Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2010, 08:03 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,274,071 times

Advertisements

[quote=olecapt;16477420][quote=chicagonut;16477252]

OK I will take you at your word...it is not hate. Then explain exactly what it is. Why you insist that a kid be plucked out of his normal society and thrust into another? I await your demonstration that it is not "hate".

I think a few of us have already shown where this isn't hate. Try re-reading the posts again. In short, illegal aliens kids have no right to be in this country or their parents and our laws say they should be deported. Are our laws "hate" now? Anchor kids as minors should be with their families. It would be cruel for the parents to leave them behind. The parents should not be able to use their anchors as leverage for themselves to stay here.

The origination and application of "bigot" is your doing. If you feel the urge to turn yourself in...go for it. I did not use the term except in reference to your usage.

The cruelty of your position is self evident. If you don't wish to be cruel stop taking it. Even if your cause was just, which I do not believe it is, your proposition is cruel.

Right, no personal attacks in the above? The cruelty is on the part of the parents which you don't want to hold accountable but instead call Americans names for wanting our laws upheld.

Did you or did you not say these exact word below? I copied and pasted them. Still want to deny that you said them or that they weren't a personal attack? I warned you and now you have been reported.

"YOu have no idea what he thinks. You put thoughts in his head to justify your bigotry...your cruelty. He is simply a very bright 16 year old and culturally American. And that apparently drives you wild".

If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

No, if you can't stand to be civil in here and stop the name calling then perhaps you should leave this forum. It is against the rules.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:07 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,503,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Anti fiction. YOu make this stuff up to cover your cruelty.

For most of these chidren english is their first language many can translate for their parents. They watch english TV...not spanish. They are taught in english primarily. They talk to their friends in english. By the time they are in high school they are quite unsuited to a Mexican school enviroment.

More Anti propaganda. They tend to go straight for the US stuff that is fed to them by our system. All out on the fourth of July...Sure they may enjoy Dia del Muerto as well. Why not? I marched in the St Patty's day parade a couple of years in NYC. Do you think that made me a Sinn Fein fan?...Hell I did not know I was Irish until I went to college in NYC...was not an option where I grew up.

You justify your cruelty by pointing out theirs? They obviously believed the move was good for the family and worth the risk. I would think they were correct...particulary if this amnesty eventually comes off.

So make a proposition. Let us put those children up in high quality foster homes. Let us see what that costs.

I don't have any big problems with Mexico. If I lost my wife I would likely live there. It is a nice place. For a mature single guy or even a couple.

However it would be very tough on a high school aged child raised in the US. That is how it is. Not that the Mexicans are bad...just different and running under a different culture. And note some of the kids would adopt and do fine. Particularly the younger and more flexible. But you would be sending many of these kids down the tubes. Particularly a dumb thing to do on the ones we have to take back.
It is not “cruel” to enforce our laws. The parents knew the risks when they chose to enter this country illegally, or overstay visas. The parents are criminals, and there are consequences for criminal behavior. Should we change all of our laws to avoid being "cruel" to the children of criminals? Or, are illegal aliens the exception?

We don’t need to place the children in foster care. They can leave with their parents. As a mother, I know I would never leave my son. But then, I didn’t give birth to him for freebies.

Whether they like it or not, we have absolutely no obligation to allow illegal aliens to remain in this country, and age is irrelevant. They will be fine in Mexico. If not, that’s their problem, not ours.

Mexico is only a “nice place” for singles or couples? That’s a new one. Tell me, is Mexico the only country unfit for children, or do we need to rescue all of the children of illegal aliens?

Old 11-01-2010, 08:11 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,503,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
That's because "hispanics" aren't a real group of people. I've always thought lumping them together was a mistake. For example, do New York Puerto Ricans or Miami Cuban Americans really care about Mexican border issues? Do Mexican American citizens really care about what's happening with the Castro brothers in Cuba/whether the US normalizes relations with Cuba or whether Puerto Rico becomes a state or not? I don't think so.

Plus, just like black and white American citizens will, if millions of poor illegal immigrants are made citizens of this country, Cuban Americans and Puerto Ricans (and Mexican American natives and naturalized citizens) will also be competing with the former illegals for jobs because once they become citizens they will not want to be "doing the jobs Americans won't do" anymore. And as American citizens, they won't have to. I'm sure as people of all origins sit unemployed they are thinking about what millions of new poor citizens competing with them in the job market means.

Your unions see them as potential new dues paying members. The Catholic Church sees them as swelling the ranks of their dwindling parishioners. And the Democrat politicians see them as new Democrat voters. It's all about power and money. It always was. But I don't think it was ever about a single group called "hispanics."
Agreed. I was married to a so-called Hispanic from Argentina. As a white man, he laughs at his “minority” status in this country.

Old 11-01-2010, 10:28 AM

15,756 posts, read 38,077,895 times
[quote=chicagonut;16479775][quote=olecapt;16477420]
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post

I think a few of us have already shown where this isn't hate. Try re-reading the posts again. In short, illegal aliens kids have no right to be in this country or their parents and our laws say they should be deported. Are our laws "hate" now? Anchor kids as minors should be with their families. It would be cruel for the parents to leave them behind. The parents should not be able to use their anchors as leverage for themselves to stay here.
What have you shown? You have no complaint with the children. Three quarters are in violation of no law. To send them to a foreign country is cruel. Face it. The project you are promoting is inherently cruel.

And why do you do it? You say it is not hate...but then why would you not drive for a program that minimizes the cruelty. But you wish your pound of flesh from the parents and if that damages the children, the American children, tough. That is cruel.

And this happened because we allowed these people to become established in the US and have and raise children here. If we had thrown them out, as we should have, after a few months there would be no problem. But we let them stay. And that has led to a problem where cruelty comes into play.

So apparently your compassion for the children is offset by something. If it is not hate of the parents or hispanics in general what is it.

Enforcing the law is simply a cover mechanism. If the law is cruel change it. Then you can enforce the law and not be cruel.

Quote:
Right, no personal attacks in the above? The cruelty is on the part of the parents which you don't want to hold accountable but instead call Americans names for wanting our laws upheld.

Did you or did you not say these exact word below? I copied and pasted them. Still want to deny that you said them or that they weren't a personal attack? I warned you and now you have been reported.
You simply do not understand what a personal attack is. If you come here and suggest locking up all the jews I would call you on it and point out that your thought is cruel and hateful. This one is no different. If you wish to do cruel and hateful things expect to be called on it.

The appropriate defense would be that your proposition is not cruel and hateful...but apparently you can't stomach that one.

Quote:
"YOu have no idea what he thinks. You put thoughts in his head to justify your bigotry...your cruelty. He is simply a very bright 16 year old and culturally American. And that apparently drives you wild".

If you can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen.

No, if you can't stand to be civil in here and stop the name calling then perhaps you should leave this forum. It is against the rules.
If you wish to espouse such a cause expect to be called on it. The thoughts you imputed to the kid were bigoted. That is tough but true.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:11 AM

[quote=olecapt;16481420][quote=chicagonut;16479775][quote=olecapt;16477420]

What have you shown? You have no complaint with the children. Three quarters are in violation of no law. To send them to a foreign country is cruel. Face it. The project you are promoting is inherently cruel.

And why do you do it? You say it is not hate...but then why would you not drive for a program that minimizes the cruelty. But you wish your pound of flesh from the parents and if that damages the children, the American children, tough. That is cruel.

And this happened because we allowed these people to become established in the US and have and raise children here. If we had thrown them out, as we should have, after a few months there would be no problem. But we let them stay. And that has led to a problem where cruelty comes into play.

So apparently your compassion for the children is offset by something. If it is not hate of the parents or hispanics in general what is it.

Enforcing the law is simply a cover mechanism. If the law is cruel change it. Then you can enforce the law and not be cruel.

No, sending them back to their homeland or parent's homeland is not cruel. For more elaboration on the reasons why please read the many posts in here by myself and others addressing this issue. This is about the rule of law not hate. This is about compassion for American citizens, not illegal foreigners. As for the anchor citizens that issue has already been addressed in here also. Our laws are not cruel so they don't need to be changed.

No, "we" did not allow this to happen our government did. "We" citizens are not going allow our laws to be bent just because our government was inept in securing our borders and in collusion with greedy employers. We don't need these people nor their kids. We need the jobs and we are tired of getting taxed to death paying for them. It would be cruel to Americans that weren't born here by virtue of lawbreaking to reward their parents or their illegal kids that are here. We are fed up and it is all going to change. Lawbreakers will not be rewarded with amnesty and they will not use their citizen children as leverage to stay here.

Wanting our laws enforced and putting the best interests of our own citizens not born under unlawful entry or foreingers here illegally is where my compassion lays.

You simply do not understand what a personal attack is. If you come here and suggest locking up all the jews I would call you on it and point out that your thought is cruel and hateful. This one is no different. If you wish to do cruel and hateful things expect to be called on it.

Oh please, what do the Jews have to do with issue? Who is suggesting that the illegals be exterminated? You called us cruel bigots for wanting our immigration laws enforced. That is ridiculous and no comparison to what happened to the Jews. You may "think" we are cruel bigots but in this forum you aren't allowed to express such sentiments towards the other members. I'll let the mods decide if you have broken that rule or not.

The appropriate defense would be that your proposition is not cruel and hateful...but apparently you can't stomach that one.

That has been my defense all along. I can't stomach my own defense of why enforcing our immigration laws is not cruel and hateful? WTH? Why don't you try and present your case without name calliing?

If you wish to espouse such a cause expect to be called on it. The thoughts you imputed to the kid were bigoted. That is tough but true.

Again, there is nothing bigoted about wanting our immigration laws enforced and for these anchor kids to leave with their illegal parents and illegal siblings to keep the family intact in the homeland.

Old 11-01-2010, 11:17 AM

474 posts, read 234,293 times
Legal Immigration is legal with all thier rights respected, Illegal immigration is illegal.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:02 PM

[quote=chicagonut;16481966][quote=olecapt;16481420][quote=chicagonut;16479775]
Quote:

No, sending them back to their homeland or parent's homeland is not cruel. For more elaboration on the reasons why please read the many posts in here by myself and others addressing this issue. This is about the rule of law not hate. This is about compassion for American citizens, not illegal foreigners. As for the anchor citizens that issue has already been addressed in here also. Our laws are not cruel so they don't need to be changed.

No, "we" did not allow this to happen our government did. "We" citizens are not going allow our laws to be bent just because our government was inept in securing our borders and in collusion with greedy employers. We don't need these people nor their kids. We need the jobs and we are tired of getting taxed to death paying for them. It would be cruel to Americans that weren't born here by virtue of lawbreaking to reward their parents or their illegal kids that are here. We are fed up and it is all going to change. Lawbreakers will not be rewarded with amnesty and they will not use their citizen children as leverage to stay here.

Wanting our laws enforced and putting the best interests of our own citizens not born under unlawful entry or foreingers here illegally is where my compassion lays.

Oh please, what do the Jews have to do with issue? Who is suggesting that the illegals be exterminated? You called us cruel bigots for wanting our immigration laws enforced. That is ridiculous and no comparison to what happened to the Jews. You may "think" we are cruel bigots but in this forum you aren't allowed to express such sentiments towards the other members. I'll let the mods decide if you have broken that rule or not.

That has been my defense all along. I can't stomach my own defense of why enforcing our immigration laws is not cruel and hateful? WTH? Why don't you try and present your case without name calliing?

Again, there is nothing bigoted about wanting our immigration laws enforced and for these anchor kids to leave with their illegal parents and illegal siblings to keep the family intact in the homeland.
We have beaten this to death. You are not going to move me and I am not going to move you.

That actually has been my projection for some time. We have this standoff that prevents any solution. It will however lead to an eventual outcome. Someplace in the early 2020s Mexico runs out of the major demographics that fuel the illegal migration. So starting in 15 years or so the problem will begin to solve itself. Be pretty much all gone 20 years later.

So all we got to do is wait 35 years or so.

Old 11-01-2010, 01:46 PM

[quote=olecapt;16483505][quote=chicagonut;16481966][quote=olecapt;16481420]
Quote:

We have beaten this to death. You are not going to move me and I am not going to move you.

That actually has been my projection for some time. We have this standoff that prevents any solution. It will however lead to an eventual outcome. Someplace in the early 2020s Mexico runs out of the major demographics that fuel the illegal migration. So starting in 15 years or so the problem will begin to solve itself. Be pretty much all gone 20 years later.

So all we got to do is wait 35 years or so.
You mean by then the reconquista will be complete? Sounds like you don't have a problem with that.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:01 PM

[quote=chicagonut;16484162][quote=olecapt;16483505][quote=chicagonut;16481966]
Quote:

You mean by then the reconquista will be complete? Sounds like you don't have a problem with that.
One of earmarks of the true believer is the inabiity to stop at the stopping point.

"Reconquista" is another of those talking points made up by the right wing to justify their bigotry toward hispanics. It is a right wing strawman with no reality. Only a true xenophobe could ever take it seriously.

It is amazing how twisted some of your views are.

Old 11-01-2010, 02:26 PM

[quote=olecapt;16484371][quote=chicagonut;16484162][quote=olecapt;16483505]
Quote:

One of earmarks of the true believer is the inabiity to stop at the stopping point.

"Reconquista" is another of those talking points made up by the right wing to justify their bigotry toward hispanics. It is a right wing strawman with no reality. Only a true xenophobe could ever take it seriously.

It is amazing how twisted some of your views are.
I would be glad to post some videos and websites of this reconquista movement but you know it exists. Pretending it doesn't and calling anyone who isn't so stupid, bigots and xenophobes is exactly what those who are relishing the thought of it would do. It is mostly a concept of Chicano nationalists in this country. In otherwords Americans of Mexican ancestry many whom are anchor babies. Unlimited illegal immigraton from Mexico and high birthrates is what they think will help them achieve their goal. Didn't you read all the posts by the reconquistas who have been in this forum the last couple of days and yet you deny reconquista exists?
And it is my views that are twisted?

You know what, I am so done with you and your insults. Find another pigeon to take your frustrations out on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration