U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 04:29 PM

5,396 posts, read 6,916,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
There is nothing good about illegal immigration -- NONE. If you want to fight for the illegals, at least argue coherently.
That is a value- add post.

This is what you get emjbulls. Anyway, I am done here in this forum. You try to present actual research and discussion from respected think tank directors and this is what you get in response. A bunch of malarkey and heads buried in the sand.

I will leave you all with the following.

1. There will never be a wall built along our borders.

2. The 15 million illegals will never be deported. That is marijuana induced thinking.

3. The racist trash spewing in this blog and from the mouths of bigoted, terrified white people across our great land has turned off the legal Hispanic community, many of which voted Republican last election. Most recent polls show 59% now wanting to vote for Hillary -thanks to your racist comments.

4. There is no turning back. Our country is changing. You can whine and vent and cry and wring your hands all you want in this forum. Things are not going to change back to (hit it Barbra - The way we were....).

5. Es mejor que todos ustedes vayan a la escuela para aprender espanol bien...yo ya lo hice y ahora gano mucho mas dinero. Tiene sentido, no creen? Que les parece?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 04:49 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
You Don't Speak for Me (http://www.dontspeakforme.org/ - broken link)

Old 07-07-2007, 05:10 PM

540 posts, read 1,105,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
That is a value- add post.

This is what you get emjbulls. Anyway, I am done here in this forum. You try to present actual research and discussion from respected think tank directors and this is what you get in response. A bunch of malarkey and heads buried in the sand.

I will leave you all with the following.

1. There will never be a wall built along our borders.

2. The 15 million illegals will never be deported. That is marijuana induced thinking.

3. The racist trash spewing in this blog and from the mouths of bigoted, terrified white people across our great land has turned off the legal Hispanic community, many of which voted Republican last election. Most recent polls show 59% now wanting to vote for Hillary -thanks to your racist comments.

4. There is no turning back. Our country is changing. You can whine and vent and cry and wring your hands all you want in this forum. Things are not going to change back to (hit it Barbra - The way we were....).

5. Es mejor que todos ustedes vayan a la escuela para aprender espanol bien...yo ya lo hice y ahora gano mucho mas dinero. Tiene sentido, no creen? Que les parece?
You went to school to learn Spanish to make more money? Am I translating this correctly?
You are wrong. Americans are waking up to the numbers problem and we will not let it happen!

Originally Posted by bily4
There have been many studies done that show Americans do not want to wash dishes, make clothes in factories, clean hotel rooms.
You are also wrong here. My mother was in the garment union, and my sister works for hotels. Any more falacy?

Old 07-08-2007, 08:30 AM

1,787 posts, read 3,346,735 times
Quote:
How many Americans have been victims of murder and assault and rapes committed by Americans since 9/11?
More Americans have died in the United States by illegal aliens than have been killed in the Iraq war.
240000 illegal alien sex offenders in the United States.

Quote:
So legalize them so they can be taxed and contribute to this society, and be able to better track the ones who don't abide by our laws.

Gosh, you anti-immigration people really have no coherent arguments but repeating the same mantras like a broken record.
Illegal aliens are not immigrants.

Quote:
After this evening, I have figured out why you here the same ignorant anti-immigration comments over and over and over again, regurgitated in slightly different ways..it's because those who are not against immigration get tired of banging their heads on the wall. There's no point in trying to make any points contrary to what the blowhards here spout because there is just no arguing with stupid.
Ignoring the facts is not going to make the problem go away. Do some research and come back better prepared to defend your posistion against the facts so we can quit repeating ourselves. "there is just no arguing with stupid" I couldn't agree more.

Quote:
if you lived in an area that was so overrun with poverty, and you couldn't feed your children, and you lived in an a place with no social safety nets, what lengths would you go to to ensure that your family could eat? Would you be willing to work long hours, doing dirty jobs, making very little money and being dehumanized by people just to make a better life for your family?
Well let's see. I think the first thing I would do is break the law! Yes, I would break into a home and steal all I need then expect them to welcome me! ( I hope you do know that was dripping in sarcasm.)

Quote:
I didn't know that all illegals were criminals
Now you do.

Quote:
Any tough guys in this forum ready to volunteer to work the fields, the meatpacking plants, the clothing factories, the menial labor work they are doing
A gal I know from another forum told me her neighbor pays $38 bucks an hour to pick lettuce in California! If I didn't have to live in CA to do it you bet I would be picking lettuce!
Quote:
And show me the sources you have for these crime statistics.
Do it yourself. The links are easy to find. Google.com. Thousands of them, look for the ones that end in .gov

Quote:
So..in my town now there's so much white trash popping out kid after kid that they can't afford that we have a special city income tax that we have to do every year because of all the social service money they need. Our schools are overcrowded because people in Appalachia have apparently never heard of birth control. You may have your bee in a bonnet over illegals, but I can't stand people who are born with all the advantages of being an American and do jack squat with their lives.
I know exactly what you mean and I couldn't agree more! But that does not mean that I am willing to allow illegal aliens to add to the problem.

Quote:
Beautiful concentration camp imagery.
It's working very well in AZ. I love the concept and would welcome it here in KS, but of course the bleeding hearts would whine about abuse when it got cold.

Quote:
And on a side note, You know, there are some good things about illegal immigration. It frees up American citizens to learn and pursue higher skilled jobs.
Are you serious????

Old 07-08-2007, 01:01 PM

196 posts, read 691,220 times
Why leglalize people who broke the law? This is an issue of protecting our laws. Just listen to Lou Dobbs.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:34 PM

159 posts, read 727,086 times
Well, the bottom line is our government is not protecting our sovereignty for
which our fore fathers fought and died for... that's a disgrace and our goverment officials from the President on down are traitors. We have our men and women fighting in Iraq and we're not even securing our own borders..
... how dumb is that?. No one should be here illegally... if they come here pay
taxes, try and learn english, obey the laws and become citizens great... or at least have a green card fine, if not they
do not belong here just like If I went to their country illegally I would not belong there and should be arrested
and deported and I'm SURE I would be. George W has a dream of the North American Union where we'll have no
borders with Mexico and Canada but the thing is ..... we didn't vote on that, he's not asking us if we want it...
he's just stealthly making it happen one day at a time and one day we'll wake up and our sovereignty will be
gone. That will be a sad day. All in the name of corporate greed.

Old 07-12-2007, 08:07 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,894,180 times
The feeling of terror in an individual(s) can be a good thing, hopefully a wake up call for us as legal citizens in this country. When there is mass invasion of one's country, that feeling of terror can ignite a country to action. Yes, I AM bigoted toward illegal criminals changing the landscape of this country. So be it. And we DO need to stop whining about it and DO something to stop it. Those of you who advocate criminal behavior, take your Spanish quips, get out, go down South and see how long you last there spouting your "opinions" to a horrific corrupt government. But be very careful, the high liklihood of spouting one's opinons there is to rot in one of their special mexican jail cells for wayward and chatty US citizens ....

Last edited by lilypad; 07-12-2007 at 08:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or