U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-20-2010, 02:04 PM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,468 posts, read 7,559,528 times
Reputation: 12140

Advertisements

If this does not sum up the problems to the south of us, nothing will. This is unheard of, even in the most god awful of hell hole countries.

What can be done to fix this problem? It is just a short matter of time before serious issues will arise that will have no other recourse but for the U.S. to get involved. The problem down there is 100% equivalent to terrorism. This issue penetrates to the highest levels of the Mexican government.

College student named police chief in Mexico; no one else applied | The Upshot Yahoo! News - Yahoo! News (http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101020/wl_yblog_upshot/college-student-named-police-chief-in-violence-plagued-mexican-town-after-no-one-else-would-apply - broken link)

Mods: My mistake, I meant to put this in the regular politics forum. Please move it if you agree it belongs there. Thanks.

 
Old 10-20-2010, 04:01 PM
 
Location: On a Long Island in NY
7,624 posts, read 8,121,577 times
Reputation: 6949
The fact that she plans on doing all this with an unarmed and mostly female force is beyond naive. I applaud her sense of duty but I can't help but think her days are numbered in the single digits now ...
 
Old 10-20-2010, 04:07 PM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,468 posts, read 7,559,528 times
Reputation: 12140
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The fact that she plans on doing all this with an unarmed and mostly female force is beyond naive. I applaud her sense of duty but I can't help but think her days are numbered in the single digits now ...
Can't agree more! This should terrify people to know that this is what looms just on the other side of the fence from Texas.
 
Old 10-20-2010, 04:12 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,819,795 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The fact that she plans on doing all this with an unarmed and mostly female force is beyond naive. I applaud her sense of duty but I can't help but think her days are numbered in the single digits now ...
Sadly, I believe youíre right. Soon, there will be no law enforcement in the cartel-controlled Mexico. If we donít secure our borders, they will control the U.S. as well.
 
Old 10-20-2010, 04:21 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,155,041 times
Reputation: 2130
11 mayors in Mexico got assassinated recently by probably the drug cartels. No public official is safe there unless they are in on the corruption.
 
Old 10-20-2010, 05:07 PM
 
29,988 posts, read 35,869,055 times
Reputation: 12719
I suspect this gal will fall victim to the cartels as soon as she actually does anything to enforce the law and interrupt their business.

It will be up to the individual states in the US to secure their borders. The governors of border states, especially to the South, should be recalling their national guard to to what Obama/Holder will not.

If your state does not have a "castle doctrine" that extends to private property outside of the walls of the home, and if it does not have a law prohibiting the seizure of firearms in times of emergency/marshall law, get busy and push it forward ....like yesterday!
 
Old 10-20-2010, 05:34 PM
 
16,701 posts, read 18,925,010 times
Reputation: 6798
Did anyone stop to think?? Is she hired by the cartel to keep the law enforcement out of their business? She has stated that she plans ZERO enforcement of illegal drugs, she says thats the "other" government agency's problem, not hers... anyone want to think she is brave again or is she a cartel plant?
 
Old 10-20-2010, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
6,468 posts, read 7,559,528 times
Reputation: 12140
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Did anyone stop to think?? Is she hired by the cartel to keep the law enforcement out of their business? She has stated that she plans ZERO enforcement of illegal drugs, she says thats the "other" government agency's problem, not hers... anyone want to think she is brave again or is she a cartel plant?
How is it that there was not a single other applicant? I find it hard to believe that a cartel would plant a child as the lone applicant. They could at least TRY to make it look like the job had some level of applicant competition. Is this really what its come down to???
 
Old 10-20-2010, 05:50 PM
 
Location: On a Long Island in NY
7,624 posts, read 8,121,577 times
Reputation: 6949
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
I suspect this gal will fall victim to the cartels as soon as she actually does anything to enforce the law and interrupt their business.

It will be up to the individual states in the US to secure their borders. The governors of border states, especially to the South, should be recalling their national guard to to what Obama/Holder will not.

If your state does not have a "castle doctrine" that extends to private property outside of the walls of the home, and if it does not have a law prohibiting the seizure of firearms in times of emergency/marshall law, get busy and push it forward ....like yesterday!
The problem is that if the state activates it's National Guard then they have to foot the bill - obviously in the present economic troubles the possibility of this happening is slim to none.

This is going to come down to the American people vs the drug cartels. Were gonna have to form militias and defend our own border. It's a damn shame its come down to this but its the truth. Its up to We the People of these United States.
 
Old 10-20-2010, 05:52 PM
 
16,701 posts, read 18,925,010 times
Reputation: 6798
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
How is it that there was not a single other applicant? I find it hard to believe that a cartel would plant a child as the lone applicant. They could at least TRY to make it look like the job had some level of applicant competition. Is this really what its come down to???
The cartel kills politicians, officers, military whatever... do you think they care about "how" to do something... they aren't hiding their intentions, they could care less what other people thought... the fact that she is still living later only proves that she is in with the cartel... and HER decision to not enforce any drug crime... well.... gee... isn't that a grand coincidence...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top