U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-06-2010, 06:47 AM
 
14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Reputation: 2130

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykatt View Post
Knock off all the negative cracks about Californians please. You seem to assume all of us want these criminals in our state. You couldn't be more wrong. Didn't you notice at all that some of us, don't want them here? We're not all fools.
Many Californians don't want illegal aliens in their state. I know, I am one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-06-2010, 09:11 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Many Californians don't want illegal aliens in their state. I know, I am one of them.
Yup.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2010, 09:24 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
Quote:
Originally Posted by InThemiddleToo View Post
Jeez, stupid Hollywood types, they forget only the rich are taking advantage of this cheap labor.
The rest of US mow our own lawns, Clean and feed ourselves, even fix our own cars. on and on we
don't want em nor need them!

Why don't theY romanticize poor hard working Americans that played by the rules to only be cut in half financially by the govement made new deal economy crash. MEANWHILE ... there's no jobs.

They had better air that one in spanish only. Because the dreammies are the only ones that want hear that crap.
And there is nothing wrong with hiring maids and gardeners IF and ONLY IF you abide by the laws and that includes legal pay and overtime pay and all the rest of the laws that the law-abiding must follow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2010, 09:28 AM
 
47,576 posts, read 58,699,632 times
Reputation: 22158
"It's an invisible network of people we don't pay attention to who see everything," Taylor said. "They take care of our kids, they mow our lawns, they deliver our food, they mop the floors at our offices, they park our cars. They know if we recycle, and they know if we are cheating on our wives."

Just like SLAVES!!!. I bet most of these elitists who believe everyone in the USA can't live without plenty of illegal and illegally paid servants would deep down be in favor of slavery.

They simply cannot get away from that "they work for so little" and "they do the lowly work we won't do" argument. These are the elites who would die before they make their own bed or pick up their own dirty dishes. But they are also greedy elites who want unlimited numbers of ultra cheap servants.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-06-2010, 06:07 PM
 
Location: California
884 posts, read 584,827 times
Reputation: 293
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykatt View Post
Knock off all the negative cracks about Californians please. You seem to assume all of us want these criminals in our state. You couldn't be more wrong. Didn't you notice at all that some of us, don't want them here? We're not all fools.
Thank you funkykatt, I'm glad you made that point. If some of you California haters etc would look at the voting trends one would notice mostly blue in the L.A. counties and blue up in San Fran sicko, (except the Giants !) and pretty much the rest of the state is red Republican. It is sad the vast majority of population resides in those blue sections. And no I don't want them here either, everyday I go to work in the ER, my anger starts all over as I watch our "clinic" open. That is just one of my animosities our Gvt does pandering to the illegals.

Last edited by Iluvmycountry; 11-06-2010 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: add another sentence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-07-2010, 02:28 AM
 
1,150 posts, read 990,803 times
Reputation: 369
<<Many Californians don't want illegal aliens in their state. I know, I am one of them.>>

Same here!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2010, 08:09 PM
 
Location: Tokyo (but will always be) Phoenix, Az
932 posts, read 1,640,420 times
Reputation: 530
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
Thank you funkykatt, I'm glad you made that point. If some of you California haters etc would look at the voting trends one would notice mostly blue in the L.A. counties and blue up in San Fran sicko, (except the Giants !) and pretty much the rest of the state is red Republican. It is sad the vast majority of population resides in those blue sections. And no I don't want them here either, everyday I go to work in the ER, my anger starts all over as I watch our "clinic" open. That is just one of my animosities our Gvt does pandering to the illegals.
I don't like California or LA, but I'd stand by the side of any Californian who is anti-illegal and supports the greater good for our legal American citizens. This FX drama is just pure nonsense. I bet it'll show the American citizens being the criminals and racists and the illegals the victims.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2010, 08:46 PM
 
15,924 posts, read 16,850,438 times
Reputation: 7619
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
"It's an invisible network of people we don't pay attention to who see everything," Taylor said. "They take care of our kids, they mow our lawns, they deliver our food, they mop the floors at our offices, they park our cars. They know if we recycle, and they know if we are cheating on our wives."

Just like SLAVES!!!. I bet most of these elitists who believe everyone in the USA can't live without plenty of illegal and illegally paid servants would deep down be in favor of slavery.

They simply cannot get away from that "they work for so little" and "they do the lowly work we won't do" argument. These are the elites who would die before they make their own bed or pick up their own dirty dishes. But they are also greedy elites who want unlimited numbers of ultra cheap servants.
You find elites in all countries, give it a break. Take a look at Spanish TV, look at how Mexicans exploit poor people from central and south America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-11-2010, 09:24 PM
 
Location: Arizona
555 posts, read 735,672 times
Reputation: 332
They should call this guy the very appropriate, "Shaft."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top