U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2010, 05:40 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,314,579 times
Reputation: 326

Advertisements

Even if the illegals are responsible for only 1% of the crime, when that 1% rate means you're the victim, or it takes away your spouse, or your children, a friend, or other loved ones, you'll wish it was a 0% rate.

And we, as American's, have every right to insist on a 0% crime rate at the hands of illegal aliens. One way that could be achieved is the deportation of all illegals and to fully secure the border. Obviously that is an ideal goal to strive for, but every effort should be made to attain it, even if we only get part way there.

The alternative, if the Government fails to act, will be for citizens to arm themselves (concealed weapon permits, etc.) and "ask questions later" when confronted by criminal behavior. That may ultimately be the answer (including lots of prayers that you don't actually find yourself in that situation ) if our Government chooses not to protect us from the crimes mentioned in the OP.

 
Old 11-09-2010, 08:44 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,954,111 times
Reputation: 3083
Bottom line - EVERY crime perpetrated by an ILLEGAL alien in this country is a crime that would NOT have happened had said illegal not BEEN here.

It's not rocket science.
 
Old 11-10-2010, 01:31 AM
 
Location: SELA
532 posts, read 876,731 times
Reputation: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, I do my own research.
As far as I can tell, you do little to no research whatsoever. You repeat media stories to emotionally influence observers by cherry picking incidents, hiding the forest to point out a few anomalous trees.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If you are truly interested, you will do yours. Or, you can peruse the threads on this forum.

In other words, until the authorities have documented millions of murders perpetrated by illegal aliens, it isn’t a problem? These murders are inconsequential? Wow. You must definitely have a vested interest in illegal immigration to have such a callous attitude.
By no means; I've constantly maintained that illegal aliens have committed millions of murders in America, a pattern of behavior that began in 1492.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is an assortment of anecdotal incidents. While I understand that it would have enormous value to the emotionally biased, real evidence comes through empirical analysis of large data sets. I'll never understand the hatred that some have of the scientific method.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Are you serious? When you and your family fall prey to illegal immigrant crimes (and not just once or twice), come back and let me know.
That would be an example of a mind influenced by anecdotal sentiments, not econometric research. An example of a weak and easily biased mind, in other words. I've tried to improve my mind so that it is not in that condition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Further, why should anyone need to prove anything to you?
That is the nature of argumentative debate. It typically involves logic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
There are laws in place to protect American citizens from illegal alien criminals. But those laws are not being enforced, for whatever reasons the Government chooses not to. I do believe the article is factual though, and I believe you're wrong to make light of it.
Oh, I believe the article is factual. I also believe that it's an example of the media coverage utilized to influence attitudes with aggressive reporting of anecdotal incidents, even if scientific research contradicts the idea that those incidents are typical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I have not seen anyone even remotely imply that 90% of crimes are committed by illegal aliens. However, every crime committed by an illegal is preventable. We can no longer ignore the carnage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Even if the illegals are responsible for only 1% of the crime, when that 1% rate means you're the victim, or it takes away your spouse, or your children, a friend, or other loved ones, you'll wish it was a 0% rate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Bottom line - EVERY crime perpetrated by an ILLEGAL alien in this country is a crime that would NOT have happened had said illegal not BEEN here.

It's not rocket science.
Every single life saved by Dr. Quinones's specific medical expertise is one life that would not have been saved in his absence, to put the shoe on the other foot and drive the point of the weakness of anecdotal evidence home to you. Every single good deed that some of these individuals might commit would have been one that would have been absent without them. Since these anecdotes cut both ways, the solution is comprehensive cost-benefit analysis, which entails the incorporation of empirical research on immigrant crime rates.
 
Old 11-10-2010, 07:08 AM
 
9,243 posts, read 7,102,360 times
Reputation: 2199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce81 View Post
I do see the points you are making and it is true that if they would not have been here none of this nonsense would have happened. I just dont like when they make it seem that illegals are responsible for 90% of the crime in the US when we all know that is not true.
A crime is committed when they enter the country illegally, which leads to more crime.

Americans have every right to demand deportation & safety from Foriegn invaders
 
Old 11-10-2010, 07:30 AM
 
Location: Cody, WY
9,194 posts, read 10,146,469 times
Reputation: 18299
We have a right to have these invaders declared outlaws, that is, individuals outside the protection of the law. This is a longtime traditional practice to rid an area of an intolerable individual, but there's no reason it couldn't be done for an entire group. The last time I heard of this was in North Carolina in 1968 when a judge declared an escaped murderer to be an outlaw. The liberals, of course, went nuts at the idea that anyone could kill a criminal on sight. We must declare all illegal aliens outlaws so that no American need fear defending himself, his property, or his nation against them. Constitutional rights are for us, not alien invaders. We can only keep them out by letting them know that they court death by invading our country.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outlaw

Last edited by Happy in Wyoming; 11-10-2010 at 08:10 AM.. Reason: typo
 
Old 11-10-2010, 07:31 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,821,083 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
As far as I can tell, you do little to no research whatsoever. You repeat media stories to emotionally influence observers by cherry picking incidents, hiding the forest to point out a few anomalous trees.
Cherry picking? No, I report on actual illegal alien incidents. Sorry if you have an aversion to the truth. Why don’t you post some of the myriad “good” stories involving illegal aliens to counter these “anomalous” incidents? I do recall one in which an illegal saved a boy after an accident. Perhaps you can locate that story on this forum to assuage your discomfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
By no means; I've constantly maintained that illegal aliens have committed millions of murders in America, a pattern of behavior that began in 1492.
What took you so long? Generally, “you stole the land” is the premiere pro-illegal mantra. It’s a broken record, and has absolutely no relevance to the laws of our sovereign nation, and by no means justifies our current invasion. In case you don’t know, we are now living in the year 2010, not 1492. The Natives lost -- deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
This is an assortment of anecdotal incidents. While I understand that it would have enormous value to the emotionally biased, real evidence comes through empirical analysis of large data sets. I'll never understand the hatred that some have of the scientific method.

That would be an example of a mind influenced by anecdotal sentiments, not econometric research. An example of a weak and easily biased mind, in other words. I've tried to improve my mind so that it is not in that condition.
Anecdotal incidents? ACTUAL murders are anecdotal? You are truly grasping at straws. We don’t need an empirical analysis of the illegal alien carnage in this country. Each incident is REAL, and lives have been devastated. Are citizens now expendable? I would venture to say, if illegals were being arbitrarily executed at the border, you wouldn’t need an analysis to be outraged.

Do you think the family and friends of the victims give a damn about data analysis? The fact that you are willing to discount even one murder to support your agenda, speaks volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
Oh, I believe the article is factual. I also believe that it's an example of the media coverage utilized to influence attitudes with aggressive reporting of anecdotal incidents, even if scientific research contradicts the idea that those incidents are typical.
If illegal aliens did not commit rape, murder, vehicular manslaughter, theft, and other sundry crimes, could the media report these incidents? Of course not. Should the media only report crimes committed by citizens and legal residents, and ignore illegal alien criminality? Wouldn’t that be biased reporting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
Every single life saved by Dr. Quinones's specific medical expertise is one life that would not have been saved in his absence, to put the shoe on the other foot and drive the point of the weakness of anecdotal evidence home to you. Every single good deed that some of these individuals might commit would have been one that would have been absent without them. Since these anecdotes cut both ways, the solution is comprehensive cost-benefit analysis, which entails the incorporation of empirical research on immigrant crime rates.
Let’s remain in the world of reality, and not deal with “what ifs.” It only exemplifies your desperation, and adds nothing to the discussion. In reality, we have untold millions of foreigners illegally residing in our country, of which an unknown percentage are violent criminals. No amount of fanciful delusions can change this simple fact.

Our outrage is justified, and we have every right to demand the removal of this scourge from our country. If U.S. citizens were likewise wreaking havoc in Mexico, you would most assuredly sing a different tune. Illegals would be wise to pack their bags and leave. Make no mistake; we will no longer tolerate this insidious invasion.
 
Old 11-10-2010, 10:36 AM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,314,579 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
That would be an example of a mind influenced by anecdotal sentiments, not econometric research. An example of a weak and easily biased mind, in other words. I've tried to improve my mind so that it is not in that condition.
It's actually a sign of wisdom that comes with age. The young refer to it as being a sign of weakness. It's not.

Quote:
That is the nature of argumentative debate. It typically involves logic.
It's really not a debate, unless of course your mind is fully made up and there is nothing that will change it. I'm still open to sound ideas and reasoning. You just haven't given any to persuade me.

Quote:
Oh, I believe the article is factual. I also believe that it's an example of the media coverage utilized to influence attitudes with aggressive reporting of anecdotal incidents, even if scientific research contradicts the idea that those incidents are typical.
If you believe the article is factual (and it is) then do something about it. I'm here advocating for the deportation of all illegal aliens. All illegals (as individuals) have broken our laws and should be deported. It's what our laws call for. We've elected politicians to serve us, the people, and enforce our laws. Not their own agendas.

Quote:
Every single life saved by Dr. Quinones's specific medical expertise is one life that would not have been saved in his absence, to put the shoe on the other foot and drive the point of the weakness of anecdotal evidence home to you. Every single good deed that some of these individuals might commit would have been one that would have been absent without them. Since these anecdotes cut both ways, the solution is comprehensive cost-benefit analysis, which entails the incorporation of empirical research on immigrant crime rates.
First off, man neither creates, gives or saves lives. He has no ability to do so, no matter how much he may fancy himself to think he does. That prerogative rests with a higher being, God. You really need to understand this fact.

Secondly, if laws were broken (such as "jumping the fence"), or if fraud and deceit were used to get into college to attain a medical degree, the Dr. should (IMO) surrender his US medical license and return to Mexico.

This idea of "good deeds" following on the heels of coveting, fraud, deceit and deception to attain the "American dream" is not a noble endeavor. The Lord has given America plenty of excellent physicians to heal the faithless as well as the faithful. We have been blessed with more than our share. He has also given and blessed Mexico with their share of excellent physicians too. They just don't know it, or will invest in it.

However, greed and coveting have lead many of these gifted people (such as this Doctor) to abandon their own homelands and their own people in search of greener pastures, that are in reality only illusions perpetrated by the world media. He say's (in the article) that he is also a professor in Mexico. That is where he should now stay. It's where he will do the most good.

You should not use this particular Doctor as an example of nobility to emulate. There are better ones in Mexico to choose from.
 
Old 11-10-2010, 11:24 AM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
21,050 posts, read 15,248,216 times
Reputation: 11772
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No but the fact remains that if we secured our border and enforced our laws these deaths could have and would have been prevented.
While I agree he should never have been in this country, if the criminal justice system worked as it should, he never would have been out on parole in the first place to commit these crimes. Unfortunately, that systemic failure is not exclusive to crimes committed by illegal immigrants.
 
Old 11-10-2010, 12:59 PM
 
Location: SELA
532 posts, read 876,731 times
Reputation: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy in Wyoming View Post
We have a right to have these invaders declared outlaws, that is, individuals outside the protection of the law. This is a longtime traditional practice to rid an area of an intolerable individual, but there's no reason it couldn't be done for an entire group. The last time I heard of this was in North Carolina in 1968 when a judge declared an escaped murderer to be an outlaw. The liberals, of course, went nuts at the idea that anyone could kill a criminal on sight. We must declare all illegal aliens outlaws so that no American need fear defending himself, his property, or his nation against them. Constitutional rights are for us, not alien invaders. We can only keep them out by letting them know that they court death by invading our country.

Outlaw - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Really? How exactly is an "illegal alien" spotted "on sight"? As I said, this genocidal proposal only finds significant support among white supremacists: Anti-American Illegal Aliens Desecrate Flag, Again - Stormfront

Quote:
This country really needs to seal off the southern border and deport all latinos regardless of their legal status back to third world. Here's my idea to solve the problem, Build something like a Korean DMZ [demilitarized zone] style border with minefield. Border Patrol agents orders, 1. If illegal is caught, dispose of it with gun shot to the back of the head. 2. See some third world scum trying to invade our country, ROE [rules of engagement] is to shoot to kill.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Cherry picking? No, I report on actual illegal alien incidents. Sorry if you have an aversion to the truth. Why don’t you post some of the myriad “good” stories involving illegal aliens to counter these “anomalous” incidents? I do recall one in which an illegal saved a boy after an accident. Perhaps you can locate that story on this forum to assuage your discomfort.
There are none so blind as those who refuse to see. While anecdotal incidents could be cited to support one view or another (and I have cited an anecdotal incident to support my claims simply to demonstrate that fact to you), the only information about the nature of generalities that can be analyzed is derived from large data sets. There have been seven sources posted for you to consider. Where is your refutation? Where is your counter-argument? Where is your citation of superior empirical research? At best, you made an attempt to criticize data collection deficiencies, but could not elaborate on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
What took you so long? Generally, “you stole the land” is the premiere pro-illegal mantra. It’s a broken record, and has absolutely no relevance to the laws of our sovereign nation, and by no means justifies our current invasion.
Actually, it first has an impact on the moral legitimacy of national sovereignty. Since theft is not a morally legitimate means of property acquisition, it is nonsensical to say that it is wrong to “steal” from a thief. On a somewhat related note, there is tremendous irony in white Europeans calling American Indians “illegal aliens.”

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
In case you don’t know, we are now living in the year 2010, not 1492. The Natives lost -- deal with it.
Are you a social Darwinist? If might makes right, and genocide and theft are legitimate mechanisms of property transfer, why are you crying about this murder? The victim “lost” -- deal with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Anecdotal incidents? ACTUAL murders are anecdotal? You are truly grasping at straws. We don’t need an empirical analysis of the illegal alien carnage in this country. Each incident is REAL, and lives have been devastated. Are citizens now expendable?
And each incident of Dr. Quinones saving a life is REAL, and lives have been saved. Are citizens now expendable, that you would include physicians and various aid workers in deportation efforts? Do you now see what an utter failure your attempts to cite anecdotes are? Anecdotes that illustrate the opposite point can be directed right back at you. It’s for that reason that people interested in the scientific method turn to empirical research.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I would venture to say, if illegals were being arbitrarily executed at the border, you wouldn’t need an analysis to be outraged.
I’d expect not. Border “executions” imply deliberate coordination by government personnel, whereas murders committed by individuals are uncoordinated and separate actions, that do not reflect an organized policy decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Do you think the family and friends of the victims give a damn about data analysis? The fact that you are willing to discount even one murder to support your agenda, speaks volumes.
Do you think the family and friends of Dr. Quinones’s patients give a damn about legal status or your usage of the appellations “illegal alien” or “invader”? The fact that you are willing to discount even one life saving to support your agenda, speaks volumes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If illegal aliens did not commit rape, murder, vehicular manslaughter, theft, and other sundry crimes, could the media report these incidents? Of course not. Should the media only report crimes committed by citizens and legal residents, and ignore illegal alien criminality? Wouldn’t that be biased reporting?
No, biased reporting is aggressive over reporting and hosting of pundits that freely assert lies about immigrants causing more crime than native-born people, which is false. Again, where is your refutation of the statistical analyses that have been cited?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Let’s remain in the world of reality, and not deal with “what ifs.” It only exemplifies your desperation, and adds nothing to the discussion. In reality, we have untold millions of foreigners illegally residing in our country, of which an unknown percentage are violent criminals. No amount of fanciful delusions can change this simple fact.
"What ifs"? I cited an anecdotal account, unless you are alleging that it is fraudulent and not a factually accurate story. Again, where is your refutation of the seven sources that flatly contradicted your assertions of immigrant criminality? Where is the rebuttal? Where are these things? Why are you incapable of rational response? Regardless, apart from the fact that the illegal/undocumented persons are less prone to crime because of the disincentive of discovery, I would expect that a number of crimes that are committed by that number are due to the absence of gainful employment that exists as a result of their confinement to the informal labor market created by artificial restraints (i.e. immigration laws).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Our outrage is justified, and we have every right to demand the removal of this scourge from our country. If U.S. citizens were likewise wreaking havoc in Mexico, you would most assuredly sing a different tune..
LOL. Making baseless assertions about my personal attitudes is not a tactic that will get you far. Mexico, like the U.S., is another colonialist entity that I have no use for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Illegals would be wise to pack their bags and leave. Make no mistake; we will no longer tolerate this insidious invasion.
I agree. It has been catastrophic since 1492, and I welcome your efforts to aid in the repatriation of these unwanted squatters and anchor babies back to Europe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
It's actually a sign of wisdom that comes with age. The young refer to it as being a sign of weakness. It's not.
Is this an admission of senility?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
It's really not a debate, unless of course your mind is fully made up and there is nothing that will change it. I'm still open to sound ideas and reasoning. You just haven't given any to persuade me.
On the contrary, you poignantly exhibit the fact that rightists are primarily influenced by emotional reactions, especially fear-based reactions, as opposed to rational analysis of statistical data. There have been seven sources cited in opposition to the false claims made by the OP, several of them peer-reviewed studies in reputable scholarly journals. There has been no refutation of any of them, only your contradictory citation of weak opinion pieces without scholarly bibliographies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
If you believe the article is factual (and it is) then do something about it. I'm here advocating for the deportation of all illegal aliens. All illegals (as individuals) have broken our laws and should be deported. It's what our laws call for. We've elected politicians to serve us, the people, and enforce our laws. Not their own agendas.
Legal fetishism, again. All segregation violations (as individuals) had broken the existing laws and should have been punished. It’s what the laws called for. Or isn’t that right? Wasn’t it right to enforce the law regardless of its moral legitimacy? Or how about the destruction of dissidence in authoritarian countries? It’s usually protected by some kind of law, so doesn’t that make it morally right? After all, IT’S THE LAW, so shouldn’t it continue to occur?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
First off, man neither creates, gives or saves lives. He has no ability to do so, no matter how much he may fancy himself to think he does. That prerogative rests with a higher being, God. You really need to understand this fact.
In that case, there is no need for a specialized medical profession at all. Since God has already pre-ordained who will live and who will die, it is futile for mere humans to believe that they can influence this process in some way. Can I have your HMO card? Also, since God saves lives at will, s/he was apparently complicit in this murder, since the life of the victim was not saved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
Secondly, if laws were broken (such as "jumping the fence"), or if fraud and deceit were used to get into college to attain a medical degree, the Dr. should (IMO) surrender his US medical license and return to Mexico.
Why do you want to kill people? Why do you want people to die? Are you some kind of supporter of murder, that you would will the absence of a skilled physician and surgeon who has aided numerous people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
This idea of "good deeds" following on the heels of coveting, fraud, deceit and deception to attain the "American dream" is not a noble endeavor.
Then certainly you must not be a supporter of the Judeo-Christian-Islamic god, user of a fraudulent, deceitful and deceptive harlot to gain his preferred ethnic group access to territory that belonged to others but that they coveted. Illegal aliens, through and through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
The Lord has given America plenty of excellent physicians to heal the faithless as well as the faithful. We have been blessed with more than our share. He has also given and blessed Mexico with their share of excellent physicians too. They just don't know it, or will invest in it.
The U.S. is characterized by healthcare inferior to that of the UK and especially various countries of continental Europe, particularly the social democracies of Scandinavia, which are themselves characterized by lower rates of religious observance than the U.S. Must be an example of rewarding the faithless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
However, greed and coveting have lead many of these gifted people (such as this Doctor) to abandon their own homelands and their own people in search of greener pastures, that are in reality only illusions perpetrated by the world media. He say's (in the article) that he is also a professor in Mexico. That is where he should now stay. It's where he will do the most good.

You should not use this particular Doctor as an example of nobility to emulate. There are better ones in Mexico to choose from.
LOL. It’s “greed and coveting” when it’s the sort of immigration that you dislike, immigration caused by economic circumstances facilitated by U.S. governmental actions (trade liberalization), but apparently a flight of the persecuted and oppressed when the immigrants are from countries ruled by governments hostile to that of the United States. Or isn’t that right?
 
Old 11-10-2010, 03:03 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,314,579 times
Reputation: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnapostate View Post
Is this an admission of senility?
LOL...no, it's my proclamation concerning the foolishness of youth. I'll let you decide it's outcome.

Quote:
On the contrary, you poignantly exhibit the fact that rightists are primarily influenced by emotional reactions, especially fear-based reactions, as opposed to rational analysis of statistical data. There have been seven sources cited in opposition to the false claims made by the OP, several of them peer-reviewed studies in reputable scholarly journals. There has been no refutation of any of them, only your contradictory citation of weak opinion pieces without scholarly bibliographies.
I'm not sure exactly what a "rightist" is, whatever that term means (although I do feel I'm right about the illegal alien issue..LOL), and I'm also not influenced or persuaded by fear mongers. If you're doing what is right, there is really no reason to fear. Why is it that we hear that illegals are fearful of deportation and Government authorities if they are doing what is right?

The sources you've cited are irrelevant if they don't ultimately lead one to the right conclusions. And that conclusion, concerning illegal aliens, is that they are here illegally and need to return to their place of origin, or be deported. That is the only truth concerning this matter, irrespective of how you spin it, or the "scholarly journals" you've been fed a steady diet on by the socialist's and Marxist's that have gained a stronghold over our Universities. Now, you may not agree or like that truth, but that is the truth.

Quote:
Legal fetishism, again. All segregation violations (as individuals) had broken the existing laws and should have been punished. It’s what the laws called for. Or isn’t that right? Wasn’t it right to enforce the law regardless of its moral legitimacy? Or how about the destruction of dissidence in authoritarian countries? It’s usually protected by some kind of law, so doesn’t that make it morally right? After all, IT’S THE LAW, so shouldn’t it continue to occur?
Yes, I understand your point, but it's to be done legally, through legal means. Not by lawlessness, anarchy, civil war, or by breaking the laws that govern our Nation with impunity.

Quote:
In that case, there is no need for a specialized medical profession at all. Since God has already pre-ordained who will live and who will die, it is futile for mere humans to believe that they can influence this process in some way. Can I have your HMO card? Also, since God saves lives at will, s/he was apparently complicit in this murder, since the life of the victim was not saved.
This is one of the dumbest things you've posted.... What you've described is fatalism. That is a very different concept than biblical predestination that you've alluded to by using the word "pre-ordained". Your confusing the two ideas . I won't go into it here, they'll shut the thread down. We've given you way to much fodder to chew on to let that happen...

And no, you can't have my HMO card. Actually, I don't even know that I have one to give you...LOL Are you saying you have no insurance and are in need of a Doctor? Check your local county health clinic and tell them your last name is Rodriguez and that you're from Mexico. You'll get in and it won't cost you a penny.

Quote:
Why do you want to kill people? Why do you want people to die? Are you some kind of supporter of murder, that you would will the absence of a skilled physician and surgeon who has aided numerous people?
I don't want to kill anyone nor do I support murder. Are you saying that this particular physician (who was a confessed illegal alien) is the only one who can treat an illness in America? America has a higher physician per capita ratio (competently trained MD's that is) than Mexico. He should return to Mexico where he is needed and help his own. That is what I'm saying.

Quote:
Then certainly you must not be a supporter of the Judeo-Christian-Islamic god, user of a fraudulent, deceitful and deceptive harlot to gain his preferred ethnic group access to territory that belonged to others but that they coveted. Illegal aliens, through and through.
I'm not sure what you're getting at here, and I don't think you do either. Everything (the entire earth) is owned by God. Not man. And He gives nations, places and boundaries to all it's inhabitants (Acts 17:26).

Quote:
The U.S. is characterized by healthcare inferior to that of the UK and especially various countries of continental Europe, particularly the social democracies of Scandinavia, which are themselves characterized by lower rates of religious observance than the U.S. Must be an example of rewarding the faithless.
That may be. I'm not an advocate for socialism and universal health care. A person is not "rewarded" for being of faith or not of faith. Grace is given to the faithless as well as those of faith. God is not a racist (respecter of persons) my friend. You should know better than to appeal to such non-sense.

Quote:
LOL. It’s “greed and coveting” when it’s the sort of immigration that you dislike, immigration caused by economic circumstances facilitated by U.S. governmental actions (trade liberalization), but apparently a flight of the persecuted and oppressed when the immigrants are from countries ruled by governments hostile to that of the United States. Or isn’t that right?
No, that's not really right. It's greed and coveting no matter who does it and no matter what the circumstances are under which it is done.

You sound very hostile today...and this post is entirely too long! I'm also tired of posting. Good bye for now!

Last edited by AlabamaStorm; 11-10-2010 at 03:24 PM.. Reason: typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top