U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2007, 05:33 PM

3,812 posts, read 7,285,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emjbulls View Post
Where is your outrage over things that American citizens do? Answer the question.
Your argument, if you can it that, doesn't make any sense. Are we supposed to let illegals commit crimes and say nothing? What does the fact that there are Americans who commit crimes have anything to do with illegals who commit crimes? It's just some poor illegals who did a little raping and murdering. Leave them alone. Give me a %$%^ break. You don't make sense. What you post are usually irrelevant to the subject people are discussing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 08:16 AM
Yac

5,884 posts, read 6,321,322 times
Guys, calm down please.
Yac.

Old 07-09-2007, 12:23 PM

431 posts, read 1,525,694 times
I love how it's called irrelevant if every post on this board isn't the point of view of the anti-immigration folks.

I shall spell out the point for you, my dear. If you were to get rid of every illegal, there would still be crime. But you choose this one thing to zero in on without tackling other major issues of this country because you are brain washed by the media who tells you this is your number one enemy. I haven't seen one anti-immigration rant yet on this board that wasn't a regurgitated idea from a tv "news" program.

Old 07-09-2007, 05:03 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,712,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjbulls View Post
I love how it's called irrelevant if every post on this board isn't the point of view of the anti-immigration folks.

I shall spell out the point for you, my dear. If you were to get rid of every illegal, there would still be crime. But you choose this one thing to zero in on without tackling other major issues of this country because you are brain washed by the media who tells you this is your number one enemy. I haven't seen one anti-immigration rant yet on this board that wasn't a regurgitated idea from a tv "news" program.
Just as the vast majority of the "oh these poor people are only here to do the jobs Americans won't" treatise is the same stale and enervated hyperbole of the open borders crowd? You've not made one argument that I can't find in triplicate on the Indymedia page.

If one were to actually watch or read the news, one would find that it is most definitely slanted in favor of illegal immigration and in fact, the one supposed "conservative" news station, FOX News is no more than a Bushie hand puppet.

So, for the most part, the mainstream media is not feeding pro-LEGAL immigration folks their lines. I don't know what news shows you've been watching, but here in L.A., they daren't breathe a bad word against Mayor Villareconquista's chosen people.

Gee, guess that means we'uns might actually have to do the legwork in order to come to our own conclusions....gawrsh.

Old 07-09-2007, 07:13 PM

431 posts, read 1,525,694 times
I have no clue what the Indymedia page is. Must be something special people from California and their college teacher husband's read.

Old 03-25-2010, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 812 times
The USA taxpayers are paying for the police, courts and prison systems for our criminals not the entire worlds criminals. Our prison systems are being filled up with criminals from other countries and therefore our USA criminals are not where they should be due to no money nor room in the prisons. If we simply had our criminals especially the sex offenders in our jails our country could be and should be alot safer right now. Our women and children are being hurt by illegal immigrants that is a fact that none of us can deny.

I would prefer to live in country that does stand up and protect it's women and children first and foremost. There are over 1 million rapes done to USA women now by illegal immigrants, never mind the crimes done to our children. It is time to do something about these issues, it is long overdue.

Our womens lives are important. The loss to our families and our nation as they try to heal in some way if ever is huge. Perhaps sexual assault/rape to someone that has not gone through it does not seem so horrendous but it is horrendous for those who are victims. Our media and our govt seems to downplay it or even cover it up, the amounts, the ordeal victims must go through. Each and every time one of these crimes happen there is a huge chance of suicide, disability, costing more and more to us all. Yes the USA has enough criminals of our own and we do not need anyone elses criminals coming in and adding to the amounts of crime.

This subject is not about discrimination towards illegal immigrants it is about our nation, our women, our children, our safety, our prison system, our needs in order to live safer lives. This issue is not to be used as a competitive one about who is doing what to whom and where from. Please think about what we are not offering victims of crime in aids as most victims are just shuffled through and basically end up without what they do need. For some reason people just think victims are cared for properly in our nation, it is not true at all. The only thing that is even being offered is free rape counseling if you can get to a place that offers that. If you have medical bills or lost work you may be reimbursed for certain costs, some states have stolen that money to use on others issues we have found out leaving victims without totally and the bearers of all of the losses in many instances. The reimbursements for losses have stipulations attached to them that you must have followed or the victims are out of luck on that issue too. This health care bill will help many women but as a woman I do not want to plan on spending my life in the medical arena due to crimes. I have done this as a crime victim myself and have tons of bills sitting right here unpaid by those who committed the crimes, asked for help from our govt, state and they all want to look the other way and still do. The criminals are walking free to hurt others as they simply do not want to get into foreign issues to deal with any of it. My life has gone from a wonderful place to the most horrid type of life, the dreams of a business are gone now totally on top of that.

When our nation can take care of those who have been hurt by USA criminals we can move onto the ones that do not belong here. At this time there is no help for victims of crime basically. I did not even have my rights told to me never mind anything else. We all have to wake up and realize that we are not providing justices for these crimes in any sensible way now, it is just not happening they are walking free leaving paths of victims over and over again. There is no standard on healing from crimes, they stay with you forever inside even if the outside of you looks in one piece the inside is fragmented into pieces. A person can try to heal of course yet there are no guarantees that they will ever. If you lived one day in a victims shoes you would know what is being stated by myself to you. Victims do not want to take drugs to heal why should they have to? Why isn't our country spending more time on those who are harmed and their needs? If we had less crime and or criminals in our nation no matter where they came from we could actually afford to help those children and families that are hurt.

I am going to put it this way, all that is offered to victims is a hospital stay that no-one wants to pay for basically. The police and courts are not truly interested in convictions-there is no space or money. Victims are offered a form of restitution by the states if you follow their rules only and the amount that you can receive is not that much anyhow. Some states are spending those funds for other issues and leave the victims without totally. If you are raped there is free counseling if there is any near you otherwise you must pay even with the healthcare bill in now. You then go home to nothing in help, how is a mother supposed to do all her work when she is the one that was hurt? She cannot do it, those in her family are left without and need her. The work gets backpiled for years and years as victims do need help in their homes. Most men in families have alot to do as it is, never mind doing both persons jobs and caring for the one that is hurt. Drugs are not going to fix a victims life and cost money. Victims do commit suicide alot more then we all hear about. If a woman is hurt and has a family the family simply have lost a huge component in their lives and their lives are changed forever. I used to be happy but now am not. I used to trust but now do not. I used to travel but now do not want to. I used to feel free but am so far away from that now it will never come back. I used to feel safe at my home but now do not. I used to think our govt and states cared more for their own citizens yet now see it is not true. Just about everything I did have or believed in is gone due to some criminals and some illegal immigration practices done by companys for profit. I will never be the same woman I was, ever. I do not see a life coming out in that survival mode thing they say to victims now a days either. People just do not understand how badly crime effects our families. These statements are said by someone who lived through the crimes done, not all victims live. I will not listen to the be thankful at least your alive statements as I do not feel alive, I feel dead inside now. I would say that the only thing truly being offered to victims is the internet and groups on there to discuss how you feel, surely that may help once in awhile but is that what you would expect if you were traumatized and hurt in our country, is that what you would settle for as your healing aid? Please do not over rate counseling for victims to be healed, they are some bad ones out there and to be honest it is not working for victims, they simply want to put women on drugs most of the time anyhow to calm them down. I prefer to speak up like those on here complaining, it does more good. Justices are a major factor in healing, home help is needed, restitutions are totally needed even with health care mandated, protections so that they are not hurt again by the same ones is totally needed. Everything put together is needed and when one component fails the healing just is not going to happen as it could. Our system is failing and we cannot keep going on with anyone that does not belong here adding to the problems.

I ask that people do continue speaking up for our safety issues and do not stop doing so.

Old 03-25-2010, 02:35 PM

4,319 posts, read 7,936,713 times
People should not be immediately deported if they are convicted of a serious violent crime - they need to be sent to prison and forced to work. After a significant amount of prison time, they would be deported.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
US Immigration and Customs Enforcement deported a man to Mexico yesterday who was convicted of sexually assaulting a 3-year-old girl at his family's daycare facility.

This removal is the latest in ICE's four-year initiative, Operation Predator, aimed at those who sexually exploit children. ICE announced June 7 that its Operation Predator arrests had topped 10,000 nationwide. That number includes 246 arrests in Minnesota.

Illegal Alien Deported for Sexually Assaulting 3-Year Old

Old 03-25-2010, 02:41 PM

332 posts, read 551,066 times
Quote:
People should not be immediately deported if they are convicted of a serious violent crime - they need to be sent to prison and forced to work. After a significant amount of prison time, they would be deported.
The illegal immigrant who raped the 3 year old girl, should get the death penalty in my opinion, and not be deported back to Mexico where they do not have the death penalty. In Mexico he would just get a slap on the wrist, and be released from prison after a year or 2 at the most. The justice system in Mexico sucks.

Last edited by Golem1979; 03-25-2010 at 02:56 PM..

Old 03-25-2010, 02:51 PM

Many countries do have prisoner exchange programs where prisoners from other countries can serve the remainders of their sentences in their home countries, and likewise Americans can serve portions of their sentences in the USA.

But Jane, we can't choose which criminals commit which crimes in our country. If there are a lot of foreigners who commit grave crimes, we have to imprison them. Also we take people from foreign countries who commit crimes against Americans abroad and imprison them here, but only in high profile, special cases.

The problem is some countries don't have prisoner exchange treaties with the USA. Also in some countries the prisons are easy to break out of, or corruption or other factors make justice less likely.

You should accept and be comfortable with the fact that the USA will continue to imprison foreigners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane Does View Post
The USA taxpayers are paying for the police, courts and prison systems for our criminals not the entire worlds criminals. Our prison systems are being filled up with criminals from other countries and therefore our USA criminals are not where they should be due to no money nor room in the prisons. If we simply had our criminals especially the sex offenders in our jails our country could be and should be alot safer right now. Our women and children are being hurt by illegal immigrants that is a fact that none of us can deny.

Old 03-26-2010, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golem1979 View Post
The illegal immigrant who raped the 3 year old girl, should get the death penalty in my opinion, and not be deported back to Mexico where they do not have the death penalty. In Mexico he would just get a slap on the wrist, and be released from prison after a year or 2 at the most. The justice system in Mexico sucks.
If he didn't kill the girl, in the USA he will not get the death penalty. The death penalty may only be applied to cases where he killed the girl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or