U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 07:15 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
It is there. Subset of the other stuff. Same message. illegals are the lowest of the immigrants.

It is interesting that even some of the hard core antis take it as a given that the newest of the immigrants have the lowest crime. Not that they buy the low crime by the way...but they do buy the lowest at entry.
pdf files freeze up my computer so I can't view it but the link is to chicano.ucla? Hmm, I'm more than suspcious of the stats now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2010, 07:45 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,567,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
pdf files freeze up my computer so I can't view it but the link is to chicano.ucla? Hmm, I'm more than suspcious of the stats now.
Not from me. Somebody on your side was selling the old Chicano study. That came out of the Chicano dept at UCLA. But it is the right that loves that one.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:46 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,388,165 times
When Nebraska was preparing for a city ordinance banning hiring or renting to illegals it was stated that it was against the law to differentiate between illegals and legals so no stats were available as far as health care crime etc.

Old 10-30-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
When Nebraska was preparing for a city ordinance banning hiring or renting to illegals it was stated that it was against the law to differentiate between illegals and legals so no stats were available as far as health care crime etc.
That is pretty much gobbledegook. Hiring illegals knowingly is illegal...it may however be illegal to discriminate against renting to illegals. There are all sorts of strange things in the Federal fair housing regulations.

there is however no rule I can imagine against a prison keeping track of who is an illegal alien. I would also expect a census taker can ask.

Old 10-30-2010, 10:21 PM

Quote:
That is pretty much gobbledegook. Hiring illegals knowingly is illegal...it may however be illegal to discriminate against renting to illegals. There are all sorts of strange things in the Federal fair housing regulations.

there is however no rule I can imagine against a prison keeping track of who is an illegal alien. I would also expect a census taker can ask.
Why would a census taker ask? It isn't a question on the form. In fact the census taker would probably be sued for asking a person's status in this country. It should be a question on the census but would an illegal really tell the truth anyway?

Old 10-31-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Why would a census taker ask? It isn't a question on the form. In fact the census taker would probably be sued for asking a person's status in this country. It should be a question on the census but would an illegal really tell the truth anyway?
Sure they do. It is in the ACS which replaces the long form in 2010.

Old 10-31-2010, 02:32 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,972,991 times
Quote:
Sure they do. It is in the ACS which replaces the long form in 2010.
Wrong. Makes me wonder what else you "know" is also wrong information.

Immigration status is NOT among the ten questions on the short form used for the 2010 census. Guess you didn't notice when you filled yours out.

Old 10-31-2010, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Wrong. Makes me wonder what else you "know" is also wrong information.

Immigration status is NOT among the ten questions on the short form used for the 2010 census. Guess you didn't notice when you filled yours out.
YOu call someone else when you have no idea what you are talking about?

The right gets dimmer and dimmer as the years go on.

The citizenship questions have historically been in the long form of the census never in the short form. Some of the Republicans tried to drive it into the short form last year but failed.

In 2010 the ACS (American Community Survey) was substituted for the long form. It is also a portion of the decennial census. It contains citizenship questions.

Old 10-31-2010, 07:36 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,972,991 times
Well you're misinformed again.......the ACS was NOT sent to everyone - the census was.

and once more - there was NO question regarding immigration status on the census 2010 form.

check out the section titled "what will a census worker NOT ask" for your edification.....

http://2010.census.gov/news/pdf/10th...nsustakers.pdf

Old 10-31-2010, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Well you're misinformed again.......the ACS was NOT sent to everyone - the census was.

and once more - there was NO question regarding immigration status on the census 2010 form.

check out the section titled "what will a census worker NOT ask" for your edification.....

http://2010.census.gov/news/pdf/10th...nsustakers.pdf
If there would have been such a question on the census when I filled it out I sure would have noticed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration