U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 05:29 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
So far the illegal immigrants going door-to-door aren't meeting opposition. Craig Keller, an organizer for Respect WA, a group pushing for stricter immigration law in the Washington, said he doesn't mind illegal immigrants volunteering for vote drives, he just wants to make sure mistakes on the voter rolls don't allow them to vote.
Washington is one state. I dare any illegal to come down to the southern states and see how far they get soliciting door to door.
Now that would be entertainment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2010, 05:48 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
even if you were yet to get your citizenship, didnt have citizenship or were a citizen...you have the right to close/slam your door to her. I dont think anyone has a right to slam a door "in her face".
If that were true, which I'm sure it's not, what difference would if make? She's violated more laws than the amount of posters on this thread.

If I wanted to slam the door in her or anyones face, that's exactly what I'd do.
Or I could reach above the door and pull back the hammer on my gun and make sure she heard it.

Old 10-25-2010, 08:05 PM

4,896 posts, read 5,863,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
If I wanted to slam the door in her or anyones face, that's exactly what I'd do.

Or I could reach above the door and pull back the hammer on my gun and make sure she heard it.
I know I shouldn't laugh but, I did.......

Old 10-25-2010, 08:14 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times
Quote:
Washington is one state. I dare any illegal to come down to the southern states and see how far they get soliciting door to door.
Now that would be entertainment.
Heck, I dare them to come to THIS side of the state and see how well received they are...........I'd slam my door so fast she'd be on her illegal A$$

Old 10-26-2010, 07:56 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Only in America, can foreign interlopers flaunt their illegality as though it’s a badge of honor. Our pandering government has emboldened these criminals. They now feel it is their “right” to interfere with our political process. After all, Obama has promised them a path to citizenship, and a piece of the American pie.

Old 10-26-2010, 10:59 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,084,676 times
Quote:
If that were true, which I'm sure it's not, what difference would if make? She's violated more laws than the amount of posters on this thread.

The diffrence is...no mater the person(legal or not) slamming a door IN ones face is battery. closing/slamming the door to some one is different.
words have meaning

Old 10-26-2010, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Only in America, can foreign interlopers flaunt their illegality as though it’s a badge of honor. Our pandering government has emboldened these criminals. They now feel it is their “right” to interfere with our political process. After all, Obama has promised them a path to citizenship, and a piece of the American pie.

If the Federal Election Commission says foreigners can participale in the American Political process, so long as they dont contribute money or goods to a campaign, then why get angry at the foreigner? Its the FEC that allows it.

Seems to me... these foreigners are learning American democratic values. Values that almost 40% of American voters do not do. Vote or participate in the American political process.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:28 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,285,252 times
I understand your post and what your saying Opyelie. It is the Hispanic Voters themselves who have to come to realize, that they are targeted with one goal, and that is to make sure they get that democrat vote in, to some if your hispanic there is no other way. Thank Goodness my Hispanic friends, have enough of smarts, and the will to make up their own decisions, and you know, no one can influence those who do have their own mind no one. Hispanics have to realize deep down, why they are needed for the democrat vote, and realize that they are being in a sense used, Democrats don't give a rat's as- about them, just want to makue sure, that they get their votes, and my Hispanic friends, who are very intelligent, understand this. How has this Administration helped the Hispanics, have they done what they said they would, or was it just smoke.

Old 10-26-2010, 11:58 AM

3,493 posts, read 2,385,153 times
Quote:
The diffrence is...no mater the person(legal or not) slamming a door IN ones face is battery. closing/slamming the door to some one is different.
words have meaning
Slamming a door in someone's face is battery?

On what planet? I had a persistent Jehova's Witness on my porch a few weeks ago. I was trying to do yard work and she wouldn't leave me alone. I finally went inside and the creep tried to follow me into my own home after multiple demands to get off my property. Yes, I slammed the door in her evil face. How was that a crime?

And yes words have meaning. This woman states that WE need to reform OUR immigration laws. This woman is not part of OUR country. She's not an American citizen. HER immigration laws are Mexican immigration laws. She should obey OUR laws and go back to HER home.

Quote:
If the Federal Election Commission says foreigners can participale in the American Political process, so long as they dont contribute money or goods to a campaign, then why get angry at the foreigner? Its the FEC that allows it.

Seems to me... these foreigners are learning American democratic values. Values that almost 40% of American voters do not do. Vote or participate in the American political process.
Participation in the political process should be limited to legal American citizens. Foreigners are not welcome to unilaterally declare themselves members of the United States without our permission. Why shouldn't her decision to ignore our laws openly not provoke anger?

The only value she's expressing is the anti-democratic value of failure to respect American laws. She seems to believe that American immigration laws only apply to others and not to her. That's someone who does not belong here, has no morals and should be immediately deported.

Old 10-26-2010, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
Slamming a door in someone's face is battery?

On what planet? I had a persistent Jehova's Witness on my porch a few weeks ago. I was trying to do yard work and she wouldn't leave me alone. I finally went inside and the creep tried to follow me into my own home after multiple demands to get off my property. Yes, I slammed the door in her evil face. How was that a crime?

And yes words have meaning. This woman states that WE need to reform OUR immigration laws. This woman is not part of OUR country. She's not an American citizen. HER immigration laws are Mexican immigration laws. She should obey OUR laws and go back to HER home.

Participation in the political process should be limited to legal American citizens. Foreigners are not welcome to unilaterally declare themselves members of the United States without our permission. Why shouldn't her decision to ignore our laws openly not provoke anger?

The only value she's expressing is the anti-democratic value of failure to respect American laws. She seems to believe that American immigration laws only apply to others and not to her. That's someone who does not belong here, has no morals and should be immediately deported.

Foreigners are not welcome to unilaterally declare themselves members of the United States without our permission

Foreigners may not be welcomed, but they are allowed(given permission) by the Federal Election Commision to particpate in the American political system.

Slamming a door IN someone's face is battery?
Yes, if physical contact is made[on this planet and every other]...Closing the door or slamming the door TO someone is not making physical contact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or