U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-27-2010, 07:10 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,099,270 times
Reputation: 2199

Advertisements

Does illegal immigration affect our nations strength? or weakens it?

When it comes to:
Security
Language
Heritage
Financial
Culture
Symbolism
Pride
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 10-27-2010, 07:18 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Does illegal immigration affect our nations strength? or weakens it?

When it comes to:
Security
Language
Heritage
Financial
Culture
Symbolism
Pride
Obviously weakens it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2010, 07:24 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,813,362 times
Reputation: 3028
Illegal immigration not only weakens this country, it also makes a mockery of our sovereignty and the rule of law. Nothing is strengthened by illegal immigration, other than Mexico’s revenue, and the bottom line of greedy corporations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2010, 08:31 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Reputation: 22158
Weakens. When you have a foreign people whose allegience is to another country, not to mention their citizenship, yet they pour over here because it's easy to give birth at tax payer expense and then demand food stamps, WIC, Medicaid, free housing, free college for those kids and any they bring in, yet these people refuse to learn even the language of this country, of course it weakens this country.

Also these are the uneducated and impoverished of other countries who aren't improving their own country, and they believe they are above any law that inconveniences them. They don't believe laws apply to them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2010, 09:48 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Does illegal immigration affect our nations strength? or weakens it?

When it comes to:
Security
Language
Heritage
Financial
Culture
Symbolism
Pride

Security- of the major terroist attacks on American soil in the past twenty years, most if not all were commited by legal aliens or American citizen. The 9/11 attackers obtained legal visas to enter the country. The Oklahoma city bomber, Tim McViegh...and Olympic Park bomber, Eric Rudolph were American citizens.
Language- Language like Heritage and Culture has been changing since the country's formation.
Financial-We went off the Gold Standard and Centralized Banking, which of these or Illegal immigration had more to do with changing America's Finances?

the other catagories are "window dressing" and cant be quailfied...How does one measure a country's "pride" as it relates to illegal immigration. Pride is felt on an individual basis for individual reasons...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2010, 10:27 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,099,270 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Security- of the major terroist attacks on American soil in the past twenty years, most if not all were commited by legal aliens or American citizen. The 9/11 attackers obtained legal visas to enter the country. The Oklahoma city bomber, Tim McViegh...and Olympic Park bomber, Eric Rudolph were American citizens.
Language- Language like Heritage and Culture has been changing since the country's formation.
Financial-We went off the Gold Standard and Centralized Banking, which of these or Illegal immigration had more to do with changing America's Finances?

the other catagories are "window dressing" and cant be quailfied...How does one measure a country's "pride" as it relates to illegal immigration. Pride is felt on an individual basis for individual reasons...
You gave wrong comparisons tied to illegal immigration.

Security: Meaning at the border & airports checking expired visa's.

Language: Our language has changed but not to a point where its another language completely from English.

Financial: We pay for illegals & their babies with all the Goodies they get from uncle Sam.

Pride is directly tied to ones allegiance. No servant can serve two masters either he will hate one and serve the other or be loyal to one and despised the other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2010, 10:46 AM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,086,323 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
You gave wrong comparisons tied to illegal immigration.

Security: Meaning at the border & airports checking expired visa's.

Language: Our language has changed but not to a point where its another language completely from English.

Financial: We pay for illegals & their babies with all the Goodies they get from uncle Sam.

Pride is directly tied to ones allegiance. No servant can serve two masters either he will hate one and serve the other or be loyal to one and despised the other.

<p>You may not like my answers, but that doesnt make them "wrong".<p>

<p> The question was was if illegal immimagrants made America by means of each catagory weaker or stronger...You want to hold me to your interpretation of that question. Your "descriptions/definitions" of the problems didnt speak to the question asked. So before you wish to instruct me, follow the instructions yourself.<p>
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2010, 12:03 PM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,099,270 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
<p>You may not like my answers, but that doesnt make them "wrong".<p>

<p> The question was was if illegal immimagrants made America by means of each catagory weaker or stronger...You want to hold me to your interpretation of that question. Your "descriptions/definitions" of the problems didnt speak to the question asked. So before you wish to instruct me, follow the instructions yourself.<p>
There were points miss. Nothing personal about what you wrote
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2010, 02:13 PM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,149,569 times
Reputation: 2130
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Security- of the major terroist attacks on American soil in the past twenty years, most if not all were commited by legal aliens or American citizen. The 9/11 attackers obtained legal visas to enter the country. The Oklahoma city bomber, Tim McViegh...and Olympic Park bomber, Eric Rudolph were American citizens.
Language- Language like Heritage and Culture has been changing since the country's formation.
Financial-We went off the Gold Standard and Centralized Banking, which of these or Illegal immigration had more to do with changing America's Finances?

the other catagories are "window dressing" and cant be quailfied...How does one measure a country's "pride" as it relates to illegal immigration. Pride is felt on an individual basis for individual reasons...
How do you explain the thousands that have snuck through our southern border from known terrorist countries and disappeared into our country then? This is per the FBI Director, Robert Mueller. Are you so naive as to think that terrorists will always enter through legal channels especially with our porous border with Mexico being virtually unsecured?

Our nation's identity, language and culture was still intact with assimilating legal immigrants since its founding. Not so with these illegal aliens mostly from Mexico who don't want to do so. Even though Hispanic citizens know how to speak English it has been my experience that many don't want to speak English out in mainstream America and still cling to Mexico and its citizens to the point of defying our immigration laws. That isn't assimilation. All of a sudden we have to press two for Spanish and are being discriminated against in hiring practices if we don't speak Spanish. This didn't come about naturally it is due directly the the influx of millions of Spanish speaking illegals. We are no longer a melting pot with that going on.

As was pointed out in here groups like the NCLR AND Lulac fought to give illegals mortgages they couldn't afford. I would say that has been a contributing negative to our financial state today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 10-27-2010, 02:54 PM
 
Location: In the desert
2,447 posts, read 1,853,364 times
Reputation: 1061
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
How do you explain the thousands that have snuck through our southern border from known terrorist countries and disappeared into our country then? This is per the FBI Director, Robert Mueller. Are you so naive as to think that terrorists will always enter through legal channels especially with our porous border with Mexico being virtually unsecured?

Our nation's identity, language and culture was still intact with assimilating legal immigrants since its founding. Not so with these illegal aliens mostly from Mexico who don't want to do so. Even though Hispanic citizens know how to speak English it has been my experience that many don't want to speak English out in mainstream America and still cling to Mexico and its citizens to the point of defying our immigration laws. That isn't assimilation. All of a sudden we have to press two for Spanish and are being discriminated against in hiring practices if we don't speak Spanish. This didn't come about naturally it is due directly the the influx of millions of Spanish speaking illegals. We are no longer a melting pot with that going on.

As was pointed out in here groups like the NCLR AND Lulac fought to give illegals mortgages they couldn't afford. I would say that has been a contributing negative to our financial state today.

Chicagonut I have read many of your posts & will admit I do not agree with you many times but, on THIS post I have to agree.
I have been looking for work for months here & I have been asked most of the times if I am bi-lingual. Although I see nothing wrong & in fact I think it is great if one can speak more than one language, I am kinda resenting the fact that I have to in order to get work.
Do some not understand that if Americans are hurting for jobs that we really can't afford any more illegals here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top