U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 05:04 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
and just like today, their "statistics" on how many illegals would be eligible for amnesty were WAY WAY underestimated.
Absolutely! The “estimated” was 1 million, while the “actual” was 3 million. Likewise, our current number is probably at least 30 million. Of course, it could be higher.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 05:23 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,972,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Absolutely! The “estimated” was 1 million, while the “actual” was 3 million. Likewise, our current number is probably at least 30 million. Of course, it could be higher.
Not to mention that even if it was only the Dream Act that passed, how many would bring their kids over and falsify documents so they were eligible? How many already here would do the same.

It was shown in the 1986 and subsequent amnesties that the checking of true eligibility left a LOT to be desired. No reason to think it would be any different now.

Old 11-16-2010, 09:28 PM

2,086 posts, read 2,106,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Good!

Did they go back to Mexico?

*pats Arizona on the back*
I think they went to Cali.

Old 11-17-2010, 09:21 PM

932 posts, read 1,644,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
Have people left because of SB1070, or the Arizona's bad econony?

Hispanics Abandon Arizona, Fleeing Economy, Immigration Law
No one I personally know has left and never come back because of it. Actually a good friend of mine who turned out to be an illegal, went back to Mexico for a week in August and came back as a legal citizen. I would believe because of SB1070. The media went into overboard on this topic. In terms employment, the entire country is doing about the same as Arizona, but I won't get off topic about that.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:01 AM

3,676 posts, read 5,869,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
No one I personally know has left and never come back because of it. Actually a good friend of mine who turned out to be an illegal, went back to Mexico for a week in August and came back as a legal citizen. I would believe because of SB1070. The media went into overboard on this topic. In terms employment, the entire country is doing about the same as Arizona, but I won't get off topic about that.
Came back a week later as a citizen??????

Old 11-18-2010, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Came back a week later as a citizen??????
Whoops, I didn't a week. I meant to put 3 weeks there. Sorry for that mistake.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:55 PM

16,119 posts, read 20,198,117 times
Mexican Government Figures?
Based on what?

Old 11-18-2010, 06:32 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,972,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Whoops, I didn't a week. I meant to put 3 weeks there. Sorry for that mistake.
Oh puhlease - he left an illegal and in THREE weeks came back a legal citizen - try again, cos I don't think so. Maybe you better try rephrasing your little "story" so it's at least believable.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Oh puhlease - he left an illegal and in THREE weeks came back a legal citizen - try again, cos I don't think so. Maybe you better try rephrasing your little "story" so it's at least believable.
Well I believe it, I didn't put it on here so everybody had to agree with me. I just wanted to share that. Plus it's a "she".

Old 11-18-2010, 10:22 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,056,508 times
We need to close the borders completely. Put our military on the border and start hunting down and deporting every single illegal.

We need to end the anchor baby crap. We need to deport every single person who aides an illegal.

They have invaded our country and yet the left whined about invading Iraq when the trespassing hispanics are invading our own country.

Now it is time to pass the same law in every single state to force them back where they belong.

We need to take away federal funds of any state or city that is a safehood for illegal invaders.

It is time we defend our country from the invaders who are coming here to murder, rape, steal and commit record numbers of crimes against our citizens and yet we do nothing about it.

I am all for profiling each and every person to sort and separate who belongs here and who does not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration