U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2010, 11:33 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,936,257 times

Advertisements

~DUH~ Now why would a group of judges that lean heavily to the left vote for this?

Lets do this ok? Lets give California to Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2010, 11:35 PM

16,438 posts, read 18,600,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
~DUH~ Now why would a group of judges that lean heavily to the left vote for this?

If you really think about it, how great a loss would that be?...

Old 10-27-2010, 12:01 AM

15,924 posts, read 16,936,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If you really think about it, how great a loss would that be?...
Only loss I can think of is Disneyland.... outside of that CA could sink into the sea with no loss... and just think, we wouldn't have to listen to "Another forest fire in CA" either.

Old 10-27-2010, 12:06 AM

6,611 posts, read 10,992,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Would you support a law that all voters must show a non-expired passport or a birth certificate? Polling stations would have the expertise to detect fraud and photoshops?
hello there, are you a citizen? 'Cos I'm not and even I know that you would have to show that proof when you REGISTER to vote (which is NOT done at the polling station btw). All you have to provide at the polling station is a valid ID that matches up to the voter roll.

There are VERY few states where you can turn up at the polling station and register to vote then vote on the same day (I know MN was one, not sure if they still do).

Old 10-27-2010, 12:10 AM

6,611 posts, read 10,992,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GottaBMe View Post
I'd be okay with that. In this day and age, there must be something that could detect fraud or photoshop fakery. In light of how important an issue this is, I think it would behoove us to have all voters prove citizenship. As it stands, what does keep non-citizens from registering and voting?
Absolutely nothing if they are prepared to LIE and "attest" that they are USC.

There's a thread in this forum sometime in the last few months about an LPR who voted illegally and DHS instructed the electoral officer to remove his name from the voter rolls as it would "impede" his naturalisation application.

Here you go - http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/08/26...zen-dhss-help/

Old 10-27-2010, 12:58 AM

346 posts, read 617,930 times
Quote:

Don't worry, Obama is already on it!

Old 10-27-2010, 01:45 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,380,382 times
Democrat or Republician, Liberal, or Conserative, does this not just blow you away. I am just baffled and amazed at the same time. This is hard for me to swallow. I cannot believe this. I smell fraud at the polling places in Arizona.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:15 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,195,062 times
Quote:

They wouldn't be happy with just California. They want the whole southwest. Maybe the whole country since illegals are in every state now and don't forget the old "we own the entire continent" argument.

Old 10-27-2010, 08:39 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,864,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
So 2 Republican appointees agree that state's cannot impose additional requirements on voters in federal elections. Voters must still present identification but federal law requires that they only "attest to their citizenship under penalty of perjury". The Arizona law violated the 1993 NVRA (National Voter Registration Act). The right suddenly wants activist judges when it suits them? Sometimes, as Mr Bumble put it "the law is a ass" - but it's still the law.
Do you seriously consider “under penalty of perjury” to be a deterrent? Why would people who have no qualms about entering this country illegally, stealing IDs and tax-funded benefits, purchasing fake documents, committing tax evasion, and driving without a license, even give a damn about lying?

If caught, they will simply plead ignorance, and be absolved. Remember, illegals are forced to violate our laws due to our unfair immigration policies. It’s not their fault.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:53 PM

14,078 posts, read 17,119,756 times
Quote:

Judges who lean heavily to the left? Is it surprising to you that all three of the judges who heard this case, and the two who voted affirmatively, were appointed by Republican Presidents? Reagan appointed 2 and G.W. Bush the other.

Are you saying that Reagan and Bush "lean heavily to the left" too?

By the way, in case anyone is really interested in reading the basis of the court's opinion (as opposed to just being outraged), here's all 83 pages of it:

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastor...6/08-17094.pdf
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or