U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 11:17 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,897,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
Ramirez didn't "come out". He was "outed".
And now that he is outed, and he has admitted that he is a criminal as are his parents, ICE should go pay them a visit and begin the paper work for their deportation.
I wonder though, will the ACLU claim ICE violated his rights? Not enough evidence?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 11:17 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,824,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Anyone notice how these people that allegedly "live in the shadows" in fear seem to have absolutely NO problem "coming out" in the media for the sake of airing their little sob stories?
Yep. Lately, they’re “coming out of the shadows” in droves. Funny, I thought CIR had to pass to bring them out. Apparently not.

Old 11-18-2010, 11:47 AM

14,920 posts, read 10,733,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
And now that he is outed, and he has admitted that he is a criminal as are his parents, ICE should go pay them a visit and begin the paper work for their deportation.
I wonder though, will the ACLU claim ICE violated his rights? Not enough evidence?
Reaching a bit aren't you? By any standard (including the ACLU's), an open and public admission constitutes probable cause (more than that, it probably constitutes a legal confession).

Last edited by hammertime33; 11-18-2010 at 12:42 PM..

Old 11-19-2010, 08:10 AM

32,823 posts, read 30,091,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How on earth do all of these DREAMies not realize they are illegal until they are in high school? During all their years in this country, have they NEVER overheard their parents discussing their status? Did they not see ANY red flags? I don’t buy this crap. I suppose he also has a driver’s license and voter registration card.
Ya, read up on some of the DREAMIE web sites. Not only do they know what they are doing is wrong, they are working together to find every loophole. Morally bankrupt

Old 11-19-2010, 08:21 AM

14,307 posts, read 11,158,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
How on earth do all of these DREAMies not realize they are illegal until they are in high school? During all their years in this country, have they NEVER overheard their parents discussing their status? Did they not see ANY red flags? I don’t buy this crap. I suppose he also has a driver’s license and voter registration card.
What I find appalling is when their parents don't tell them right up front before the problems occur. I have heard so many stories of these illegal kids reaching adulthood and wanting to get a DL, a job or other things that only citizens or legal immigrants are entitled to and then their parents tell them why they can't. Why don't these parents try to adjust their status or return to their homelands before their kids have to go through this?

Old 11-19-2010, 09:16 AM

15,179 posts, read 15,824,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ya, read up on some of the DREAMIE web sites. Not only do they know what they are doing is wrong, they are working together to find every loophole. Morally bankrupt
Yes, they have the same criminal mindset of their parents, and they don’t even try to hide it. In fact, they flaunt it. But, what can we expect? Lawlessness is all they know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
What I find appalling is when their parents don't tell them right up front before the problems occur. I have heard so many stories of these illegal kids reaching adulthood and wanting to get a DL, a job or other things that only citizens or legal immigrants are entitled to and then their parents tell them why they can't. Why don't these parents try to adjust their status or return to their homelands before their kids have to go through this?
Clearly, their parents don’t give a damn. They are only concerned with remaining here. I doubt they even consider the problems they have created for their children.

Old 11-24-2010, 12:05 PM

60,455 posts, read 30,701,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Perhaps, but because Republican owned businesses are responsible for the immigration problem, he will likely have no problem getting hired by a good patriotic Republican.

If Republicans are so rich and own all the corporations, why is it the Republican stance to enforce our illegal alien laws?

Would that not be shooting themselves in the foot.

Could it be the Progressive corporate machine, picking the winners and the losers?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or