Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 08:38 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,290,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I really hate to do this but...

Sovereignty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Who misspelled it???? Olecapt???

And doesn't it have something to do with the laws of the land you are in?
Thank you. I thought I had spelled it right in the first place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 08:48 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,862,525 times
The second largest industry in Vegas is construction and when someone works in real estate I guess they think that since they makes so much of their income on the backs of illegals the rest of the country should be happy to pay for it.

The unemployment rate in Vegas is so high right now and I feel so sorry for all those that lost their jobs. It makes it very hard for me to understand how anyone can defend someone that isn't here legally taking the job of their neighbor.

All in the name of a buck I guess.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:38 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,129,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Thank you. I thought I had spelled it right in the first place.
You are now quoting nonexistent posts?

Why don't you just rewrite the thread.

Sheesh...you think it can't get any dumber...

Old 10-26-2010, 09:43 PM

15,756 posts, read 38,129,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
The second largest industry in Vegas is construction and when someone works in real estate I guess they think that since they makes so much of their income on the backs of illegals the rest of the country should be happy to pay for it.

The unemployment rate in Vegas is so high right now and I feel so sorry for all those that lost their jobs. It makes it very hard for me to understand how anyone can defend someone that isn't here legally taking the job of their neighbor.

All in the name of a buck I guess.
The second largest industry used to be construction. No more. And it is highly hispanic and has been for some years. And yeah there are likely some illegals...as there are in virtually all areas of work in the SW.

I would think the hispanics can sort out who gets the jobs.

I note you have now given up on any real arguments and have gone for the personal attack. What has RE or what I do got to do with anything.

You guys are even bad losers. No wonder you sit around and complain about the hispanics. You need justification for your own lack of success.

Old 10-26-2010, 09:51 PM

1,807 posts, read 3,317,498 times
what kind of imbecile would use #3-5 lol.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
The second largest industry used to be construction. No more. And it is highly hispanic and has been for some years. And yeah there are likely some illegals...as there are in virtually all areas of work in the SW.

I would think the hispanics can sort out who gets the jobs.

I note you have now given up on any real arguments and have gone for the personal attack. What has RE or what I do got to do with anything.

You guys are even bad losers. No wonder you sit around and complain about the hispanics. You need justification for your own lack of success.
Of course construction USED to be the second largest, we all know of the down turn in the housing industry. I wonder how many people in Las Vegas agree with you that construction is a largely Hispanic occupation.
Would that be because they pulled the wages down?

I see how many people in Vegas are desperate for jobs yet I guess we should let the Hispanics sort out who gets them??? Legal Hispanics...no problem. Illegals....BS You seem to have a problem distinguishing between the two.

Considering I have been semi-retired since I was 43 I hardly consider myself a loser. I didn't make my money through slave labor though and I'm strongly opposed to it.

When someone on the forum puts stats in front of you and you ignore them and chose to try to belittle them for spelling you concede the arguement. Simple...

Old 10-26-2010, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
what kind of imbecile would use #3-5 lol.

You would be suprised!!!!

Old 10-26-2010, 11:00 PM

358 posts, read 394,248 times
Quote:
Nonsense. Simple nonsense. My style is my own but well honed..

Did you mean simply nonsense? in the context of your statement it would be more fitting, although "Simple nonsense" works as well.
"There are too many to throw out and they are embedded in an American fifth column that makes it virtually impossible. And until that is fixed it will continue to be impossible to hold the border." Questionable?
"Even the antis always throw in the education of the illegals legal children"Look up the word in the dictionary.
"I would also not that NV," You meant note??
"Why I don't approve of the spelling police there are places where one should be careful"
While I don't?

I don't normally touch it. But if you use big emotional words spell them correctly...if you can't...don't use them.

As I stated before: "The grammar police would have arrested you several times already, I would not cast stones. We all understand people make mistakes posting on here, the only thing that matters is the message they are trying to convey."

Why don't you count the cost of legal families which provide succor to the illegal? The brother/sister? The Aunt/Uncle? They use US systems and share part of their take with their illegal relatives. Hell you can count all the tax supported monies paid to anyone related to an illegal or who even knows one.

That will really blow up your numbers.

The truth is that the legal children are included because there is virtually nothing else.

You are missing the entire point. "The families ALL directly benefit from this, from the illegal parents to the legal children, as a family unit, therefore it should be counted." What is the key word here? family unit.. a household that shares resources, and since the parents are directly accountable for the welfare of their minor children then naturally the families economic impact should be counted. Really nice try, you should think about becoming a politician.

I have comma anyone? I think read every report on the subject of any credibility. None make it a big deal. The right loads the legal kids...which is objectionable primarily because it is almost always the biggest item they have. The left gets off into hyper space economics of the impact of labor. I find no one with any credible indications of large impact.

I seriously doubt you have read any report on this issue, besides articles from the L.A. Times. I would suggest you search my name, check out some of the many links I have already provided on this site, then explain why they are not credible.

As I have said...the high school drop out and the student worker are harmed...but few others.

You cannot honestly believe that. The collision repair industry was once full of skilled, well paid American craftsmen. Over time these trades were taken over by illegal immigrants with horrible standards, depressing wages and driving Americans out of that labor market. I know this issue very personally, I hire the technicians that work on your vehicle when it's damaged. This same scenario plays out over many industries in America, there is no question about it.

Takes all of 30 seconds to find the recent Pew data. You are right but just barely and probably wrong in Clark County. Nevada is second only to CA which is 6.9% illegals to NVs 6.8%. Texas is in at 6.5%. And AZ, which has all the problems, is at 5.8%. So you got one level but that is about it and that one close enough you get no points.

Please post link, thank you.

The illegals have little but good impact on crime. Easy to see. Look at the change in crime as the illegal population increases. If you want to get more sophisticated there are lots of data demonstrating that illegals avoid doing anything that gets police contact for the obvious reason.

Please post study. I would love to debate you on this point. There is one other thing I would like to point out, if illegal immigrants do not commit crimes for fear of contact with law enforcement, then wouldn't they also not report a crime committed? you forget that there is a direct relationship between social status and crime. By your own admission illegal immigrants are taking low paying jobs in America, putting them below or at the poverty line and into the higher crime rate categories. If you say illegal immigrant communities are safer.. well you are right to a certain point. I would love for you to think about why they are considered safer, who they displaced, and if they are really safe. Give this some serious though and get back to me, we have a lot to discuss on that topic.

Actually there are lots of people in CA who would like to see the problem ended. But the vast majority favor amnesty in some guise. There are some who favor enforecement only but they are a minority. And the population of CA completely dominates the region. If we are talking about the will of the majority..go with CA.

To agree with a path to citizenship does not mean Californians do not want enforcement, in July of this year the majority of Californians support Arizona, can you not support enforcement and some path to citizenship? you are confusing the issue....

The object is not to open the flood gates. The intent is to reduce the illegal numbers to the point at which they can be tracked, apprehended and expelled. We can probably do that for a few hundred thousand. It would also be a very good idea to send to prison any criminal who returns. Perhaps for 10 or 15 years.

The floodgates are already open, the issue is stemming the flow. The IRCA in 1986 was supposed to be for a million or so illegal immigrants to be granted amnesty, that number tripled once it was passed. The border was not secured as promised. In a perfect society we could reduce the numbers with citizenship, then deport and make it a serious offense.. but everyone knows history will repeat itself.

The poll was of course done for the obvious reason that everyone wants to know the answer. I certainly found it interesting. You did not?
Like I said before, not very interesting. The poll was about a "Path to citizenship", and in no way means California will not support the Federal government in enforcing the laws, or that Californians embrace the flood of illegal immigrants.

Last edited by Iceman82; 10-26-2010 at 11:27 PM..

Old 10-27-2010, 02:53 AM
Yac

6,049 posts, read 7,709,737 times
For the last time, spelling, while important, is not an issue that should be focused on in this forum. Don't act like politicians making a fuss about minor things like this when there are important issues at hand.
Yac.

Old 10-27-2010, 06:47 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,290,599 times
Quote:
You are now quoting nonexistent posts?

Why don't you just rewrite the thread.

Sheesh...you think it can't get any dumber...
You were proven wrong about my spelling so why don't you just give it up and move on? I don't know of any non-existent post. The post where you claimed I mispelled soveirgnty is post #16 in this thread. Now please do as the mod suggested and stop this pettiness about spelling errors that never happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration