This is truly a sad state of affairs we are letting ourselves get into. We may be the most "powerful" nation in the world, but I find it hard to believe that other countries (particularly Mexico) don't look at the U.S. as a complete laughingstock as far as our policies are concerned. Between Obama's cowardly actions against the state of Arizona, and the rapid expansion of illegals in this country the past decade, it is just a matter of time before they get hostile in their attempts to take the land in the states currently known as Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and California by force. At the rate we're going as a country, we might as well just give it to them since Obama is doing nothing to protect the states. If he does that, he'll be sure to secure minority votes come election time. After all, that's what it's all about, right?

Old 03-06-2011, 11:03 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,106,357 times
Quote:
This is truly a sad state of affairs we are letting ourselves get into. We may be the most "powerful" nation in the world, but I find it hard to believe that other countries (particularly Mexico) don't look at the U.S. as a complete laughingstock as far as our policies are concerned. Between Obama's cowardly actions against the state of Arizona, and the rapid expansion of illegals in this country the past decade, it is just a matter of time before they get hostile in their attempts to take the land in the states currently known as Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, and California by force. At the rate we're going as a country, we might as well just give it to them since Obama is doing nothing to protect the states. If he does that, he'll be sure to secure minority votes come election time. After all, that's what it's all about, right?
Oh it's only a matter of time. Once Hispanics of Mexican descent get to around 40%-50% of the population in those states they will begin pushing for self-determination and unification with Mexico. It will be much like the Republican minority in British Northern Ireland pushing for unification with the Republic of Ireland despite the wishes of the Unionist majority. In fact, we will probably have some serious violence over the issue because I for one have no intention of allowing American soil to be handed over to a foreign nation.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:09 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:

The whole asylum nonsense needs to be cut out. That;s how we got stuck with the Somalis and other third world undesirables.

I never understood why if people are a true refugees flying half around the world to the USA is preferable then running to another part of the country or a nearby country.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:31 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
Which is one reason Australia will not offer asylum to any "refugee" that has already travelled through other countries where they could have sought asylum. Makes perfect sense to me.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:19 PM

1,421 posts, read 1,490,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Oh it's only a matter of time. Once Hispanics of Mexican descent get to around 40%-50% of the population in those states they will begin pushing for self-determination and unification with Mexico. It will be much like the Republican minority in British Northern Ireland pushing for unification with the Republic of Ireland despite the wishes of the Unionist majority. In fact, we will probably have some serious violence over the issue because I for one have no intention of allowing American soil to be handed over to a foreign nation.
Unles Mexico dies first. With the way they re killing each other over d rugs, Mexico may fall apart. I dont have any good ansers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration