U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 10:18 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phxguy View Post
Well I believe it, I didn't put it on here so everybody had to agree with me. I just wanted to share that. Plus it's a "she".

If she "left the country as an illegal" there is no way on god's green earth she could be back in 3 weeks as a legal citizen - sorry, but you need to do some reading on the immigration process I think - you're being conned if that's what she told you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 06:25 AM

932 posts, read 1,640,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
If she "left the country as an illegal" there is no way on god's green earth she could be back in 3 weeks as a legal citizen - sorry, but you need to do some reading on the immigration process I think - you're being conned if that's what she told you.
Well she left for 3 weeks, but she could've started the prcess a while before. She better not still be illegal.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:15 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Well she left for 3 weeks, but she could've started the prcess a while before. She better not still be illegal.
I’m afraid you’ve been had. She is still illegal, but she doesn’t want you to know. Try this: Tell her you’ve never seen a green card, and ask to see hers. I would be willing to bet the farm, she won’t be able to produce one.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:37 AM

150 posts, read 378,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Who says we need mass deportations.

Study: 100,000 Hispanics left Arizona after SB1070 - Yahoo! Finance (http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Study-100000-Hispanics-left-apf-1068177395.html?x=0&.v=1 - broken link)
So SB1070 was a success. I always hate to just make something somebody elses problem. These illegals just went to New Mexico or Nevada or somewhere else. So this feels kinda like throwing my garbage into my next door neighbor's yard.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:53 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,146,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
So SB1070 was a success. I always hate to just make something somebody elses problem. These illegals just went to New Mexico or Nevada or somewhere else. So this feels kinda like throwing my garbage into my next door neighbor's yard.
Some of them went back their homelands also. The point is as each new state implements the same kind of laws they will have nowhere else to go but back to their homelands. Arizona is just a start.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:53 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,809,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
Yes, it was a success, because it proves enforcement works. If we enforce our laws nationwide, most will leave this country. Unfortunately, you're right, if only select states are enacting and enforcing laws, illegals will only flee to more hospitable areas. I witnessed this in the DC area after Prince William County, VA passed strong anti-illegal laws. Illegals left in droves. Sadly, they ran to Maryland and DC.

Old 11-19-2010, 03:32 PM

932 posts, read 1,640,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I’m afraid you’ve been had. She is still illegal, but she doesn’t want you to know. Try this: Tell her you’ve never seen a green card, and ask to see hers. I would be willing to bet the farm, she won’t be able to produce one.
Okay I will, if she doesn't get offended by this. I'll bring it when I'm joking around with her about illegal immigration.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:00 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,946,003 times
Quote:
Okay I will, if she doesn't get offended by this. I'll bring it when I'm joking around with her about illegal immigration.
I can't see any reason why she'd be offended unless she DOESN'T have one. I've been asked by friends here that have never seen one if they could see it and they're always amazed it's not actually green

Old 11-22-2010, 12:37 PM

509 posts, read 608,520 times
Most of those illegals moved to other states after AZ passed its neutered law...If anyone thinks they moved back to Mexico you are kidding yourself. But give it time, the people who are bleeding hearts today and want all illegals to stay typically live in states far far far away from the border and without alot of illegals living there [for now]. In other words, they dont have to deal with the problem so its easy for them to side with illegals and look all nice and caring since it doesnt directly effect them.

So hopefully Arizona's illegals will move to those states far from the border after they leave Arizona, and the illegals can destroy those state's economies for a change and let the enablers of illegal immigration have a taste of their medicine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration