U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 04:34 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,784,302 times

Advertisements

How about the pollution from their jalopies? They easily get around emissions testing around here by going to the amigo at the barrio garage who slaps on an inspection sticker without even looking. Millions of these cars are polluting the air, yet most seem more concerned about one person lighting up a cigarette!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2007, 08:00 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,136,339 times
When the "shadow" government finally pushes the NAU through, this I fear will be the new America. Next time AlGore gets up and sheds a tear for the planet I may ***!

Old 07-11-2007, 02:23 PM
JD.

198 posts, read 433,600 times
Great post Kele people need to be reminded of this. If anyone wants the link from the Phoenix newspaper about the particulars of how much it will cost the American taxpaper to clean up the millions of pounds of trash strewn along the border, I'd be more than happy to post it.

Old 07-11-2007, 03:49 PM

4,980 posts, read 5,744,549 times
Quote:
Where are the environmentalists?
Strawman where are you? Oh right here....

Old 07-11-2007, 05:58 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD. View Post
Great post Kele people need to be reminded of this. If anyone wants the link from the Phoenix newspaper about the particulars of how much it will cost the American taxpaper to clean up the millions of pounds of trash strewn along the border, I'd be more than happy to post it.
Good idea J.D. You should post the link.

Old 07-11-2007, 08:39 PM
JD.

198 posts, read 433,600 times
The orginal link from an Arizona newspaper is too old to link, but here is a link to Michelle Malkin's blog entry in which she covered the story.

Link: Michelle Malkin Trashing the border

Old 07-12-2007, 12:57 AM

634 posts, read 2,555,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Where are the environmentalists?
The smart ones are marching with organizations such as SOS and reading websites such as American Patrol. Unfortunately, however, most are probably spending their time smoking pot and complaining about "carbon footprints".

Old 07-12-2007, 07:46 AM

7,139 posts, read 12,894,180 times
It appears that more and more the ultra left's many agendas are at cross purposes! I agree, sadly, when NAU gets going, the pollution from those big dirty diesel trucks will be staggering. To clean up the border trash (no pun intended), litter parties could be formed by the nearby prisons, probably filled to the brim with illegals anyway. What would Al Gore do?

Old 07-13-2007, 10:55 AM

180 posts, read 89,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
What, do you think that what little unspoiled habitat remains in North America needs to look like the side of a road in New Jersey?

Geez....
I think emjbulls is simply pointing out the obvious fact that being a litterbug is not misconduct limited to illegal immigrants.

It's true, American cities are cleaner than Mexican cities; however, it's also true that the United States pollutes more than any other country in the world.

Old 07-13-2007, 12:42 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,689,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanGuy View Post
I think emjbulls is simply pointing out the obvious fact that being a litterbug is not misconduct limited to illegal immigrants.

It's true, American cities are cleaner than Mexican cities; however, it's also true that the United States pollutes more than any other country in the world.
Sorry, China holds that dubious honor.

I am not attempting to point out litterbug behavior. What is going on in our deserts surrounding the border goes way beyond simple litterbug behavior. My question is, where is the Sierra Club? Where is Global Green? Where is Al Gore?

They are all strangely silent on this issue because when it comes down to it, they all have their hands in corporate America's pockets too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or