U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2010, 05:05 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,256 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicman View Post
If he didn't kill the girl, in the USA he will not get the death penalty. The death penalty may only be applied to cases where he killed the girl.
Not true and states vary. In Maryland Joe Roy Metheny was convicted of killing two young women, he has confessed to killing 7. He got the death penalty. In order for one to receive the death penalty in Maryland, it must be due to the commission of certain felonies. (ex: Robbery then shooting the clerk) They had tried to prove he also robbed them, it was disproved and the sentence was overturned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2010, 02:04 PM

4,267 posts, read 7,883,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Not true and states vary. In Maryland Joe Roy Metheny was convicted of killing two young women, he has confessed to killing 7. He got the death penalty. In order for one to receive the death penalty in Maryland, it must be due to the commission of certain felonies. (ex: Robbery then shooting the clerk) They had tried to prove he also robbed them, it was disproved and the sentence was overturned.
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 2008 that the death penalty is an unconstitutional punishment for the rape of a child:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/26/wa...6fc&ei=5087%0A

Old 03-27-2010, 10:21 PM

515 posts, read 605,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Actually forcing out the illegals wouldn't be as difficult as proponents of illegal make it out to be. All you would need is to initiate contact deportations. When a law enforcement official makes contact with an illegal he is gone. In addition we would need RICO type laws to seize their illegal booty. Take their house, car, and bank accounts. Then we could authorize federal bounty hunters. Plus we would need to jail the employers of illegals. Once they see they are not going to be allowed to profit from their criminal activity many will self deport. The important thing to remember is every single illegal is a criminal. If we stay focused we can accomplish anything!

Bravo! Never, never back down from what is right.

The criminals and their supporters are always trying to tug at our hearts with the sob stories...but we're the ones who are made to feel impotent while our Nation is being invaded...surely ours is a bigger, more real sob story.

No one is denying that we have criminals, some very sickening criminals at that, but by this reasoning we should let ourselves be invaded by 20million more criminals?

Damned if I can figure out the logic in that argument!

Old 03-28-2010, 07:26 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemy View Post
Bravo! Never, never back down from what is right.

The criminals and their supporters are always trying to tug at our hearts with the sob stories...but we're the ones who are made to feel impotent while our Nation is being invaded...surely ours is a bigger, more real sob story.

No one is denying that we have criminals, some very sickening criminals at that, but by this reasoning we should let ourselves be invaded by 20million more criminals?

Damned if I can figure out the logic in that argument!

Don't you just love it when the appologists for illegal aliens use those lame arguments? We supposedly have no right to complain about an illegal invasion of our country because afterall we have our own American criminals also. Then they go on to mention people like Timothy McVeigh. And my all time favorite....if you have ever had a speeding ticket then you have no right to complain about the illegal invasion of our country. About that time my head feels like it is going to explode and blood shoots out of my eyes!

Old 03-28-2010, 09:17 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
The U.S. Supreme Court ruled in 2008 that the death penalty is an unconstitutional punishment for the rape of a child:

These disgusting pieces of excrement have more “rights” than their victims. It’s sickening. The other day, my mother told me about a scumbag who raped a 3-month-old baby -- an infant! IMO, there is no reason he should be allowed to live; none whatsoever.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:16 PM

Nobody's denying that child rapists need to be punished severely. However...
1. One needs to give the rapist a "motivation" to encourage him or her to keep the victim alive. If the person is going to be sentenced to death or to get the exact same punishment regardless of whether he or she keeps the child alive, he or she would kill the child anyway. The rape of a child is a horrible act, but at the minimum we want the child to be alive at the end.
2. Prison is not a cakewalk, especially for child sex offenders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
These disgusting pieces of excrement have more “rights” than their victims. It’s sickening. The other day, my mother told me about a scumbag who raped a 3-month-old baby -- an infant! IMO, there is no reason he should be allowed to live; none whatsoever.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:34 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,807,269 times
Quote:
Nobody's denying that child rapists need to be punished severely. However...
1. One needs to give the rapist a "motivation" to encourage him or her to keep the victim alive. If the person is going to be sentenced to death or to get the exact same punishment regardless of whether he or she keeps the child alive, he or she would kill the child anyway. The rape of a child is a horrible act, but at the minimum we want the child to be alive at the end.
2. Prison is not a cakewalk, especially for child sex offenders
The death penalty hasn’t been a deterrent, as evidenced by the large percentage of children being raped and murdered by this garbage. What quality of life does an infant have to look forward to after being savagely raped? Rape alone is enough to kill a baby. As a female, I remember my first time, and it was no walk in the park. I can’t even fathom what a baby must endure.

Increasingly, prisons are isolating these scumbags because they realize they will be assaulted by other prisoners. They should leave them in general population, and let other prisoners gang rape them on a daily basis. No punishment is too severe for these subhuman bast*&ds.

Old 03-28-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:

I think we were in agreement until I read the second part of your answer.

My response was meant in thoughts of one getting death by killing only including all states (you-USA) as you suggested and "cases" of killing a girl. If you were speaking of this ONE case specifically, or one charge of murder, I do not know state by state. Death for rape or even murder singly, I doubt would receive a sentence of death in ALL states was my point, I know it is not in Maryland.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:05 PM

Ah, I see. Some states do not have the death penalty, period. In the cases of the states that do sentence people to death, they cannot sentence someone to death for solely raping a child. A person who raped a child and then killed the child may get the death sentence in states which have the death penalty. AFAIK whether a person gets the death penalty depends on the circumstances and the decision by the judge and/or the jury.

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
I think we were in agreement until I read the second part of your answer.

My response was meant in thoughts of one getting death by killing only including all states (you-USA) as you suggested and "cases" of killing a girl. If you were speaking of this ONE case specifically, or one charge of murder, I do not know state by state. Death for rape or even murder singly, I doubt would receive a sentence of death in ALL states was my point, I know it is not in Maryland.

Old 03-28-2010, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Ah, I see. Some states do not have the death penalty, period. In the cases of the states that do sentence people to death, they cannot sentence someone to death for solely raping a child. A person who raped a child and then killed the child may get the death sentence in states which have the death penalty. AFAIK whether a person gets the death penalty depends on the circumstances and the decision by the judge and/or the jury.
Agreed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or