U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 10:58 AM

640 posts, read 1,515,291 times

Advertisements

There are racists on both sides of the issue. But I do agree that it's incredible how much emphasis is focused on the illegal immigrants vs. the American citizen employers that hire them or the city governments who look the other way. I agree that the vitriol is disproportionate. The social pathologies that many illegal immigrants bring with them is ALWAYS discussed, but never the social pathologies ( namely greed, lack of empathy for their fellow unemployed Americans) of the American citizens who employ these people.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:02 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,761,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post
I hate the racists who use the illegal-immigration situation to spew their ignorance. They make the whole secure the border crowd (which includes me) look bad.

I think it's very stupid to keep trying to attack the Latino community with fake numbers and percentages while not saying a thing about the true SOURCE of illegal-immigration. That is the industries who employ them.

It is wrong to vilify people who capitalize on a situation to make their lives better. We've all came from immigrants at some point with that same goal so it's extremely hypocritical. That's why I am against illegal-immigration but I am not against the illegal-immigrants themselves. I am against the source and not the outcome.

Businesses who hire illegals should be SEVERELY punished. Especially in our current situation. We're in a terrible economic time and the government should be forcing these companies to raise wages and improve working conditions so the millions of out of work Americans can instead do all those jobs.

If there's no jobs for illegals then they won't come here. IT'S THAT SIMPLE. And if some of you guys were motivated by the well-being of our nation rather than your ignorant biases then you'd agree.

We need to start hitting these anti-American companies hard. We should buy goods that come from factories that employ Americans. And boycott companies that hire illegals and outsource most of their jobs out of the country. We need to send a message to the business community that this is ridiculous and we need to get OUR PEOPLE back to work.

We need to stop blaming a fraction of the hard-working Latino community for taking advantage of an opportunity and address the source by putting these anti-American companies out of business FOR GOOD.
Some of the racism is probably a reaction to the La Raza (The Race) racists who demand unlimited immigration for their so-called race.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:40 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,824,744 times
Quote:
I hate the racists who use the illegal-immigration situation to spew their ignorance. They make the whole secure the border crowd (which includes me) look bad.

I think it's very stupid to keep trying to attack the Latino community with fake numbers and percentages while not saying a thing about the true SOURCE of illegal-immigration. That is the industries who employ them.

It is wrong to vilify people who capitalize on a situation to make their lives better. We've all came from immigrants at some point with that same goal so it's extremely hypocritical. That's why I am against illegal-immigration but I am not against the illegal-immigrants themselves. I am against the source and not the outcome.

Businesses who hire illegals should be SEVERELY punished. Especially in our current situation. We're in a terrible economic time and the government should be forcing these companies to raise wages and improve working conditions so the millions of out of work Americans can instead do all those jobs.

If there's no jobs for illegals then they won't come here. IT'S THAT SIMPLE. And if some of you guys were motivated by the well-being of our nation rather than your ignorant biases then you'd agree.

We need to start hitting these anti-American companies hard. We should buy goods that come from factories that employ Americans. And boycott companies that hire illegals and outsource most of their jobs out of the country. We need to send a message to the business community that this is ridiculous and we need to get OUR PEOPLE back to work.

We need to stop blaming a fraction of the hard-working Latino community for taking advantage of an opportunity and address the source by putting these anti-American companies out of business FOR GOOD.
Quote:
Did you even read my post. I said "I hate the racists who use the illegal-immigration situation to spew their ignorance." If that's not you then there's no need to get defensive at my post. I WANT illegal-immigration stopped. But I hate the people who's sole motivation is racism. If that's not you then my post was not directed at you. And you had no need to respond.

All I'm saying is there's a smarter way to put a stop to illegal-immigration. And that is attacking the people who make it possible. We can arrest illegal-immigrants every day but they'll just come right back. But if we attack their opportunities and help our out of work Americans in the process then they'll have to look elsewhere to better their lives. And until we do that we will always have a problem with illegal-immigrants. I hate how most people against illegal-immigration leave the employers out of their arguments most of the time. It's just plain stupid. Especially from the politicians. It says to me that they're just blowing smoke up our asses and could care less about putting an end to illegal immigration.
Obviously, your intent is not to elicit meaningful dialogue. Otherwise, you would have conveyed your message without denigrating the members of this forum. Can you cite posts in which WE have attacked the Latino community, propagated faulty statistical data, or expressed hatred for Hispanics? If your comments are not directed at us, why post your rant here? Why not share your diatribe with the admitted racists at Stormfront?

We need our laws enforced, period; which includes punishing employers of illegals. However, employers are not the only complicit party. Illegal aliens, and their peddlers, profiteers, aiders, and abettors are equally culpable.

Old 10-30-2010, 11:49 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,824,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hideandseekforever View Post
There are racists on both sides of the issue. But I do agree that it's incredible how much emphasis is focused on the illegal immigrants vs. the American citizen employers that hire them or the city governments who look the other way. I agree that the vitriol is disproportionate. The social pathologies that many illegal immigrants bring with them is ALWAYS discussed, but never the social pathologies ( namely greed, lack of empathy for their fellow unemployed Americans) of the American citizens who employ these people.
If you peruse the threads on this forum, you will realize our disdain for illegal employers is well-documented. However, employers arenít flaunting their illegal behavior, taunting us, and calling us racists for daring to oppose their lawlessness. Nor are they marching in our streets demanding we embrace their illegality. Illegal aliens have earned every ounce of our vitriol, and then some.

Old 10-30-2010, 05:50 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,158,884 times
Quote:
You're totally wrong. The employers and their greed and what to do about them have been discussed in here at as much length as the illegals themselves. I have seen it in other forums also. I think you just don't want to see it because in reality I think you have a soft spot for the illegals. You say you are opposed to illegal immigraton as many sympathizers also say but then they get beligerent as you have done in here against the other anti-illegals. It is kind of a tell all.

Old 10-30-2010, 06:08 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,958,322 times
I have to say that the vast majority of any posts smacking of racism in this forum have been by the pro illegals side.

Old 10-30-2010, 07:50 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,586,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I have to say that the vast majority of any posts smacking of racism in this forum have been by the pro illegals side.
Yup.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:01 PM

640 posts, read 1,515,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You're totally wrong. The employers and their greed and what to do about them have been discussed in here at as much length as the illegals themselves. I have seen it in other forums also. I think you just don't want to see it because in reality I think you have a soft spot for the illegals. You say you are opposed to illegal immigraton as many sympathizers also say but then they get beligerent as you have done in here against the other anti-illegals. It is kind of a tell all.

Belligerent? No. Being objective? Yes. Illegal immigration has made my life far more miserable personally than it will ever have for you. So I don't see where you have a point. I will concede that there is alot of focus on the politicians who enable illegal immigration on this forum, which is a good start as they are the ones who can truly make any change.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:25 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,387,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Some of the racism is probably a reaction to the La Raza (The Race) racists who demand unlimited immigration for their so-called race.
Undeniably. There's a huge vein of racism among many illegal migrant defenders.

I don't care how poor you are. You're still an adult. You still have no right to ignore American immigration laws. Most illegal migrants are Mexicans. Part of the backlash comes from the fact that the Mexican government refuses to respect American boundaries. Mexican officials openly refuse to educate their peasant class, let alone employ them at decent wages. Instead they encourage the underclass to come here, break multiple laws, never learn English, disdain American society, and spew accusations of racism.

It grows tiresome after a while.

Old 10-31-2010, 05:32 PM

320 posts, read 245,894 times
Quote:
EXACTLY. Pretty much every time the illegal-immigration debate comes up the focus is solely on the illegal immigrants. I come on here and basically say I want the borders secured. But because I didn't do it their way by placing the blame solely on the Central Americans they call me a "illegal-immigrant lover".

It makes me sick whats going on in our country right now. Unemployment is a huge problem. Yet these greedy employers support illegal immigration when they should be paying our unemployed decent wages to do those jobs. Where is the outrage at that? That's all I was saying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or