U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2010, 10:02 PM

3,858 posts, read 5,960,851 times

Advertisements

Details still sketchy in shooting of crosser by Border Patrol agent

A suspected illegal immigrant was shot in the stomach Tuesday morning by a Border Patrol agent northwest of Nogales.
The shooting occurred at 9:30 a.m. in the Walker Canyon area, about two miles northeast of Peña Blanca Lake, said Santa Cruz County Sheriff Tony Estrada.
It began when agents with the Border Patrol's horse patrol came upon a group of 12 illegal immigrants in the canyon. The group fled from the agents and one man got knocked down, either by tripping or being bumped by a horse, The agent might have been trying to rein in the horse when the shots were fired,
"We are not saying that he was shot intentionally," Estrada said. "We are just saying that he was shot."
Due the remoteness of the location, the Border Patrol had to walk the wounded man out of the rugged area to a spot where a helicopter could land... and he was flown to Tucson where he is in intensive care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2010, 10:20 PM

News : Lawyer: Agent fired after being threatened with rock : Nogales International : Nogales, AZ

Jim Calle, who represents the Border Patrol agents’ Local 2544 union, said that after the agent’s horseback patrol came across a group of 12 suspected illegal immigrants in Walker Canyon on Tuesday morning, the eventual shooting victim took off running, but then picked up a rock and threatened the agent with it.
The agent was able to get the man to drop the rock after advancing on him with his horse, Calle said, but then the man picked up another rock.
“When he did it a second time, from about four feet away, the agent felt he had no option but to employ deadly force and to shoot this man,” he said.
Santa Cruz County Sheriff Antonio Estrada, whose office interviewed four of the 11 illegal immigrants detained following the incident, said a woman witness told investigators that the agent fired on the man after he had fallen to the ground.
“She’s not sure if he fell, tripped or got bumped, but at some point he did fall down, he was on the ground, and that’s when she heard that shot go off,” he said.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:20 PM

11,501 posts, read 13,036,047 times
If he was here illegally and was caught by border patrol and asked to stop and ran then he is running from the law, should be consider armed and dangerous, is trespassing on our land ( I call it invading ) and we must take action to stop the massive invasion on our Mexican border.

I am all for 1 warning shot and shoot to stop the invader.

You stated they came upon 12 illegals. So they were trespassing and were here illegally then correct?

Wonder which group will make him out a victim and the patrol agent a bad guy.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:25 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,497,749 times
The desert is a very dangerous place and it's sad
to read about someone getting hurt and with that
said this person made two poor choices (1) entered
illegally (2) ran from the Border Patrol.

As long as the murders, rapes, kidnappings, ID theft, and credit fraud is happening to everyone EXCEPT our elected local/state/federal officials, their family members, and close friends -- illegal Entry into the U.S.A. is officially NOT A PROBLEM.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:30 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,133,751 times
I agree that the word should be "invaded." The invaders need to stop doing it and this may be what is necessary to get them to stop. I want to thank the agent for doing his job.

I personally think our crime rate would be cut in half if our country would get the guts to deport these invaders. We need to let D. C. know that we want this invasion to stop.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:30 PM

10,833 posts, read 11,570,071 times
I'm definitely going to lose some sleep over this tonight.

Old 11-17-2010, 10:31 PM

2,088 posts, read 2,186,918 times
hmmm whose story am i going to believe?

A dedicated Border patrol agent doing his job or a criminal illegal alien scum?

Old 11-17-2010, 11:08 PM

I suspect it will be handled the same as a police shooting. There will be an investigation. In most cases the cop is exonerated. The sheriff has already interviewed some witnesses.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:24 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,722,338 times
I read post #1 and thought it was kind of sad, too bad, but bad things can happen when you're involved in criminal activities.

Then I read post #2 and all that pity went right out the door. The illegal is violent and willing to try to kill a border agent - too bad he survived and will not cost the taxpayers hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Old 11-18-2010, 01:41 PM

15,179 posts, read 15,816,809 times
Anyone who threatens law enforcement can expect to be met with deadly force. Hopefully, other illegals will hear of this incident and will refrain from similar behavior. Unfortunately, now taxpayers must cover his medical costs.

Don’t be surprised if MALDEF or the ACLU files a multi-million dollar lawsuit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or