U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2010, 02:20 PM

3,847 posts, read 3,160,344 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I agree. He was wrong saying that illegals multiply like "rats".

They're more like "Cockroaches"!
Too Funny !!!
Why are they complaining??? The stats prove him RIGHT !!!
You can have as many kids as you want, IF you can support them and IF you are here LEGALLY and do not STEAL benefits you're not deserving and/or entitled too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2010, 02:25 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
And why is LaRaza jumping in so quickly? Aren't there illegals from countries OTHER than hispanic countries?

Again, they are singling THEMSELVES out, but cry 'racism' when people equate illegal aliens with hispanics..
I know, they are nothing but hypocrites.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:39 PM

1,493 posts, read 2,580,367 times
PC'ness blah blah.

It's true, some immigrants multiply like rats, along with other people as well. My favorite is when they can't even live on their own without government subsidies but continue to pop out babies. Gov't will always continue to support them.

Brilliant.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:56 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times
SoEdible:
Thanks for the link to their Fax:

Here's the letter that I faxed:

Quote:
Dear Majority Leader Mumpower:

Speaking for 80% of the American Citizens and Taxpayers of the United States, We feel that Representative Curry Todd was wrong using the phraze "immigrants to “go out there like rats and multiply.”.
First of all,
They are not "immigrants" they're "illegal, law breaking aliens" that don't belong in this country!
Secondly:
They multiply like "cockroaches". Calling them "Rats" would be giving them too much credit.

Sincerely,
Michael Farnam
Everyone should type and send a fax, This would show that La Raza doesn't have full power over this.

fax
http://action.nclr.org/p/dia/action/...ction_KEY=2727

Last edited by mkfarnam; 11-15-2010 at 03:11 PM..

Old 11-15-2010, 06:28 PM

320 posts, read 245,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
With that said ... it wasn't "cool" for him to say that. You all know that I am greatly against illegal immigration, but I keep my humanity about me when discussing it and I think in that situation I could've come up with something else to describe the way illegal immigrants come here and have tons of children. I wouldn't call them rats and I think that incidents like this are hurting the cause of trying to reduce illegal immigration.
Agreed.

Statements like that give fuel to left-leaning media outlets arguments that the anti-illegal immigration crowd are a bunch of idiot xenophobes.

Quote:
As for the so-called federal law of not asking a pregnant woman about her immigration status on the basis that her UNBORN child is a US Citizen is BULL. Who is to say that that unborn child will be BORN, brought to life, in the United States to indeed BECOME a US Citizen? If deportation happened, that child would NOT be born here and be granted US citizenship. So, I think it is very illegal and strange that there is this idea that because a woman is pregnant while in the USA that that unborn baby should be treated as a US Citizen.

Something about those women's explanations as to why they don't ask for the mother's immigration status makes no sense to me and should be cleared up and looked into.
Well where else is big business going to find cheap labor? You think our country has our well-being in mind?

Old 11-15-2010, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domination83 View Post
Agreed.

Statements like that give fuel to left-leaning media outlets arguments that the anti-illegal immigration crowd are a bunch of idiot xenophobes.

Well where else is big business going to find cheap labor? You think our country has our well-being in mind?
Who cares what the left thinks or ethnocentrics in particular. They are the real racists. By the way, xenophobia is a fear of strangers. Just what "strangers" are we fearing? We already have every imaginable ethnic group in this country "legally".

Some congressmen do care about our country and some don't. When push comes to shove and it will soon, they will all have to start honoring the laws that they swore to uphold or they'll be gone just like this past election.

Last edited by chicagonut; 11-15-2010 at 08:40 PM..

Old 11-15-2010, 08:31 PM

2,671 posts, read 2,704,830 times
Quote:
I agree. He was wrong saying that illegals multiply like "rats".

They're more like "Cockroaches"!
You're sooooo right, and it started with the landing of the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria!

Old 11-15-2010, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
You're sooooo right, and it started with the landing of the Nina, Pinta, and Santa Maria!
Oh here we go again with past history when this country didn't even have immigration laws. It isn't the Apache and the Cherokee, etc. that are illegally in this country anyway it is mostly Mexicans whose tribal ancestors weren't there to greet those on the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria. They were living way south of our border.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:31 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,943,293 times
Quote:
Here is the video of the House meeting in which the Tennessee Representative said what he said. I also think it is important to remind everyone and clear some things up that he is NOT a US Representative in the US Congress, but is a Tennessee STATE Representative in a meeting in Tennessee. So, this didn't happen in Washington.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE237g7KI8Y
this guy only said what is the truth.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:17 AM

2,243 posts, read 3,447,233 times
Quote:
~Congressman Under Fire After Saying Immigrants Multiply "Like Rats"~
Published November 12, 2010

Rep. Curry Todd of Tennessee likened illegal immigrant births to rats multiplying while he was questioning state officials at a committee hearing.

Rep. Curry Todd of Tennessee likened illegal immigrant births to rats multiplying while he was questioning state officials at a committee hearing.

A Tennessee lawmaker is under fire by Hispanic groups after he said immigrants are "like rats and multiply."

The Commercial Appeal reports Memphis Hispanic groups and their supporters stood outside the home of Rep. Curry Todd of Collierville on Thursday.

Todd made the comments earlier this week while he was questioning state officials at a committee hearing about whether the state-funded Cover Kids program checked citizenship before paying for health care. He was told that the federal government didn't allow it for prenatal care because any child born in the U.S. is a citizen.

Todd said that means the immigrants can "go out there like rats and multiply."

When contacted by The Associated Press, Todd said he was wrong to use that choice of words.

Based on reporting by The Associated Press.

Congressman Under Fire After Saying Immigrants Multiply "Like Rats" - Fox News Latino
This is absolutely horrible. They actually multiply a lot more like jackrabbits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or