Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 09:42 PM

4,413 posts, read 5,144,454 times

Advertisements

I've been involved in the movement to eradicate illegal immigration and to set legal immigration to a more manageable level and more equitable geographic quotas for quite a time now. I've seen really nothing happen in the approx. 11 years of my involvement. I do see some promosing advances, but I am not holding my breath. The only really, really big advancement that has a chance is the ending of birthright citizenship through the Supreme Court. I have also started looking to see who really holds the power in this quagmire, considering the pro-enforcement side has an obviously larger enrollment and still seems to be fruitless in progress. Sure there are the pro-illegals on the other side, but the population of their more active members are much smaller than we are. It's not like abortion, where both sides are comparable in numbers and equal in passion. So why would it be that nothing ever happens with serious immigration enforcement when the "WE" clearly have the larger numbers and clearly are more passionate on the issue? This is what I have found.

1. Corporations are clearly the most powerful cartel involved and have three distinct approaches to achieve their goals.
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce which has huge and I mean huge political influence
- Direct lobbyists by various specialized interest groups, i.e. (National Restaurant Association)
- Neo-conservative branch of the Republican party

2. Many white male small business owners
- The true modern day slave owners
- No one and I mean no one wants to be involved in perpetrating a mass economic castration of this group, despite their corrupted mind-set.

3. Democratic Party
- The Votes along with Number "1"

4. Hispanic Special Interest Groups who in reality represent
a language and culture rather than "a people" per se. Please
refer again to number "1" when referring to venders who
specialize to this group.

These four paradigms are the authentic culprits here. If anyone can think of a way to appoach these "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" and prevailing over them, please provide....

A way to engage each one of these groups distinctly would be best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2010, 07:33 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
I've been involved in the movement to eradicate illegal immigration and to set legal immigration to a more manageable level and more equitable geographic quotas for quite a time now. I've seen really nothing happen in the approx. 11 years of my involvement. I do see some promosing advances, but I am not holding my breath. The only really, really big advancement that has a chance is the ending of birthright citizenship through the Supreme Court. I have also started looking to see who really holds the power in this quagmire, considering the pro-enforcement side has an obviously larger enrollment and still seems to be fruitless in progress. Sure there are the pro-illegals on the other side, but the population of their more active members are much smaller than we are. It's not like abortion, where both sides are comparable in numbers and equal in passion. So why would it be that nothing ever happens with serious immigration enforcement when the "WE" clearly have the larger numbers and clearly are more passionate on the issue? This is what I have found.

1. Corporations are clearly the most powerful cartel involved and have three distinct approaches to achieve their goals.
- Direct lobbyists by various specialized interest groups, i.e. (National Restaurant Association)

- No one and I mean no one wants to be involved in perpetrating a mass economic castration of this group, despite their corrupted mind-set.

3. Democratic Party

These four paradigms are the authentic culprits here. If anyone can think of a way to appoach these "Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse" and prevailing over them, please provide....

Everything you have said is totally true. However, it is our politicans including our residing president and prior ones who have emboldend the above culprits by not securing our borders and not enforcing our immigration laws fully.

You are totally right about birthright citizenship also but again it will take legislation by the few honest politicans we do have to make it happen and they will run up against much opposition by the corrupt ones and unfortunately they are the majority. The only answer I can come up with is to thow all the bums out of office who are catering to these anti-American crooks and vote in only those who swear to uphold our immigration laws and are willing to change birthright citizenship, implement e-verify in all workplaces and to deny any benefits to illegal aliens whatsoever including education. I know it would take a lot of changing of our laws but with a majority in congress willing to do that it would bring about the results we need.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:34 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,954,487 times
Quote:
The only really, really big advancement that has a chance is the ending of birthright citizenship through the Supreme Court.
I haven't seen any advancement on this front and doubt that it will go anywhere. The answer is legislation - but as you pointed out - big and small business want amnesty and both Republicans and Democrats are in the pocket of business. Get the bums out. Tea party candidates are one approach to get politicians who will vote the 'right way' but although they are anti-illegal they are also curiously pro-business - and business as you pointed out is pro-illegal. Politicians are already well fed at the pro-business lobby trough - and TPs just look like their stooges parroting a pro-business/smaller gov't line. No different than Lenin's 'useful idiots'.

Old 10-31-2010, 09:46 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
I haven't seen any advancement on this front and doubt that it will go anywhere. The answer is legislation - but as you pointed out - big and small business want amnesty and both Republicans and Democrats are in the pocket of business. Get the bums out. Tea party candidates are one approach to get politicians who will vote the 'right way' but although they are anti-illegal they are also curiously pro-business - and business as you pointed out is pro-illegal. Politicians are already well fed at the pro-business lobby trough - and TPs just look like their stooges parroting a pro-business/smaller gov't line. No different than Lenin's 'useful idiots'.
One can be pro-business without advocating corruption within them. It all comes down to our current politicians not upholding our laws and being up for grabs to the highest bidder in the business world or some special interest group. They need to stop this PC nonsense also. They need to do what is best for this country and the majority of the citizens in this country. The liberal judges need to be booted off the bench also.

Don't be surpised after a good House and Senate cleaning to see a big push towards ending birthright citizenship unless at least one parent is a citizen or legal resident of this country. We need to remove those congressmen from office who are a stumbling block to this very much needed change especially since children of illegals were never intended to gain citizenship in that manner by the writer's of the 14th.

Old 10-31-2010, 10:16 PM

Great ideas. The Tea Party is bogus. They have already been infiltrated by the neo-cons and their pro-business stance is a deal breaker.

Some may say that most of the power the people have has dwindled down to the "vote". We used to have power with the corporations by way of unions, but they have all been decimated by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. So my question is, how do we engage the private sector marrionettes. A boycott is useless due to the fact that pretty much all the industries and this country have been monopolized. There is one promosing tool though;.....

Numbersusa.com

Old 11-01-2010, 01:14 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,833,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post

3. Democratic Party

Your list is way incomplete..."nice try" in understanding a very difficult problem.

Old 11-01-2010, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Your list is way incomplete..."nice try" in understanding a very difficult problem.
O.K., what did I ommit then.

This problem may be difficult, but definitely not impossible to understand when you have been involved in it for so many years and see how the different aspects of it change, adapt or stagnate.

And if you think I've forgotten all the countries where these people come from, it is my understanding that we are a sovereign nation. It is also my understanding that many corporations are multi-national.

And as for the poor souls coming here to make a better life, then why are many of them here signing their kids up to $1600 a year karate classes and wear designer mall clothes. There are alot of Americans that are now struggling to make mortgage payments. The economies of Latin America and Asia are growing way faster than ours. Here is what a better life for our family means;
-more bling for my wardrobe
-free healthcare
-free high quality education
-the adventure of "El Norte"
-bigger T.V.
-saving up to buy the version of a McMansion in their countries to retire to

In Mexico for example, most of these people could afford a small home, modest car, average television, decent clothes and this is with just the husband working. They must be buying things, because the richest man in world is in Mexico making money off them. I wonder how much Mr. Slim donates to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce?

Old 11-02-2010, 08:23 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
Quote:
I believe Birthright Citizenship will be rescinded. Due to massive abuse, including birth tourism, something MUST be done. We have no choice.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:16 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,954,487 times
Quote:
I haven't seen any advancement on this front and doubt that it will go anywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I believe Birthright Citizenship will be rescinded. Due to massive abuse, including birth tourism, something MUST be done. We have no choice.
I was referring to the OPs' belief that the Supreme Court could rule against birthright citizenship. It is unlikely such a case would reach the Supreme Court - unless a State enacted legislation denying coverage or rights to an 'anchor baby' - and there is already SC precedent saying that they are citizens. I believe birthright citizenship changes can only be done through federal legislation -and a constitutional amendment.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:31 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,554,889 times
Quote:
I was referring to the OPs' belief that the Supreme Court could rule against birthright citizenship. It is unlikely such a case would reach the Supreme Court - unless a State enacted legislation denying coverage or rights to an 'anchor baby' - and there is already SC precedent saying that they are citizens. I believe birthright citizenship changes can only be done through federal legislation -and a constitutional amendment.
Ending this abuse is imperative. It must be done, by any means necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration