U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 04:44 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times

Advertisements

Good thread benicar.
As many of us have been saying enforcement will force illegals to self deport saving the US tax payer the burden of paying for 12+ million deportations.
If the Fed would only do its job this would relieve the unfair burden placed upon the states.
Most reasonable people can see and understand the fact that every victim of an illegals crime is a victim of a crime that could have and should have been prevented. Secure our borders and enforce our laws.
Every job an illegal has is a job denied to a legal citizen.
10% unemployment this nation can not justify turning a blind eye to the illegals any further.
Some have said this is a republican disaster.
What house speaker said that it is unamerican to enforce our immigration laws?
What state is known for its sanctuary policies?
The past is the past. We need to learn from it and act with extreme vigor.
We owe nothing to illegals except due process for when they caught and then deportation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2010, 06:41 PM

60,930 posts, read 30,857,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Funny how 100,000 hispanics left Az but I don't see any difference. Population still booming here and many hispanics living here.

He must have meant Mexicans and said hispanic by mistake. Like they are interchangeable, or something.

We call them Illegal Trespassing Parasites.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:47 AM

3,855 posts, read 4,094,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Funny how 100,000 hispanics left Az but I don't see any difference. Population still booming here and many hispanics living here.
Have people left because of SB1070, or the Arizona's bad econony?

Quote:
Although concrete figures are not available, anecdotal evidence suggests Hispanics, both legal residents and illegal immigrants, are starting to flee.

The report suggests that the immigration law is compounding demographic trends that have already significantly curtailed illegal immigration during the past two years. The bad economy has been the primary deterrent to many Hispanic immigrants seeking to enter Arizona, says Jeffrey Passel, a demographer at the Pew Hispanic Center in Washington.

“The economy is always the primary factor in determining migration flows,” says Professor Gutierrez. “It might appear as if these laws are turning back demographic tide in Arizona, but economic forces are a much more important aspect of that development recently.”

http://www.banderasnews.com/1006/edat-leavingaz.htm

Old 11-13-2010, 11:22 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

Hispanics Abandon Arizona, Fleeing Economy, Immigration Law
Given our current economic crisis, if illegals are leaving Arizona due to the bad economy, why isn’t there a mass exodus from this entire country? Why do illegals continue to enter this country on a daily basis?

Quote:
"Everyone is selling up the little they have and leaving," said Villasenor, 31, who is headed for Pennsylvania. "We have no alternative. They have us cornered."
Quote:
"They wanted to drive Hispanics out of Arizona and they have succeeded even before the law even comes into effect," said Aguilar, 28, a mother of three young children who was also offering a few cherished pictures and a stereo at one of five sales on the same block.
Migrants sell up, flee Arizona ahead of crackdown | Reuters

Quote:
So, on this afternoon, she begins to consider two imperfect choices: stay hidden or join the quiet exodus now underway, with families heading to New Mexico, California and other states where they might find a relative and a place they can live without worry.
In Arizona, an illegal immigrant and her family face a stark choice

Quote:
"They're just afraid - they can't drive - can't walk out - go grocery shopping not even go to doctor," said church volunteer Michael Fernandez. "They're just fearful they're going to be stopped because of the color of their skin."
Ariz. Law Causing Immigrants To Leave State - Phoenix News Story - KPHO Phoenix

Quote:
Arizona's tough new immigration enforcement law is fueling an exodus of Hispanics from the state seven weeks before it goes into effect, according to officials and residents in the state.

Though no one has precise figures, reports from school officials, businesses and individuals indicate worried Hispanics — both legal and illegal — are leaving the state in anticipation of the law, which will go into effect July 29.
Hispanics flee Arizona ahead of immigration law - USATODAY.com

Old 11-13-2010, 09:37 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,388,165 times
I just have to ask...with temps and sun being what they are in Arizona, don't most people have "brown skin"? I just can't imagine skin color scaring anyone. I think if I hear this one more time I will scream!!!!

Old 11-14-2010, 08:00 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isitmeorarethingsnuts? View Post
I just have to ask...with temps and sun being what they are in Arizona, don't most people have "brown skin"? I just can't imagine skin color scaring anyone. I think if I hear this one more time I will scream!!!!
Ditto! It just another way of pulling the race card and I am sick of it also.

Old 11-14-2010, 09:20 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,236,627 times
Quote:
The study also predicts that remittances -- the money sent home by migrants working abroad -- won't recover their peak value of about $26 billion until 2012 or 2013.
OMG! we need to set up a recovery fund for the poor fella's!.. I mean, we can't let em' suffer like the US Citizens. (sarc..)

Old 11-14-2010, 09:31 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,236,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlabamaStorm View Post
And the Mexicans are mad about it too:

Mexico is Mad That Mexicans are Returning to Mexico!!! | Newsflavor

Quite frankly, I don't blame them for not wanting their own criminals to return...LOL
Quote:
At a news conference, the legislators said that Sonora, – Arizona’s
southern neighbor, – made up of mostly small towns, – cannot handle the
demand for housing, jobs and schools that it will face as Mexican workers
return to their hometowns from the USA without jobs or US money.
Paybacks a M@!*&%#@!.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:02 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

Hispanics Abandon Arizona, Fleeing Economy, Immigration Law
Was Arizona's economy that much worse than their neighbors?
9.8% unemployment across the country would indicate that the economy is pretty much in the tank nation wide.
What is more likely is that because AZ was the only state at the time attempting to crack down on illegals that the illegals opted to relocate to friendly states.
Note: Not unlike cockroaches when you turn the light on. They flee to places where it is easier to hide.

Old 11-14-2010, 10:25 AM

9,605 posts, read 14,305,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
In case you haven't noticed it is the Republicans who stopped amnesty every time it reared its ugly head. They don't want any reform that allows illegal aliens to remain here. It is still our Republican congressmen that are fighting amnesty, birthright citizenship, wanting e-verify implemented in all work places, increased border security etc. It is the Democrats that don't want any of the above so that they will have more future voters.
Every here of this guy named Ronald Reagan? Rumor has it that not only was he a Republican, he passed amnesty during his tenure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration