U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 12:41 PM

4,145 posts, read 1,903,722 times

Advertisements

This is California people.That state has no respect for our ideals,soldiers or flag.When I returned from vietnam in 1972 while in the airport waiting to fly home for the first time in over a year,I was spit on and called a baby killer/
That state can sink into the ocean as far as I am concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 12:43 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,924,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
This is California people.That state has no respect for our ideals,soldiers or flag.When I returned from vietnam in 1972 while in the airport waiting to fly home for the first time in over a year,I was spit on and called a baby killer/
Thank you for your service to our country.

Old 11-12-2010, 02:15 PM

6,611 posts, read 11,034,756 times
It's not really an illegal immigration issue - although one DOES have to wonder whether those making the threats were either here illegally or anchor babies, as they apparently feel justified making threats aginst flying the flag of THIS country

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy.Rivers View Post
Here's an update on the story: (the school's response today)

School officials at Denair Middle School are talking Friday about an incident where they allegedly asked a student to remove his American flag from his bike. - KTXL

Here's part of it:

"Ed Parraz, the Superintendent of the Denair School District told us a school supervisor asked Cody to take down the flag. The supervisor will not be fired or face repercussions. Parraz says the supervisor had information that Cody's safety was at risk because of the flag. Some students had complained about it and had apparently made threats.

Parraz says they have decided to focus on those students who are causing the problem, not the flag. Cody is now allowed to ride onto school campus with Old Glory on the back. Parraz is aware of the outcry across the nation over this story. He says they embrace the American flag, they are patriotic, but that their main priority is keeping students safe."

Why didn't they do that to begin with???

Old 11-12-2010, 03:17 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,615,897 times
Moderator cut: orphaned - the post you were quoting was removed
Uh, let's be serious here. That is in California and in any place with possible an unbalanced demographics of students, this would happen. This type of stuff is just the new thing because of the nations huge Mexican population, especially in California. You got these people that are in these school districts and most of those schools are filled with students who are of Mexican decent, straight from Mexico and have parents who are straight from Mexico. They dominate these schools population-wise, but, guess what, they are still in the United States. So, you got these schools and stuff with their large Mexican population or a majority Mexican population and they think they can run stuff and their fellow Mexican principals, teachers and ESL teachers help them while the US children (usually non-Mexican) get discriminated against in their own country and home.

It happens and I am sure it is WAY different than your son's school. That's the thing that no one is talking about and bringing attention to: the discrimination towards people who are not of Mexican descent or actually from Mexico in some places around the country.

It's not right and not fair that white, black, Asian or non-Spanish speaking or Americanized Mexican-Americans have to feel discriminated against in their own country because a huge Mexican population has risen up in their town via illegal immigration.

That's what is REALLY going on.

Last edited by Yac; 11-15-2010 at 07:46 AM..

Old 11-12-2010, 03:20 PM

3,951 posts, read 3,615,897 times
Oh and you guys want to know why the principal felt that it would lead to racial tensions? Probably because he knows how his Hispanic students would react to seeing that flag in a bully, discrimination and "Viva La Raza" manner.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:34 PM

3,855 posts, read 4,118,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
"Officials Seek To Avoid Tension On Campus"

...Thirteen-year-old Cody Alicea put the flag there as a show of support for the veterans in his family.

But officials at Denair Middle School told him he couldn't fly it. He said he was told some students had complained....."

".....'Our Hispanic, you know, kids will, you know, bring their Mexican flags and they'll display it, and then of course the kids would do the American flag situation, and it does cause kind of a racial tension which we don't really want," Parraz said. "We want them to appreciate the cultures'......"

School Forces Boy To Take Flag Off Bike - Central Coast News Story - KSBW The Central Coast (http://www.ksbw.com/news/25763175/detail.htML - broken link)
this belongs on an illegal immigration forum, because people fly Mexican flags in the US? sound like a illegal immigration problem to me...

Old 11-12-2010, 03:36 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,244,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Uh, let's be serious here. That is in California and in any place with possible an unbalanced demographics of students, this would happen. This type of stuff is just the new thing because of the nations huge Mexican population, especially in California. You got these people that are in these school districts and most of those schools are filled with students who are of Mexican decent, straight from Mexico and have parents who are straight from Mexico. They dominate these schools population-wise, but, guess what, they are still in the United States. So, you got these schools and stuff with their large Mexican population or a majority Mexican population and they think they can run stuff and their fellow Mexican principals, teachers and ESL teachers help them while the US children (usually non-Mexican) get discriminated against in their own country and home.

It happens and I am sure it is WAY different than your son's school. That's the thing that no one is talking about and bringing attention to: the discrimination towards people who are not of Mexican descent or actually from Mexico in some places around the country.

It's not right and not fair that white, black, Asian or non-Spanish speaking or Americanized Mexican-Americans have to feel discriminated against in their own country because a huge Mexican population has risen up in their town via illegal immigration.

That's what is REALLY going on.
Absolutely So Edible and I can attest to it being I live in Calif. I am sure many non-Hispanic students in the southwest are suffering from that same discrimination.

Old 11-12-2010, 04:33 PM

785 posts, read 1,860,647 times
Let's see...to fly the official flag of the United States in...uh...the United States...is offensive to some people? People have gone absolutely nuts. Anyone who is "tense" over seeing the flag of the United States being displayed in the United States (and on Veteran's Day!!) should ease their tension by leaving the country.

Old 11-12-2010, 06:15 PM

9,643 posts, read 17,870,836 times
This pisses me off. At least the school backed down but for those who dont like the american flag i say "GET A ROPE".

Old 11-13-2010, 10:18 AM

6,002 posts, read 6,433,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
It's unfortunate that such a beautiful state has so many crackpots.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or