U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 07:49 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times

Advertisements

This is outrageous! Illegal immigration should not be glamorized, or portrayed as being lawful. This is simply more propaganda intended to decriminalize illegal aliens, and garner support for amnesty. If they want a true depiction, they should also portray illegal aliens as thieves, frauds, and parasites; and, include their countless victims.

Quote:
EXCLUSIVE: It is a series that would no doubt spark controversy. FX has put in development the first major U.S. series project centered on an illegal alien character, a drama from Changing Lanes writer Chap Taylor about an illegal Mexican immigrant working as a private investigator.

But "in Los Angeles and in the U.S., people's lives are built on the labor of those immigrants," Taylor said. "Our job is to tell good stories as honestly as we possibly can. If everyone is mad at us, we've done our job."
FX Developing Illegal Immigrant P.I. Drama – Deadline.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2010, 11:09 AM

216 posts, read 198,570 times
Jeez, stupid Hollywood types, they forget only the rich are taking advantage of this cheap labor.
The rest of US mow our own lawns, Clean and feed ourselves, even fix our own cars. on and on we
don't want em nor need them!

Why don't theY romanticize poor hard working Americans that played by the rules to only be cut in half financially by the govement made new deal economy crash. MEANWHILE ... there's no jobs.

They had better air that one in spanish only. Because the dreammies are the only ones that want hear that crap.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:36 PM

3,858 posts, read 5,959,040 times
Fox viewers can't tell the difference between fiction and reality.

Old 11-05-2010, 01:47 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Wonder how exactly an ILLEGAL would be able to get a PI licence in Ca ?

What an IDIOTIC premise for a show - EPIC Fail

Private Investigator Fact Sheet - Bureau of Security and Investigative Services

eta: I guess the main character is not only to be an ILLEGAL alien but an ILLEGAL PI as well ?

Old 11-05-2010, 02:13 PM

1,368 posts, read 1,627,376 times
I can hear it now...."No PI is illegal!".
I don't sympathize with the ones here legally using state issued food cards. I sure as hell am not going to give a flying fig about a show called; "Magnum-P-I-no-speeek-ingish-private-illegal".

Old 11-05-2010, 02:14 PM

3,717 posts, read 4,494,215 times
If you've ever watched any Univision or Telemundo
they have quite a few shows that glamorize the cartel

P.I. shows draw big ratings, the public will decide if it
will fly or not...if it gets that far

I was very fortunate to meet John Candy in the early 80's
he told me send ANY ideas you have to Hollywood as they
need something new...How right he was

Old 11-05-2010, 02:24 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Fox viewers can't tell the difference between fiction and reality.

FX isnít Fox. FX Networks

It wonít last. The sponsors will jump ship due to overwhelming opposition. There are currently 474 comments following the article.

Old 11-05-2010, 02:42 PM

3,858 posts, read 5,959,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
If you've ever watched any Univision or Telemundo
they have quite a few shows that glamorize the cartel
Ever watched the Sopranos?

Old 11-05-2010, 07:37 PM

15,924 posts, read 16,850,438 times
Hey, lighten up everyone.... the author lives in LA, right? California, right? they live in a total different reality than the rest of the US. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Maybe the state this illegal alien PI lives and works in is called Mexifornia, who's governed by Gov Moonbeam, where money grows on trees and the illegal aliens are from Canada.

Old 11-05-2010, 09:08 PM

285 posts, read 446,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Hey, lighten up everyone.... the author lives in LA, right? California, right? they live in a total different reality than the rest of the US. Doesn't surprise me in the least.

Maybe the state this illegal alien PI lives and works in is called Mexifornia, who's governed by Gov Moonbeam, where money grows on trees and the illegal aliens are from Canada.

Knock off all the negative cracks about Californians please. You seem to assume all of us want these criminals in our state. You couldn't be more wrong. Didn't you notice at all that some of us, don't want them here? We're not all fools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or