U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 05:40 PM

3,493 posts, read 2,390,175 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
The Checkup - U.S. birth rate falls again, a possible effect of economic downturn

Does this mean that Americans are breeding like sterile lab rats?

Illegals have a positive birthrate...
There's nothing positive about having children you cannot afford. There's nothing positive about having children before you've completed your education. There's most certainly nothing positive about having children and lazily demanding that people from a foreign country pay you for doing so.

Why should Americans welcome foreign high school drop outs who expect to have babies at our expense?

Population growth for the sheer encouragement of population growth is dumb. Ask the Chinese or Indians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 06:34 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,168,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
As Benicar pointed out I merely pointed out the general trend in the illegal migrant community. Their birth rates are far above the American norm. Their high school drop out rates are also far above the norm. Their earning power is below the norm as a result. They pay little in taxes and take from tax till.

Far too many come to this country highly unprepared. Those who did so in previous waves of migration and could not support themselves here were simply deported. Today they are unfortunately supported by American welfare policies that allow anyone to give birth on American soil and claim benefits from the American taxpayer.

These are factual statements not generalizations. One does not need to meet every single illegal migrant to point out the overall poor behavior in the community. Just because the truth is less than flattering does not make it offensive.

Unless, of course, you believe that no negative statements must ever be uttered about low skilled law breakers and their irrational and arrogant behavior. I reserve the right to argue otherwise.

So you can't make assertions about any given group unless you've met every single person in that group?

And Texan said he is only here to set us straight on our laws. Yeah, right!

Old 11-17-2010, 10:20 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,240,329 times
I think you gals gave 1751texan lock jaw.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:27 AM

8 posts, read 7,468 times
I work in a busy pharmacy in an area that is quickly being taken over by hispanics, most of whom cannot speak a word of English except the word "Medicaid". If I need to see an ID they hand me either a "Matricula Consular" card, mexican drivers license or voter ID. If they were in the country legally they would be able to get either a Texas drivers license or photo ID. I cannot even begin to estimate the dollar amount of the prescriptions they get "free" for their several children who were born here. At our local county (public) hospital there are 14.000 babies born to parents who are illegally in this country each and every year according to the hospital's own figures. The pregnant women are on Medicaid and when the children are born they are signed up for every social program in existence.

I remember one woman who was told that an over-the-counter medicine to relieve pain and fever for her infant was not paid for by Medicaid. She replied "Medicaid no pay, I no take". She was purchasing a battery powered toothbrush and when I told her we could take that off so she could get the needed med for her infant she said no. Another same situation and the woman was purchasing stationery, hair accessories, beer, etc. Neither woman would pay for the medication her baby needed.

Medicaid takes a huge chunk of the Texas state budget. I wouldn't want to see a child go without needed medications but I think the parents should pay as do American citizens. I see American citizens who cannot afford some prescriptions for themselves or their children because of high co-pays on their insurance. These citizens pay their insurance premiums, their sometimes high co-pays and then get taxed to pay for those in the country illegally.

Our county is building a brand new billion dollar "county" hospital because of the overcrowding at the present one. How many more illegal immigrants can we support? We already have approximately 10% of mexico's population here in this country whether legal or illegal. I don't blame people for wanting to leave mexico because of all the violence and killing there but we cannot afford to take in more and more of their citizens who demand more and more of American taxpayers.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:41 AM

2,671 posts, read 2,711,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Oh here we go again with past history when this country didn't even have immigration laws. It isn't the Apache and the Cherokee, etc. that are illegally in this country anyway it is mostly Mexicans whose tribal ancestors weren't there to greet those on the Nina, Pinta and Santa Maria. They were living way south of our border.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:43 AM

2,671 posts, read 2,711,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msnomer View Post
I work in a busy pharmacy in an area that is quickly being taken over by hispanics, most of whom cannot speak a word of English except the word "Medicaid". If I need to see an ID they hand me either a "Matricula Consular" card, mexican drivers license or voter ID. If they were in the country legally they would be able to get either a Texas drivers license or photo ID. I cannot even begin to estimate the dollar amount of the prescriptions they get "free" for their several children who were born here. At our local county (public) hospital there are 14.000 babies born to parents who are illegally in this country each and every year according to the hospital's own figures. The pregnant women are on Medicaid and when the children are born they are signed up for every social program in existence.

I remember one woman who was told that an over-the-counter medicine to relieve pain and fever for her infant was not paid for by Medicaid. She replied "Medicaid no pay, I no take". She was purchasing a battery powered toothbrush and when I told her we could take that off so she could get the needed med for her infant she said no. Another same situation and the woman was purchasing stationery, hair accessories, beer, etc. Neither woman would pay for the medication her baby needed.

Medicaid takes a huge chunk of the Texas state budget. I wouldn't want to see a child go without needed medications but I think the parents should pay as do American citizens. I see American citizens who cannot afford some prescriptions for themselves or their children because of high co-pays on their insurance. These citizens pay their insurance premiums, their sometimes high co-pays and then get taxed to pay for those in the country illegally.

Our county is building a brand new billion dollar "county" hospital because of the overcrowding at the present one. How many more illegal immigrants can we support? We already have approximately 10% of mexico's population here in this country whether legal or illegal. I don't blame people for wanting to leave mexico because of all the violence and killing there but we cannot afford to take in more and more of their citizens who demand more and more of American taxpayers.
Texas.......that's a Spanish word. Ironic, isn't it?

Old 11-18-2010, 08:59 AM

13,387 posts, read 16,240,329 times
ecovlke:
Is there some point(s) in your last 2 posts?

Last edited by mkfarnam; 11-18-2010 at 09:14 AM..

Old 11-18-2010, 09:03 AM

So what is this map supposed to mean? Here is a better one for you indicating where the tribal ancestors of the Mexicans were from.

Aztec Civilization - Crystalinks

Old 11-18-2010, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecovlke View Post
Texas.......that's a Spanish word. Ironic, isn't it?
Your point is? The Spanish were from Spain. You know, one of those white European countries.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:08 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,836,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msnomer View Post

Thanks for sharing. Pro-illegals would have us believe illegals NEVER receive government handouts. According to them, it’s all anti-“immigrant” propaganda.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or