U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2011, 11:51 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artwomyn View Post
What I'm trying to get across to you posters, is that illegal immigrants can't get jobs, where they have to speak english. Which would include construction, and restaurant jobs. And I never said that Americans won't do construction or restaurant jobs!

The contruction industry is down anyhow, due to the bad housing market, and the bad economy in general. I just wonder if people like you will ever blame the economy for your joblessness, instread of illegals!
Quote:
Restaurants are a major employer of undocumented immigrants: The Pew Hispanic Center estimated in 2008 that illegal immigrants make up about 20 percent of chefs and cooks, and about 28 percent of dishwashers.
ICE Cracks Down on Restaurants Employing Illegal Workers | The Washington Independent

Quote:
ďWe always, always hire the undocumented workers,Ē he said. ďItís not just me, itís everybody in the industry. First, they are willing to do the work. Second, they are willing to learn. Third, they are not paid as well. Itís an economic decision. Itís less expensive to hire an undocumented person.Ē

While many restaurants do comply with the law, according to government officials, labor economists say immigrants are highly appealing hires because they tend to be especially loyal, stable and dependable. They are also more likely than United States citizens to work for lower wages without health insurance, sick days or paid vacations and paid breaks.
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/08/di...crackdown.html

Quote:
RENO, Nev. ó Two executives and the corporate owner of 11 northern Nevada McDonald's restaurants pleaded guilty to felony immigration charges and agreed to pay $1 million in fines.

The case stems from the arrests last September of 56 people in Immigrations and Customs Enforcement raids at restaurants in Reno, Sparks and Fernley, and at franchise offices in Reno.
McDonald's Franchisee Fined $1M for Hiring Illegal Aliens - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Quote:
AURORA, Colo. -- At least 122 illegal immigrants are on their way back to Mexico after a group of construction workers were rounded up by agents of Immigration and Customs Enforcement early Wednesday morning as part of a worksite enforcement operation.
122 Illegal Immigrants Arrested At Buckley AFB - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

Quote:
Illegal immigrants make up about 14% of construction workers in the U.S., according to Pew Hispanic Center. Other studies estimate that the percentage of illegal workers in the construction industry is as much as 36%.
Illegal immigrants make up sizable percentage of construction industry - Related Stories - AGC SmartBrief

Quote:
Count one charged Linan with harboring illegal aliens and counts two and three charged him with knowingly employing illegal aliens and a forfeiture to recover profits made from employing illegal aliens respectively. If convicted of all counts, Linan faces a maximum term of imprisonment of 10 years and a fine of $250,000.

"The knowing employment of illegal aliens not only takes jobs from hardworking Americans, it is against the law. All of the illegal aliens working for Rodriguez Construction were arrested by ICE and are in the process of being deported to their home countries," stated U.S. Attorney Alice H. Martin.
Alabaster construction company owner charged with employing illegal aliens

So, you were saying?

Old 01-10-2011, 11:54 AM

1,296 posts, read 1,904,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
That's because you pro-illegals throw the race card at every turn and in particular towards the white race and conservative Republicans.
There you go again, with the 'race-card' excuse. I just point-out how racist it is, to always blame people of color, for the joblessness of whites. And the conservative Repubs, were the ones that ruined our economy, for EVERYBODY. NOT immigrant, illegal or legal, or other people-of-color.

So if you're a jobless white person, you need to take your rage out on those who have ruined the economy, and quit blaming immigrants and Affirmative action programs (which has benefitted WHITE WOMEN more than minorities).

Old 01-10-2011, 12:01 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Quote:
There you go again, with the 'race-card' excuse. I just point-out how racist it is, to always blame people of color, for the joblessness of whites. And the conservative Repubs, were the ones that ruined our economy, for EVERYBODY. NOT immigrant, illegal or legal, or other people-of-color.

So if you're a jobless white person, you need to take your rage out on those who have ruined the economy, and quit blaming immigrants and Affirmative action programs (which has benefitted WHITE WOMEN more than minorities).
I think you just want to argue since you have not once proved your claim. On the other hand, you have been shown proof after proof you are wrong. Here's a visual if you chose not to read the provided links.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ue6wjPu6K8

Old 01-10-2011, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
Wages have DROPPED because of the illegals in many places like construction. Nope: we dont need em here.
You're probably right, about them keeping wages down. But you have to remember, that construction work jobs are not very numerous. If you want a future in the workplace, you might want to get trained for the
service and professional sector jobs, that make-up a large part of our modern economy. Construction, and other blue-collar jobs, have dwindled, and will continue to dwindle in the new economy.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:05 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:

Repeating, that's because it is the pro-illegals who call anyone opposed to illegal immigration a racist! Don't even try to deny it!!!!

No, we don't blame people of color for the joblessness of whites or any other race. Illegal aliens are the ones who are taking jobs from ALL Americans, not just whites. Illegal aliens come in all colors also. So stop with the "people of color" BS! You are the one trying to make this a racial issue with that remark.

This forum is about illegal immigraton not Affirmative Action so please stay on topic. Again, I am not a jobless white person but I do know many Americans of all races who have lost their jobs or can't get one because of illegal aliens.

Last edited by chicagonut; 01-10-2011 at 12:19 PM..

Old 01-10-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:

Both parties are equally complicit in the facilitation of illegal immigration. Iím not sure why youíre trying to paint this as a Republican issue, or why you continue to mention Affirmative Action. Could it be, you have nothing substantive to offer in defense of the indefensible?

Furthermore, this isnít an issue of race. And, we are not discussing immigrants. Please stop the ugly race-baiting. It adds NOTHING to the debate, and it makes YOU look racist.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:16 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
What I give a d*mn about, is looking at the situation from a rational point of view, and not just blindly blaming immigrants, for the problems of joblessness. The kind of jobs that I'm talking about that Americans won't do, are the fruit picking, sweat-shop garmet jobs, poultry processing jobs, and, maid jobs.

With regards to youths, blue collar jobs have been disappearing for decades. And that's because the economy has eliminated many of those jobs, since the 80s. The service industry, contains the majority of the jobs these days. So youths should prepare themselves for service-sector jobs.

Those blue-collar jobs that the immigrants take to survive, are not the jobs of the future. If young people want a leg-up in our economy, the smart thing for them to do, is go to college, and/or get formal training for the professional, service-sector, and technical jobs.
Why did you use the word "immigrants"? Immigrants aren't the subject, illegal aliens are. If employers can't find Americans for those jobs you mentioned (which is a lie accept for possibly fruit pickers) they can hire LEGAL immigrants for those jobs but they don't because illegals work cheaper. Why can't you get that through your head that this is about greediness on the part of the employers rather than not being able to find legal workers for those jobs?

Many of those blue collar jobs can't be outsourced so NO they aren't disappearing. We will always require a large blue collar workforce and many of them use to pay well or they were entry level jobs for Americans. Many Americans like manual labor jobs and aren't cut out for college or a desk job. Are they to move over for illegal aliens to take those jobs instead?

How do you justify in your head the illegal invasion, violation of our immigraton and labor laws, I.D. theft, additional uncontrolled population growth creating overcrowded schools, jails and hospitals, added tax and crime burdens to your fellow Americans (if you are one)? Why no anger directed towards the Mexican government where most of these illegals are coming from?

Old 01-10-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Both parties are equally complicit in the facilitation of illegal immigration. I’m not sure why you’re trying to paint this as a Republican issue, or why you continue to mention Affirmative Action. Could it be, you have nothing substantive to offer in defense of the indefensible?

Furthermore, this isn’t an issue of race. And, we are not discussing immigrants. Please stop the ugly race-baiting. It adds NOTHING to the debate, and it makes YOU look racist.
I wasn't race-baiting, and was only wondering why so many WHITES, are upset with the immigration issue. I haven't seen very many people of color, that are up-in-arms about immigrants. The fact of the matter is, illegal immigrants don't control the economy.

I've heard about immigrants taking construction jobs away from Americans. Whyt are Americans clamboring to be construction workers, when they can train for better jobs? Construction jobs are so few and far between, that it would be wise to train for something else. Americans who are already English-speaking citizens, have the advantage of being able to get training, for higher-paying, service-secto jobs.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:31 PM

2,206 posts, read 2,137,548 times
Quote:
I wasn't race-baiting, and was only wondering why so many WHITES, are upset with the immigration issue. I haven't seen very many people of color, that are up-in-arms about immigrants. The fact of the matter is, illegal immigrants don't control the economy.

I've heard about immigrants taking construction jobs away from Americans. Whyt are Americans clamboring to be construction workers, when they can train for better jobs? Construction jobs are so few and far between, that it would be wise to train for something else. Americans who are already English-speaking citizens, have the advantage of being able to get training, for higher-paying, service-secto jobs.
There again, is so much ignorance on this topic in your posts I ask you to provide links to your spew of the false propaganda you are spreading?

And you most certainly are behaving racist as well as race baiting.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:16 PM

Quote:

The fact that non-white anti-illegals arenít being shown by the MSM does not mean they donít exist. I personally know many blacks and Hispanics who vehemently oppose illegal immigration, but you wonít see them interviewed on MSNBC. The media deliberately focuses on pro-illegal Hispanics and anti-illegal white Tea Party members to further polarize the issue of illegal immigration, and to portray opponents as being right-wing racists. Itís shameful.

The globalists from both parties are the peddlers and profiteers of illegal immigration. They want us to be at each otherís throats, while they continue to profit from cheap, illegal labor. Sadly, their strategy is quite effective, as evidenced by the number of people who actually believe opposition to illegal immigration is motivated by race or ethnicity. Granted, a small group of anti-illegals are hardcore racists, make no mistake. A few have even posted on this forum, but thankfully, they donít last long.

As I said, I am black, and I am not a stupid black person either. Furthermore, I have experienced REAL racism during my lifetime, so I know it when I see it. I would NEVER align myself with racists, or a racist cause, and I am sick and tired of people coming on this forum accusing us of being racists for no other reason than our opposition to lawlessness.

The politicians are simply playing a game of ďgood cop, bad cop.Ē In reality, they are all on the same team. Donít fall for the lies. If you research this issue, you will see that we are all pawns in their elitist game.

You must realize all citizens are not college material, while others have a preference for blue-collar work. In any case, no citizen or legal resident should have to compete with people who are in this country illegally. This is simply wrong, and I will never understand how any citizen can condone this. I am a compassionate person, and I believe we should help others, but not to the detriment of our own. If that makes me a nativist, so be it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or