Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 01:05 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times

Advertisements

But, illegals only do the jobs Americans won’t do.

Considering the job losses Latinos suffer due to illegal immigration, it’s amazing so many continue to support their illegal brethren.

Quote:
"I think that illegal immigrants do take jobs away from native workers, especially out here in the Bay Area," said the 43-year-old son of Mexican immigrants. "I'm unemployed, but I shouldn't have to be. I'm from the area. I was born here and I can't get a job here."

Latino "immigrants" gained 98,000 construction jobs from 2009 to 2010, but Latinos who were born in the United States lost 133,000 construction jobs in the same period, along with 92,000 jobs in transportation, warehousing, wholesale and retail trade.
For jobless, illegal immigration can be a sore point - San Jose Mercury News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2010, 01:13 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
But, illegals only do the jobs Americans won’t do.

Considering the job losses Latinos suffer due to illegal immigration, it’s amazing so many continue to support their illegal brethren.

For jobless, illegal immigration can be a sore point - San Jose Mercury News
Is this thread about American jobless being "sore" or "self-adressed Latinos" being sore? Whos more sore?

Old 10-29-2010, 01:22 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Is this thread about American jobless being "sore" or "self-adressed Latinos" being sore? Whos more sore?
It is about illegal aliens taking jobs from Americans both Hispanic and non-Hispanic and the negative impact of that. Of course some Hispanics think it is worth it I guess just as long as the reconquista continues.

Old 10-29-2010, 01:30 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,836,588 times
Hmm....so now a latino born here and legal is a "self addressed latino" ? My my.

More twisting in the wind and attempted deflection from the actual topic.

Last edited by Opyelie; 10-29-2010 at 01:44 PM..

Old 10-29-2010, 01:38 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,954,487 times
Blame the capitalist employers who want cheap labor with no obligations or strings attached.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:18 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It is about illegal aliens taking jobs from Americans both Hispanic and non-Hispanic and the negative impact of that. Of course some Hispanics think it is worth it I guess just as long as the reconquista continues.
Is that native-born hispanics or all hispanics[does that include foreign born hispanics]...since you know where all hispanics live, who know who they all are and what they all think.

Since illegal aliens are taking jobs from both Ameircans both hispanic and non-hispanic, why is there a "hispanic" qualifier...Just simply state, ..." I believe illegal aliens are taking jobs from Ameicans."...and leave it at that.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Is that native-born hispanics or all hispanics[does that include foreign born hispanics]...since you know where all hispanics live, who know who they all are and what they all think.

Since illegal aliens are taking jobs from both Ameircans both hispanic and non-hispanic, why is there a "hispanic" qualifier...Just simply state, ..." I believe illegal aliens are taking jobs from Ameicans."...and leave it at that.
Geez! ALL Hispanics that were either born or naturalized here, Is that clear enough for you? This topic is mainly about American Hispanics (see above) who are starting to change their minds about supporting illegal immigration because it is impacting their ability to get and keep gainful employment in this country.

I doubt we will see this on a grand scale though because the Hispanics I have observed outside and in this forum (especially those of Mexican ancestry) defend illegal aliens and want amnesty for them because of an ethnic or ancestoral bond even though it is impacting them negatively also.

Old 10-29-2010, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Blame the capitalist employers who want cheap labor with no obligations or strings attached.
We do and we also blame our government for their part in this but that does not absolve the illegals themselves of their part in this three way guiltness.

Old 10-29-2010, 06:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:
I would bet that non-hispanic Americans are more upset about being unemployed but so-called "hispanics" would be have to admit to being hypocrits if they support unlimited illegal immigration and fret about high unemployment rates. You really can't have it both ways. Uncontrolled immigration is for the purpose of lowering wages and putting lower and middle class Americans out of work.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:04 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
Quote:
Why are you asking me to explain the thread? Either read the article, or move on. Your antics have become tiresome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration