Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2010, 07:02 PM

320 posts, read 290,379 times

Advertisements

I hate the racists who use the illegal-immigration situation to spew their ignorance. They make the whole secure the border crowd (which includes me) look bad.

I think it's very stupid to keep trying to attack the Latino community with fake numbers and percentages while not saying a thing about the true SOURCE of illegal-immigration. That is the industries who employ them.

It is wrong to vilify people who capitalize on a situation to make their lives better. We've all came from immigrants at some point with that same goal so it's extremely hypocritical. That's why I am against illegal-immigration but I am not against the illegal-immigrants themselves. I am against the source and not the outcome.

Businesses who hire illegals should be SEVERELY punished. Especially in our current situation. We're in a terrible economic time and the government should be forcing these companies to raise wages and improve working conditions so the millions of out of work Americans can instead do all those jobs.

If there's no jobs for illegals then they won't come here. IT'S THAT SIMPLE. And if some of you guys were motivated by the well-being of our nation rather than your ignorant biases then you'd agree.

We need to start hitting these anti-American companies hard. We should buy goods that come from factories that employ Americans. And boycott companies that hire illegals and outsource most of their jobs out of the country. We need to send a message to the business community that this is ridiculous and we need to get OUR PEOPLE back to work.

We need to stop blaming a fraction of the hard-working Latino community for taking advantage of an opportunity and address the source by putting these anti-American companies out of business FOR GOOD.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:11 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post
I hate the racists who use the illegal-immigration situation to spew their ignorance. They make the whole secure the border crowd (which includes me) look bad.

I think it's very stupid to keep trying to attack the Latino community with fake numbers and percentages while not saying a thing about the true SOURCE of illegal-immigration. That is the industries who employ them.

It is wrong to vilify people who capitalize on a situation to make their lives better. We've all came from immigrants at some point with that same goal so it's extremely hypocritical. That's why I am against illegal-immigration but I am not against the illegal-immigrants themselves. I am against the source and not the outcome.

Businesses who hire illegals should be SEVERELY punished. Especially in our current situation. We're in a terrible economic time and the government should be forcing these companies to raise wages and improve working conditions so the millions of out of work Americans can instead do all those jobs.

If there's no jobs for illegals then they won't come here. IT'S THAT SIMPLE. And if some of you guys were motivated by the well-being of our nation rather than your ignorant biases then you'd agree.

We need to start hitting these anti-American companies hard. We should buy goods that come from factories that employ Americans. And boycott companies that hire illegals and outsource most of their jobs out of the country. We need to send a message to the business community that this is ridiculous and we need to get OUR PEOPLE back to work.

We need to stop blaming a fraction of the hard-working Latino community for taking advantage of an opportunity and address the source by putting these anti-American companies out of business FOR GOOD.
Ignorant biases? Is there a full moon tonight? Election meltdown perhaps? Seems like they are coming out of the woodwork now.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Ignorant biases? Is there a full moon tonight? Election meltdown perhaps? Seems like they are coming out of the woodwork now.
So you see nothing wrong with all these employers hiring illegals? Wow.Moderator cut: personal attack

Illegal immigration will always be a problem if greedy businesses are allowed to keep hiring them. That is a fact. But go ahead and keep making yourself look ignorant and nothing will ever get done.

Last edited by Yac; 11-02-2010 at 06:09 AM..

Old 10-29-2010, 07:38 PM

Quote:
So you see nothing wrong with all these employers hiring illegals? Wow. You are a moron my friend.

Illegal immigration will always be a problem if greedy businesses are allowed to keep hiring them. That is a fact. But go ahead and keep making yourself look ignorant and nothing will ever get done.
Look, you do nothing create civil discourse in here calling me an ignorant moron and calling anyone a racist. I am tired of stating my case in here over and over to every new insulter that comes in here with a chip on their shoulder. In short I have blamed all three guilty parties, the employers, our government and the illegals themselves. Americans need to pull out all the stops to stop all three from not respecting our laws. If you want more details as to how I would handle the employers, search for them. And no, no one has the right to take advantage of a situation by breaking the law for financial gain. If that were ok in this country we would be allowing bank robbers and theives to run amok just cause they needed the money for themselves. In the case of illegals they are even committing another felony by stealing I.D.s and using fake documents. I rest my case.

Old 10-29-2010, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Look, you do nothing create civil discourse in here calling me an ignorant moron and calling anyone a racist. I am tired of stating my case in here over and over to every new insulter that comes in here with a chip on their shoulder. In short I have blamed all three guilty parties, the employers, our government and the illegals themselves. Americans need to pull out all the stops to stop all three from not respecting our laws. If you want more details as to how I would handle the employers, search for them. And no, no one has the right to take advantage of a situation by breaking the law for financial gain. If that were ok in this country we would be allowing bank robbers and theives to run amok just cause they needed the money for themselves. In the case of illegals they are even committing another felony by stealing I.D.s and using fake documents. I rest my case.
Did you even read my post. I said "I hate the racists who use the illegal-immigration situation to spew their ignorance." If that's not you then there's no need to get defensive at my post. I WANT illegal-immigration stopped. But I hate the people who's sole motivation is racism. If that's not you then my post was not directed at you. And you had no need to respond.

All I'm saying is there's a smarter way to put a stop to illegal-immigration. And that is attacking the people who make it possible. We can arrest illegal-immigrants every day but they'll just come right back. But if we attack their opportunities and help our out of work Americans in the process then they'll have to look elsewhere to better their lives. And until we do that we will always have a problem with illegal-immigrants. I hate how most people against illegal-immigration leave the employers out of their arguments most of the time. It's just plain stupid. Especially from the politicians. It says to me that they're just blowing smoke up our asses and could care less about putting an end to illegal immigration.

Old 10-29-2010, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Did you even read my post. I said "I hate the racists who use the illegal-immigration situation to spew their ignorance." If that's not you then there's no need to get defensive at my post. I WANT illegal-immigration stopped. But I hate the people who's sole motivation is racism. If that's not you then my post was not directed at you. And you had no need to respond.

All I'm saying is there's a smarter way to put a stop to illegal-immigration. And that is attacking the people who make it possible. We can arrest illegal-immigrants every day but they'll just come right back. But if we attack their opportunities and help our out of work Americans in the process then they'll have to look elsewhere to better their lives. And until we do that we will always have a problem with illegal-immigrants. I hate how most people against illegal-immigration leave the employers out of their arguments most of the time. It's just plain stupid. Especially from the politicians. It says to me that they're just blowing smoke up our asses and could care less about putting an end to illegal immigration.
This is what set me off in your post. Surely you can understand how any of us would feel in here with a statement such as this.

"And if some of you guys were motivated by the well-being of our nation rather than your ignorant biases then you'd agree".

I wouldn't call that being civil when you come in saying "you guys" in this forum. There was another person who came on this forum (a reconquista) hurling all kinds of insults at the white members in here tonight. That is what prompted my remark "is there a full moon tonight"? And for that I get called an ignorant moron by you?

Instead of coming in here assuming that we don't want the employers held accountable why didn't you just ask us where stand on that and what our solutions would be? We have all said over and over in here that we want the employers fined and jailed. We also want e-verify implemented across the board that way they can't get away with it anymore and as you said if the illegals can't get hired that will be one good reason for them not to come. We also have some other solutions to stop the incentives for them to come here. I am not going to get into them over and over everytime someone new comes in here. Search for them and keep a more civil tone in here.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:13 AM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,104 times
I don't think racists make us (the people you call anti-illegal immigration) look like idiots, a racist is a racist, they've got nothing to do with non-racists. There are going to be racists in every group.

I mean, that's really saying a lot and speaking for a whole bunch of people: that racists are making US look like idiots. I don't really feel like an idiot, especially when I know what is going on with illegal immigration and have facts to support what I believe. How can any of us who do that WITHOUT racism look like idiots?

Who cares if we looked like idiots anyway? We got the facts and the right to protest, so we'd just keep doing it while the racists answer to their objectors.

Also, Domination83, no offense but you got a lot to learn about illegal immigration and I hope you have looked intoo the truth to support your statements that make you seem as if you think illegal immigrants do no wrong (as you said you don't have an issue with illegal immigrants themselves). Just to touch on some of the things you said: no, there are not really enough jobs here for all of the illegal immigrants and the people who are here legally. Secondly, the majority of the illegal immigrants who illegally cross the border don't even have a job lined up, so what do they do until they find work? And when they do find work, it isn't permanent and many have to resort to government assistance through other illegal immigrants or legal residents or they lie on their paperwork.

Now as I read this thread further, I see you are calling people morons. Why? If you are going to come here and try to spread your "Love the Illegal Immigrants" message than at least do it with some professionalism and some purpose. Many people feel like you do, but the difference between people like you and those like us (what you call anti-illegal immigration) is that we have the right to ask for laws to be enforced and usually have proof, facts to support why we feel illegal immigration is a serious issue for now and the future. Go march at a rally or something.

Last edited by SoEdible; 10-30-2010 at 09:29 AM..

Old 10-30-2010, 09:22 AM

Quote:

You need to grow up man. How are you going to try to "kick some knowledge" to people, but you are in here calling people "morons" when they didn't even really say anything bad to you? Calm your passions down, maybe? No offense, but this is how a lot of the people who support illegal immigrants come off. You guys have no facts to support what you are saying and you do a lot of pleading for the understanding of why illegal immigrants do what they do. Yes, employers are to be blamed. We know that and maybe you don't know that many of these "anti illegal immigration" people normally feel the sameway.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:24 AM

Quote:

Wrong. First of all, anyone here can respond to what you posted. Secondly, they are more likely to reply if what you are saying has little meaning or point. Thirdly, you lost credit when you called a poster here a moron. You can't try to go back-and-forth between being rude, disrespectful, calling people morons and trying to "teach" us something.

Also, even if you stopped ALL employers from hiring undocumented workers, there would still be illegal immigrants crossing the border. I mean, how would they know that it will be impossible for them to not get a job until they get here? So, there are more issues to this than on the employer front.

Old 10-30-2010, 09:29 AM

7,812 posts, read 6,389,895 times
Sure some people are racists, but at least they're not breaking the law like illegals are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration