Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2010, 06:29 AM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times

Advertisements

This is a very interesting circumstance.

Quote:
Ramirez moved with his parents from Mexico when he was 3. He has little memory of living anywhere other than Tulare, California, located about 45 miles outside Fresno.

He said he assumed he was a U.S. citizen until his senior year in high school when his parents broke the news to him.

"I wanted to go to the military, but then I started asking questions and found out I wasn't a citizen. And then I found out I was undocumented," Ramirez told CNN in a phone interview.
College student body president admits he's an illegal immigrant - CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2010, 07:21 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 18Montclair View Post
and now what? I guess as long as he can pay his tuition he will be able to stay, graduate and depending on his major get a job. But there are a lot of companies that will automatically not hire him.

Nita

Old 11-18-2010, 08:18 AM

6,390 posts, read 9,679,297 times
Quote:
But there are a lot of companies that will automatically not hire him.
Perhaps, but because Republican owned businesses are responsible for the immigration problem, he will likely have no problem getting hired by a good patriotic Republican.

Old 11-18-2010, 08:23 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post
Perhaps, but because Republican owned businesses are responsible for the immigration problem, he will likely have no problem getting hired by a good patriotic Republican.
Republican owned businesses? Gee, call me crazy but I am sure there are Democrats that own businesses also and they wouldn't have any qualms about hiring illegal aliens either. It is both parties that are responsible for this mess since they are all members of our congress/government.

Last edited by chicagonut; 11-18-2010 at 09:49 AM..

Old 11-18-2010, 08:55 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,954,972 times
Quote:
Now, an anonymous tip to the college newspaper has forced Ramirez to publicly expose his secret
Quote:
Cole Rojewski, the head of the College Republicans, wants Ramirez gone. Ramirez beat Rojewski for the student body presidency.
"He misled the students. He wasn't upfront about it. And no one knew about it. So I think he should step down and have a re-election," Rojewski told CNN Fresno affiliate KFSN.
The Collegian » Smears mar ASI election
Smear campaign in the student election.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:16 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times
Apparently he missed the part where falsely claiming to be a USC means he would not BE eligible under the DREAM Act, and in fact makes him inadmissable even to legalise status to LPR..........it can also mean being deported and barred for life (not that this govt seems predisposed to follow the letter of the law where illegals are concerned)

Quote:
For the past four years, Ramirez has lied about being a citizen
Quote:
He also supports the Dream Act, a proposed federal law that would let students in the country illegally earn legal status if they attend college or join the military.
He works as a student representative for an organization that advocates passage of the Dream Act. Congress is expected to vote on it in January.

Old 11-18-2010, 09:56 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
He said he assumed he was a U.S. citizen until his senior year in high school when his parents broke the news to him.
How on earth do all of these DREAMies not realize they are illegal until they are in high school? During all their years in this country, have they NEVER overheard their parents discussing their status? Did they not see ANY red flags? I don’t buy this crap. I suppose he also has a driver’s license and voter registration card.

Old 11-18-2010, 10:00 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,518,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .highnlite View Post

The United States of America is in the hands
of some very incompetent people who have no idea what's
going on and will be held accountable

The fact that you can't see this is clear your part of the
problem ! It's nothing personal it's just the law

Old 11-18-2010, 10:05 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times
Anyone notice how these people that allegedly "live in the shadows" in fear seem to have absolutely NO problem "coming out" in the media for the sake of airing their little sob stories?

Old 11-18-2010, 10:12 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,954,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Anyone notice how these people that allegedly "live in the shadows" in fear seem to have absolutely NO problem "coming out" in the media for the sake of airing their little sob stories?
Ramirez didn't "come out". He was "outed".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration