U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 10:02 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,089,772 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
They wouldn't be happy with just California. They want the whole southwest. Maybe the whole country since illegals are in every state now and don't forget the old "we own the entire continent" argument.
You speak of illegal immigrants to this country as they are a homogeneous group? how can you make that assumption?

You can't believe that all illegal alliens to this country speak and think in one "mind"?

Even in a simmular like group doesn't think as a group...right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2010, 12:00 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,158,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
You speak of illegal immigrants to this country as they are a homogeneous group? how can you make that assumption?

You can't believe that all illegal alliens to this country speak and think in one "mind"?

Even in a simmular like group doesn't think as a group...right?
Let me put it this way. Many Mexican Americans and Mexicans here illegally are of that mindset. I didn't mean or imply all of them do.

Old 10-28-2010, 05:38 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,824,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
Judges who lean heavily to the left? Is it surprising to you that all three of the judges who heard this case, and the two who voted affirmatively, were appointed by Republican Presidents? Reagan appointed 2 and G.W. Bush the other.

Are you saying that Reagan and Bush "lean heavily to the left" too?

By the way, in case anyone is really interested in reading the basis of the court's opinion (as opposed to just being outraged), here's all 83 pages of it:

http://www.ca9.uscourts.gov/datastor...6/08-17094.pdf
I understand the premise for the ruling, and still believe everyone should be required to provide proof of citizenship when registering to vote. Every person born in this country should have access to their birth certificate, and exceptions can be made for the elderly born at home.

Due to this asinine law, illegal aliens and other non-citizens can easily influence our elections. Illegals are desperate for amnesty, so they will do whatever is necessary to support politicians who promise them a path to citizenship. After all, they violate our laws on a daily basis, so one more violation means nothing.

Our voter registration is essentially based on the “honor system.” As we all know, there is no honor among thieves and crooks. So yes, I am outraged.

Old 10-28-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I understand the premise for the ruling, and still believe everyone should be required to provide proof of citizenship when registering to vote. Every person born in this country should have access to their birth certificate, and exceptions can be made for the elderly born at home.

Due to this asinine law, illegal aliens and other non-citizens can easily influence our elections. Illegals are desperate for amnesty, so they will do whatever is necessary to support politicians who promise them a path to citizenship. After all, they violate our laws on a daily basis, so one more violation means nothing.

Our voter registration is essentially based on the “honor system.” As we all know, there is no honor among thieves and crooks. So yes, I am outraged.
As am I. Not requiring proof of citizenship or naturalization in our country to vote really infuriates me much like counting illegals in our census does.

Old 10-28-2010, 08:27 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,586,184 times
It is sad that people who shouldn't be voting are voting. A politician could preach and promote that they are going to take care of illegal immigrants and the fact that illegal immigrants can vote will put them into office.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:16 PM

555 posts, read 736,522 times
A Phoenix Latino civil rights activist is now recommending that illegal aliens vote. They can't register in time for the November 2 election, however. Our elected politicians and bureaucrats are so dumb they can't even run an honest election.

Voting law repeal provides voting opportunities for Latinos - Phoenix civil rights | Examiner.com

Old 10-28-2010, 10:25 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,958,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodomonte View Post
A Phoenix Latino civil rights activist is now recommending that illegal aliens vote. They can't register in time for the November 2 election, however. Our elected politicians and bureaucrats are so dumb they can't even run an honest election.

Voting law repeal provides voting opportunities for Latinos - Phoenix civil rights | Examiner.com

This piece of scum leads off the article with this.....

Quote:
The Arizona law that requires proof of citizenship has been overturned. Therefore, all Latinos can vote whether they are documented or undocumented. This is great news for the Latino Civil Rights Movement.
Then after rah rah rah (blah blah blah) ends it with this little disclaimer gem

Quote:
I am not advocating illegal activity since Arizona has now made this legal! Remember, Latinos, the future of this country is ours!
yeah right, whatever - the idiot really thinks it's now LEGAL in Az for ANYONE to vote?

Old 10-29-2010, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
This piece of scum leads off the article with this.....

Then after rah rah rah (blah blah blah) ends it with this little disclaimer gem

yeah right, whatever - the idiot really thinks it's now LEGAL in Az for ANYONE to vote?
The future of this country is "theirs"? I feel like I am going to vomit all over my keyboard.

Old 10-29-2010, 09:05 AM

1,476 posts, read 1,687,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

I think this says it all. Great post!

Old 10-30-2010, 10:37 AM

3,951 posts, read 3,586,184 times
Wow, is that writer PUBLICLY talking about "reclaiming homeland?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or