U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2007, 12:47 PM

9,321 posts, read 16,131,214 times

Advertisements

LMBO. Mr. Green Jeans, AlGore just served one of the most endangered fish species at his daughters wedding. Chilean Sea Bass. Can you believe this clown? Might as well just dished up some Panda and Black Rhino as well. Sorry he makes the Moron list too many times.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2007, 01:25 PM

763 posts, read 1,293,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
LMBO. Mr. Green Jeans, AlGore just served one of the most endangered fish species at his daughters wedding. Chilean Sea Bass. Can you believe this clown? Might as well just dished up some Panda and Black Rhino as well. Sorry he makes the Moron list too many times.
Chilean Sea Bass is not an endangered species. However, it is being caught illegally and overfished in its habitat in Antarctic waters. You should be much more concerned about the pirates doing the poaching. Stop the pirates, grow the fish.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:14 PM

180 posts, read 89,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyappy View Post
Stop the pirates, grow the fish.
And show some evidence to back up your claims.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Just a joke, M.Guy-- This gabacho is only trying to bring a little humor into the situation- George Bush is probably annoyed at me, too...
OK, I didn't get the sarcasm.

But seriously, this littering at the border is terrible, but no more terrible than, say, urban sprawl in the U.S.

Old 07-18-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanGuy View Post
And show some evidence to back up your claims.
You want ME to show evidence? Or MotleyCrew?

Old 07-18-2007, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanGuy View Post
OK, I didn't get the sarcasm.

But seriously, this littering at the border is terrible, but no more terrible than, say, urban sprawl in the U.S.
Urban sprawl. Have I ever had numerous and nightmarish experiences with that in the Seattle, Portland, and Denver areas. And the developers keep winning their battles for more and cheaper deals on resources. And the pollution keeps coming. And so do the people. And for no other reason than to circulate money while a siphon drains the pool to the few.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyappy View Post
You want ME to show evidence? Or MotleyCrew?
MotleyCrew

Old 07-19-2007, 08:36 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,131,214 times
Well after all the Humane Society claims they are endangered so it must be so. But as far as any real evidence, I suppose that is "down the drain". We seem to take any and all species that the Sierra Club and the H.S put on the list as factual so it must be true. Odd, when one member of your club eats one, then it really isnt endangered. I wonder if we could possibly get the Fairy Shrimp or Meadow Foam on Algores list of "not really endangered enough yet" list? I think he is a fraud, a puppet for the DNC and nothing more. I think we need better leadership.

Old 07-19-2007, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Well after all the Humane Society claims they are endangered so it must be so. But as far as any real evidence, I suppose that is "down the drain". We seem to take any and all species that the Sierra Club and the H.S put on the list as factual so it must be true. Odd, when one member of your club eats one, then it really isnt endangered. I wonder if we could possibly get the Fairy Shrimp or Meadow Foam on Algores list of "not really endangered enough yet" list? I think he is a fraud, a puppet for the DNC and nothing more. I think we need better leadership.
Telegraph.co.uk
Al Gore’s fish dinner turns out green
By Catherine Elsworth

(snip)

But the fish enjoyed by the Gores were not endangered or illegally caught.
Rather, the restaurant later confirmed, they had come from one of the world's few well-managed, sustainable populations of toothfish, and caught and documented in compliance with Marine Stewardship Council regulations. The Gores' spokesman, Kalee Kreider, admitted that the fish has been on the menu, but said: "The Gores absolutely agree with this humane society and the rest of the environmental community about illegally caught Chilean sea bass.

"The problem is huge. This is unfortunate, we have been in touch with the society today. The really important thing is that people become more aware of this issue."

Al Gore's fish dinner turns out green - Telegraph

U.S. Department of State

(snip)

Is Chilean sea bass an endangered species?

No. But large, unreported catches from illegal fishing of this valuable fish has made effective management difficult. In 2000, more than 16,000 tons of Chilean sea bass were legally harvested in the Antarctic management area. Estimates vary, but there may be up to twice that amount taken illegally. Some Chilean sea bass fisheries are managed in a responsible manner, but there are some areas where the species has been and continues to be overfished.

(snip)

Chilean Sea Bass Frequently Asked Questions (http://www.state.gov/g/oes/rls/fs/2002/8989.htm - broken link)

(snip)

Pirates in the 21st Century?

Eye patches and skulls and crossbones may be things of the past, but the high-seas remain a largely lawless area akin to the Wild West. Pirate vessels, whose wealthy owners live comfortably in countries like Spain, continue to sail thousands of miles, through some of the most dangerous seas on the planet in search of "White Gold", better known to you and me as Chilean Sea Bass.

(snip)

NET.org >> MARINE >> Chilean Sea Bass (http://www.net.org/marine/csb/ - broken link)

MotleyCrew,

Why not contact your most idolized Neocon Republican and ask her/him to talk to their buds in Spain. You know, the country that’s buying up US highway systems control with 75-YEAR CONTRACTS, brokered by their buds Goldman-Sachs. Why not press your representatives to do something about the poaching of Chilean Sea Bass by Spain. Or is America the only nation that is responsible enough to establish systems for farming and managed fishing, with a legal and certified method of control?

It apparently isn’t enough that immigration is swamping our social and economic structure; we also have to worry about the influx of foreign mega-corporations--encouraged by our government officials and business moguls--that will control our highways, our water systems, and—no doubt coming soon—our food supplies.

Your anti-Gore rhetoric is beyond useless in ANY discussion regarding the well-being of America’s future.

Last edited by happyappy; 07-19-2007 at 12:03 PM..

Old 07-19-2007, 03:35 PM

I’m still waiting for a copy of Al Gore's electric bill…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or