U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 09:31 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,868,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
The illegals are WAY worse off, then the average American. That's a fact. So so get pissed off at them, like a rabid pitbull that's foaming at the mouth, is utter nonsense!

Americans need to get a clue, and get upset about the factors that have caused them to lose their jobs. It's NOT illegal immigrants, since they do jobs that Americans won't do anyway.
Quote:
In principle, I agree with you. However, I still don't believe that illegals are stealing jobs from Americans. As I mentioned, Americans just won't do the heinous jobs, that illegal immigrants do to survive.
Quote:
True, the illegals choose to come here. But my point was that Americans won't do jobs that the illegals do, so the illegals aren't taking jobs away from Americans.
Foreign interlopers SHOULD be “WAY worse off” than law-abiding citizens. It’s absurd to suggest otherwise. How anyone can believe that illegal aliens should live “better” in this country than citizens and legal residents, is beyond me. Furthermore, regardless of immigration status, a 5th grade education, and 4 babies prior to the age of 20, is not a recipe for success. When will you bleeding hearts stop blaming everyone BUT illegals for their station in life?

Obviously, you believe if you continue to repeat “they only do jobs Americans won’t do” nonsense, it will somehow magically become true. Sorry, but you can post this BS until the cows come home, it will still be a big, fat, LIE.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:44 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,267,788 times
Quote:
The illegals are WAY worse off, then the average American. That's a fact. So so get pissed off at them, like a rabid pitbull that's foaming at the mouth, is utter nonsense!

Americans need to get a clue, and get upset about the factors that have caused them to lose their jobs. It's NOT illegal immigrants, since they do jobs that Americans won't do anyway.
Lady:
Here's a suggestion. Your last post proves to all of us that your the one that needs to be clued in on illegal immigration.
If you haven't been effected by illegal immigration and you'd rather not sound foolish.
It might be best if you go find a debate that your more familiar with.

It's only a friendly suggestion mind you.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:49 AM

2,206 posts, read 2,146,346 times
Quote:
True, the illegals choose to come here. But my point was that Americans won't do jobs that the illegals do, so the illegals aren't taking jobs away from Americans.
Absolute falsehood and ignorance of this topic.

As Benicar stated earlier, which is truth, illegal aliens take jobs---period.

Not every American has a degree, intelligence or even ambition to do a high paying cushy job as you stated earlier. Some, many, NEED hotel, restaurant, house cleaning jobs because that is all they can do. Our American youth rely on fast food, clerk, cashier and waitress positions to help them through college which are highly dominated by illegal aliens. The crop pickers are visa workers, although many farms do hire illegals for low wages (and illegals accept them!) to pad their profits thus keep across board wages low.

If you think illegals are NOT profiting from this racket you are highly mistaken. They are paid under the table, tax free, receive housing, food, medical and schooling all on the American tax payer dollar (I refuse to say for free as I/you are paying for it). Most I've seen, especially in Houston drive nice cars, have nice clothes, nice TV's as well as send money back to their country; with an attitude of entitlement.

Seriously you need to educate yourself on this very important American matter or show proof of your claims. To factualize claims above, just search in here as thousands of links have been provided backing up my and others information.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by getout View Post
Absolute falsehood and ignorance of this topic.

As Benicar stated earlier, which is truth, illegal aliens take jobs---period.

Not every American has a degree, intelligence or even ambition to do a high paying cushy job as you stated earlier. Some, many, NEED hotel, restaurant, house cleaning jobs because that is all they can do. Our American youth rely on fast food, clerk, cashier and waitress positions to help them through college which are highly dominated by illegal aliens. The crop pickers are visa workers, although many farms do hire illegals for low wages (and illegals accept them!) to pad their profits thus keep across board wages low.

If you think illegals are NOT profiting from this racket you are highly mistaken. They are paid under the table, tax free, receive housing, food, medical and schooling all on the American tax payer dollar (I refuse to say for free as I/you are paying for it). Most I've seen, especially in Houston drive nice cars, have nice clothes, nice TV's as well as send money back to their country; with an attitude of entitlement.

Seriously you need to educate yourself on this very important American matter or show proof of your claims. To factualize claims above, just search in here as thousands of links have been provided backing up my and others information.
Exactly!

Old 01-09-2011, 10:37 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,913,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Foreign interlopers SHOULD be “WAY worse off” than law-abiding citizens. It’s absurd to suggest otherwise. How anyone can believe that illegal aliens should live “better” in this country than citizens and legal residents, is beyond me. Furthermore, regardless of immigration status, a 5th grade education, and 4 babies prior to the age of 20, is not a recipe for success. When will you bleeding hearts stop blaming everyone BUT illegals for their station in life?

Obviously, you believe if you continue to repeat “they only do jobs Americans won’t do” nonsense, it will somehow magically become true. Sorry, but you can post this BS until the cows come home, it will still be a big, fat, LIE.
You just don't get it! I was talking about how Americans BLAME immigrants, for 'taking their jobs'. I refuse to believe that Americans are lining-up for jobs at poultry processing plants, maids in offices, in-home maids, or fruit-picking farms. You'd have to provide solid proof, that Americans are willing to do these jobs!

Truth is, when white many Americans aren't blaming illegals for 'taking their jobs', they're blaming minorities because of affirmative action. Even though studies show that it's WHITE WOMEN, who have benefitted most from Affirmative action. NOT minorities.

So many of you posters, just want groups to scapegoat, for your own economic misfortunes, rather than have the sense to blame the REAL culprits. Which are the greedy corporations, who outsource jobs, the rise of the low-wage service industry, the big banks, Wall Street, and the polititians who enable their destructive economic initiatives.

So if you're suffering in this job market, you're directing you rage at the wrong targets, whenever you blan imnmigrants, illegal or legal, and/or Affirmative action.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:51 AM

Quote:
You just don't get it! I was talking about how Americans BLAME immigrants, for 'taking their jobs'. I refuse to believe that Americans are lining-up for jobs at poultry processing plants, maids in offices, in-home maids, or fruit-picking farms. You'd have to provide solid proof, that Americans are willing to do these jobs!

Truth is, when white many Americans aren't blaming illegals for 'taking their jobs', they're blaming minorities because of affirmative action. Even though studies show that it's WHITE WOMEN, who have benefitted most from Affirmative action. NOT minorities.

So many of you posters, just want groups to scapegoat, for your own economic misfortunes, rather than have the sense to blame the REAL culprits. Which are the greedy corporations, who outsource jobs, the rise of the low-wage service industry, the big banks, Wall Street, and the polititians who enable their destructive economic initiatives.

So if you're suffering in this job market, you're directing you rage at the wrong targets, whenever you blan imnmigrants, illegal or legal, and/or Affirmative action.
This is the ILLEGAL Immigration Forum. If you want to discuss “white” Americans and their opinions of Affirmative Action, you’re in the wrong forum. Oh, wait. . . you already started a similar thread in P&OC, if my memory serves me correctly.

Do a quick Google search of the industries dominated by illegal labor, and the percentage working in the ag industry, then, get back with us.

If you think I have lost a job, or would EVER fear losing a job to an illiterate, low-skilled illegal, you are so barking up the wrong tree.

I truly do hate to burst your biased bubble, but I am BLACK.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:24 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,913,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is the ILLEGAL Immigration Forum. If you want to discuss “white” Americans and their opinions of Affirmative Action, you’re in the wrong forum. Oh, wait. . . you already started a similar thread in P&OC, if my memory serves me correctly.

Do a quick Google search of the industries dominated by illegal labor, and the percentage working in the ag industry, then, get back with us.

If you think I have lost a job, or would EVER fear losing a job to an illiterate, low-skilled illegal, you are so barking up the wrong tree.

I truly do hate to burst your biased bubble, but I am BLACK.
If you don't fear losing a job to an illegal, like you said, then you have nothing to worry about.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:28 PM

And Benicar isn't the only anti-illegal immigration poster on this forum that's not WHITE.
So drop the race card.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:32 PM

Quote:
If you don't fear losing a job to an illegal, like you said, then you have nothing to worry about.
If your an American Citizen and have Children or young Grandchildren, you DO have something to worry about.

Old 01-09-2011, 12:57 PM

Quote:
If you think only those competing against cheap labor should be concerned about illegal immigration, you have clearly illustrated your ignorance regarding this issue. By your logic, I suppose white people should not have gotten involved in the issue of slavery, or subsequent injustices perpetrated against blacks. After all, they had nothing to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or