U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-09-2010, 02:28 PM
 
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
3,858 posts, read 5,971,872 times
Reputation: 1806

Advertisements

Much of this about "there oughta be a law" but the existing laws are lax and with loopholes. That and lack of enforcement against employers has created this immigrant wave. It's interesting to watch "strict constitutionalists" interpret and clamor for judges to interpret and re-interpret laws and the Constitution to fit their viewpoint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-09-2010, 02:39 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Reputation: 6517
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Much of this about "there oughta be a law" but the existing laws are lax and with loopholes. That and lack of enforcement against employers has created this immigrant wave. It's interesting to watch "strict constitutionalists" interpret and clamor for judges to interpret and re-interpret laws and the Constitution to fit their viewpoint.
Yes it has nothing to do with individuals who might believe that laws, immigration laws apply toothers but not themselves. Nope nothing to do with individual choices.
Its only the bad employers fault. I agree we do not punish the employers nearly harsh enough. I do include the employers who troll through HomeDepot parking lots looking for cheap and often illegal workers.
I also feel that we don't punish the facilitators enough for their part in the story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2010, 02:39 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,317,766 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Where did you get that interpretation? That passage any person... in no way includes the alien themselves. I read English perfectly well, where in section 1324 does it state that? Please highlight that passage.

One can not bring in and harbor ones self. One can come in without proper documentation [section 1325] and one can elude Authorities...
The phrase "any person" means "Any" and "Person".

The term "Alien" within Chapter 12 is defined as ANY PERSON that is not a citizen or national of the US. Nonetheless, the term alien is inclusively used within the context of "ANY PERSON".

TITLE 8 > CHAPTER 12 > SUBCHAPTER I > § 1101
§ 1101. Definitions

(a) As used in this chapter— (1) The term “administrator” means the official designated by the Secretary of State pursuant to section 1104 (b) of this title.
(2) The term “advocates” includes, but is not limited to, advises, recommends, furthers by overt act, and admits belief in.
(3) The term “alien” means any person not a citizen or national of the United States.
--------------------------------
Is there a reason you're trying to restrict the word "any person" to a particular group of persons that excludes aliens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2010, 02:48 PM
 
Location: Spokane via Sydney,Australia
6,611 posts, read 10,972,991 times
Reputation: 3084
If I'm classified as a LEGAL resident ALIEN why do pro illegals feel it's such a SLUR to call those here illegally what they ARE? ILLEGAL ALIENS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2010, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Maryland
15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Reputation: 3028
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
and if I rob a bank am I an Unauthorized withdrawer?

If I kill someone am I an Unauthorized life-ender?

If I steal a cake am I an Unauthorized pastry-snatcher...

got a million more lame ones

Don’t forget to include “undocumented immigrant” in your lame category. I’m glad you realize how ridiculous it is. As long as they are here in violation of our laws, they are ILLEGAL, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2010, 03:22 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,094,154 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
The phrase "any person" means "Any" and "Person".

The term "Alien" within Chapter 12 is defined as ANY PERSON that is not a citizen or national of the US. Nonetheless, the term alien is inclusively used within the context of "ANY PERSON".

TITLE 8 > CHAPTER 12 > SUBCHAPTER I > § 1101
§ 1101. Definitions

(a) As used in this chapter— (1) The term “administrator” means the official designated by the Secretary of State pursuant to section 1104 (b) of this title.
(2) The term “advocates” includes, but is not limited to, advises, recommends, furthers by overt act, and admits belief in.
(3) The term “alien” means any person not a citizen or national of the United States.
--------------------------------
Is there a reason you're trying to restrict the word "any person" to a particular group of persons that excludes aliens?

your mind is made up...You forgot to add the[WHO]... "Any Person Who-". The "Who" is the person that is doing the "bringing" and/or the "Harboring" is the person to which the statue[section] is written to/for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2010, 03:26 PM
 
Location: SouthCentral Texas
3,855 posts, read 4,094,154 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Don’t forget to include “undocumented immigrant” in your lame category. I’m glad you realize how ridiculous it is. As long as they are here in violation of our laws, they are ILLEGAL, period.
Some people seem unable to grasp the fact that "Illegal" is a dermination of a court...but people can write anything they want...wether its factually correct or not. Doesnt matter one iota to the true debate of immigration reform...not one iota.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2010, 03:37 PM
 
Location: 3rd rock from the sun
3,858 posts, read 5,971,872 times
Reputation: 1806
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
your mind is made up...You forgot to add the[WHO]... "Any Person Who-". The "Who" is the person that is doing the "bringing" and/or the "Harboring" is the person to which the statue[section] is written to/for.
I've never heard of a fugitive being charged with harboring himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2010, 03:41 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,317,766 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
your mind is made up...You forgot to add the[WHO]... "Any Person Who-". The "Who" is the person that is doing the "bringing" and/or the "Harboring" is the person to which the statue[section] is written to/for.
The "Who" includes the "Any Person", in this case the Alien.

As in: "Any person who....(for example) jumps the US border and knowingly conceals and harbors their offense is a criminal...and an illegal one at that....

Are you saying that illegal aliens are not under the jurisdiction of the US Code? If so, than perhaps their not under the jurisdiction of our Constitution, it's laws, and by implication the 14th amendment including their offspring...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-09-2010, 03:57 PM
 
2,526 posts, read 2,317,766 times
Reputation: 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
I've never heard of a fugitive being charged with harboring himself.
That's exactly what it is. It's committing a crime to conceal the previous crime. Like starting a fire (for example, arson) that burns down a building to hide the dead bodies (the murder victims).

It's an act of malice and deceit against our country and it's citizens. All the more reason to boot their a$$'s out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top