Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 08:36 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times

Advertisements

Newsflash Ramon, you need more than a work permit. GO HOME!

Quote:
Fear is spreading among foreign day laborers in South Florida after Republicans won control of the House of Representatives, a move immigration activists say will make it more difficult -- if not impossible -- to legalize millions of undocumented immigrants.

``We are frightened that authorities will harden their attitude toward workers like us who need work permits,'' said Guatemalan Ramón Suárez, 33, as he waited for work in a cluster of foreign day laborers at a shopping mall on Bird Road near Florida's Turnpike.
Undocumented arrivals fear Republican crackdown on immigration - Immigration - MiamiHerald.com (http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/11/09/1916726/undocumented-arrivals-fear-republican.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2010, 09:00 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Yet another illegal alien sob story we're supposed to feel bad about, Benicar . About time these fools go home already. All 12+ million of them! Can you imagine that? 12 million less people in the U.S., that's a very significant amount of breathing room. Especially in states like California.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:37 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,521,646 times
Crackdown

It's time that the government enforces OUR laws

This push for Amnesty and Sanctuary cities has
gone to far !

This is a slap in the face to all the U.S. military people
who fight for our country and the ones who have entered
and became a citizen the LEGAL way.

I consider it an insult to mine and every Americans intelligence the way this and past administrations
have down played our National Security along the
southern border and it's seemed to become the norm
with the current administration

Harry Reid, who will continue his reign as Senate Majority leader thanks to the labor unions he serves, has already told them that he will try to ram through an amnesty bill for illegal aliens, and the highly controversial “card check” legislation to make it easier for unions to force workers to join them.

Old 11-10-2010, 09:43 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,196,672 times
What a tear jerker article... The author tries to cover all the politically correct bases with the terms he uses for illegal aliens (which they are never called):

~ undocumented day laborers
~ undocumented immigrants
~ foreign nationals
~ foreign day laborers
~ undocumented foreign day laborers

Undocumented day laborers, does this mean there are undocumented night workers too?
-or-
Does it mean these Guatemalans go back to Guatemala every night and come back in the morning?

Hey!! I know, why don't all of these afraid illegal aliens talked about in this Miami Florida article get in boats and row 90 miles south to the workers paradise in Cuba? I'm sure they will be met with compassion and love.

Old 11-10-2010, 12:09 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
Now we have "undocumented ARRIVALS" ????????????? wtf does THAT even mean?

Old 11-10-2010, 12:48 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,870,736 times
Great News !!!!
Criminals should live in fear,hopefully the stress and fear grinds them down and they leave!!!

Old 11-10-2010, 01:54 PM

4 posts, read 3,304 times
Our government doesn't care about their own American citizens. They only care about those that they can pull the wool over their eyes. They won't deport illegals who have a child here, because heaven forbid they be the cause of a family breaking apart. Yet it is ok for these illegals to break apart American families by being here and having children with impressionable young American girls. They make these young girls feel sorry for them because nobody wants them here.
I have been trying for two years to have my daughters boyfriend deported. He was arrested twice and yet is still here. I have contacted the social security head with the fake cards he uses. IRS has been contacted. His emloyer, Taco Bell, has been notified, I was even the cause of him being arrested in the first place for being illegal. I know personaly all the people to know to get the ball rolling. They all say unless he will bring them good press or monetary reward then there is nothing their superiors will do about it.
Now after 2.5 years of fighting this I am losing my daughter and grandson to El Salvador. He know he will never be able to be a U.S. citizen, so he has convinced my daughter to move back to His country. She says if she doesn't like it, she will come back with my grandson. Little does she know, although being told by many, that there really isn't a law down there that you can't buy off.
Unless the American people stand up in a more aggressive way we will never be allowed to win this war on our own land. Our government will not defend us.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:02 AM

5 posts, read 7,113 times
Illigals don't fear the Republican crack down on illigals. They fear separation from family. Familia is everything more then anything in the world. Example a child is what we are calling our family. Sometime you just can't take them even if you want to. Their fear is that where there from that the family won't be ecepted in their country. Our kids won't speak the culture in another country. Speacking another culture is dificult and stresful not being able to understand. As parent we know how it is to come here and not speak a word of English but even if we can teach them but they will still have problems adjusting to be acepted by another place. Just like a kinder school child. Bullying and they won't be able to understand why. It's not because you are not from there but because you are the new kid but because who you are. Alot of families that are deported there family meet their love ones in a new country that they know nothing about. They try to make it as best as they can but because their love ones can't adjust to a new culture they end up living because of the kids and that's how family is being spilting up. Now that's fear losing your family.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:14 AM

5 posts, read 7,113 times
To the lady afraid of loosing your daughter to your illigal son in law. Do you not like him because his an illigal or because your daughter found her own family and you are not included? You are her mother not her lover. You are judging for the wrong reason.

Old 11-12-2010, 10:35 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsaid View Post
Illigals don't fear the Republican crack down on illigals. They fear separation from family. Familia is everything more then anything in the world. Example a child is what we are calling our family. Sometime you just can't take them even if you want to. Their fear is that where there from that the family won't be ecepted in their country. Our kids won't speak the culture in another country. Speacking another culture is dificult and stresful not being able to understand. As parent we know how it is to come here and not speak a word of English but even if we can teach them but they will still have problems adjusting to be acepted by another place. Just like a kinder school child. Bullying and they won't be able to understand why. It's not because you are not from there but because you are the new kid but because who you are. Alot of families that are deported there family meet their love ones in a new country that they know nothing about. They try to make it as best as they can but because their love ones can't adjust to a new culture they end up living because of the kids and that's how family is being spilting up. Now that's fear losing your family.
There is no reason to fear being separated from your family, because you can all leave together, or those remaining can join you later. Illegals routinely leave their families to come to this country, often abandoning spouses and children, yet cry foul when they’re deported. What’s the difference?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration