U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2007, 12:32 PM

2,327 posts, read 6,094,844 times

Advertisements

The fact that the now-defunct amnesty bill was 900 PAGES LONG and contained stacks of pages intricately detailing such inane and counter-productive concoctions as the "Z-Visa" just shows how inept our Congress is and how they put our tax dollars to waste everytime they sit down for one of their useless and meaningless "strategy sessions".

I mean, think about it. They are paid to "do their jobs" (ha ha) with part of the money I should be paid for doing mine. And they spend their time on the clock coming up with this banal and meaningless drivel. It p's me off to no end!

So instead of relying on a 900-page plume of smoke from our congress (which, as has been said before, is the opposite of "progress"), I decided to write a NEW immigration bill that will cover all our bases and take up less than one page:

1) Any immigrant caught working and living here illegally will be sent back to their home country and denied American citizenship for life. Sorry, you had your chance, and you chose to go at it the wrong way. We choose to save our slots for those who are willing to use the proper channels to get here.

2) Any employer caught employing illegal immigrants will be subject to a $250,000 fine for the first offense, and a permanent revocation of business license for the second offense. This is called de-magnitizing America. Illegals are flooding here because they know they can get jobs; if we take those away, they have no reason to be here and will go home.

3) Border security will be significantly beefed up using money that is now paid to congress for sitting on their hind-quarters and debating 900-pages worth of useless drivel. They are paid A LOT of money to do that, the sum is staggering. From now on we put that money to good use beefing up our borders.

There you have it, a 3-step immigration policy that in one pages, accomplishes more than congress could in 900+. Doesn't it make you sick to think of all the tax dollars that get wasted on spinning wheels?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2007, 01:00 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,718,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post
The fact that the now-defunct amnesty bill was 900 PAGES LONG and contained stacks of pages intricately detailing such inane and counter-productive concoctions as the "Z-Visa" just shows how inept our Congress is and how they put our tax dollars to waste everytime they sit down for one of their useless and meaningless "strategy sessions".

I mean, think about it. They are paid to "do their jobs" (ha ha) with part of the money I should be paid for doing mine. And they spend their time on the clock coming up with this banal and meaningless drivel. It p's me off to no end!

So instead of relying on a 900-page plume of smoke from our congress (which, as has been said before, is the opposite of "progress"), I decided to write a NEW immigration bill that will cover all our bases and take up less than one page:

1) Any immigrant caught working and living here illegally will be sent back to their home country and denied American citizenship for life. Sorry, you had your chance, and you chose to go at it the wrong way. We choose to save our slots for those who are willing to use the proper channels to get here.

2) Any employer caught employing illegal immigrants will be subject to a $250,000 fine for the first offense, and a permanent revocation of business license for the second offense. This is called de-magnitizing America. Illegals are flooding here because they know they can get jobs; if we take those away, they have no reason to be here and will go home.

3) Border security will be significantly beefed up using money that is now paid to congress for sitting on their hind-quarters and debating 900-pages worth of useless drivel. They are paid A LOT of money to do that, the sum is staggering. From now on we put that money to good use beefing up our borders.

There you have it, a 3-step immigration policy that in one pages, accomplishes more than congress could in 900+. Doesn't it make you sick to think of all the tax dollars that get wasted on spinning wheels?
Since our Congress critters don't do their actual jobs but instead spend time getting into mischief (such as concocting this 900 page amnesty bill), they should be put to work building the fence for 10 months out of the year. Hopefully, they will not be able to do too much damage in the two months that they are in Washington. And if they do, we can make them spend the entire year putting up fence posts. As my grandmother used to say, "Idle hands are the devil's playmate".

Old 07-08-2007, 02:20 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,700,585 times
I like your three point plan Pimpy. It's short, sweet, and to the point. It would be highly effective if implemented, so effective in fact that I'm sure that is why the collective brain cell shortage in the Senate was unable to fabricate anything like it.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:20 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,012,526 times
I like the plan. Another thing we need to do is take that Amnesty Proposal they tried to ram down our throats and tear it apart page by page and let the American people know exactly what our President and Senators tried to do to this country.

Old 07-08-2007, 05:37 PM

1,497 posts, read 4,380,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimpy View Post

They can make the bill 10,000 pages for all I care. It is a farce and a Shamnesty, no matter how they spin it.

You know what is even more outrageous about their 900 or 700 or 450 page Immigration bills? In the bill they VOW to build the fence, but they have some ecological BS provision that if any brids or anything get affected by the fence, they won't build it!! They KNOW some bird lives in that area and they know the fence COULD block their mating season or whatever, so they put the fence portion there but also create a roadblock to contructing it.

No wonder Congress' approval rating is SO low.

Old 07-08-2007, 06:04 PM

2,327 posts, read 6,094,844 times
Isn't it amazing that a group of Average Joes and Janes from some random Internet forum can put our heads together and collectively come up with a solution for this problem, while those elected and paid handsomely to run this country spin their wheels for years and we end up in a worse position than where we started? It's depressing, really.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or