U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-21-2010, 11:21 AM

86 posts, read 93,929 times
Default Fast food workers

It seems that all the fast food workers in our area are Mexican (even management). Some of whom can hardly speak English. What is the incentive for these places to hire Mexicans? When we questioned one of the corporate guys about the legality of the workers, the man said "prove they're not legal". Isn't it up to those who hire to prove whether they are legal or not? If it's a legitimate business, don't they have to file W-2s and such for these workers and pay minimum wages? Are they getting something back from the government for hiring minorities? Our high school kids can't even find jobs anymore. I'm just wondering if anyone knows why they insist on hiring these folks who are probably undocumented.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2010, 12:00 PM

15,181 posts, read 9,450,170 times
One word. . . GREED. They employ illegals because they will work for less pay, and their fear of deportation makes them exploitable. As long as the government refuses to enforce our laws, unscrupulous employers will continue to hire illegals. Donít patronize such criminal establishments. Send them a message by hurting their bottom line. Spread the word.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:52 PM

3,858 posts, read 3,621,434 times
You are just assuming that they are not legal.
Can you name these restaurants? I am assuming they are chains as you say "all the fast food workers in our area".

Old 11-21-2010, 04:42 PM

15,181 posts, read 9,450,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
You are just assuming that they are not legal.
Can you name these restaurants? I am assuming they are chains as you say "all the fast food workers in our area".
Címon Gary, you know illegal workers are plentiful in fast food restaurants, landscaping, construction, and hospitality. After all, there are an estimated 8 million illegals working in this country. Letís keep it real.

Old 11-21-2010, 06:40 PM

6,608 posts, read 6,361,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Címon Gary, you know illegal workers are plentiful in fast food restaurants, landscaping, construction, and hospitality. After all, there are an estimated 8 million illegals working in this country. Letís keep it real.
Yep, and they have to be working SOMEWHERE, and I doubt it's at Fortune 500 companies in their offices.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:57 PM

3,858 posts, read 3,621,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
C’mon Gary, you know illegal workers are plentiful in fast food restaurants, landscaping, construction, and hospitality. After all, there are an estimated 8 million illegals working in this country. Let’s keep it real.
The OP claims that "ALL the fast food workers", including management, in his area are illegals. I'd be surprised if McDonakds, Burger King, et al hired illegals & didn't check credentials. If they do then report them. The companies will face much bigger fines than the illegals.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:03 PM

4,538 posts, read 3,039,429 times
I don't eat fast foods, but believe me, this country has sold out in more ways than one. modern slavery is alive and not well in this once great country of ours. Don't get me wrong, it still has a charm, but the lack of substance, and faltering backbone leave a lot to be desired. Americans need jobs, and the goons in power are 100% zombified, and more interested in killing foreigners.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:28 PM

2,730 posts, read 2,287,148 times
Send the companies an E-Mail about your concerns

"In the first place, we should insist that if the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace, or origin But this is predicated upon the person's becoming in every facet an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag... We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language... and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

I did a little bit of research and I found that he did actually write this but not in 1907 it was just before he died in 1919. And he also said "Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or to leave the country," he said in a statement to the Kansas City Star in 1918. "English should be the only language taught or used in the public schools." He also said in 1917 in a speech he made that "It is our boast that we admit the immigrant to full fellowship and equality with the native-born. In return we demand that he shall share our undivided allegiance to the one flag which floats over all of us." Teddy Roosevelt was very big on Americanism.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:34 AM

6,608 posts, read 6,361,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
The OP claims that "ALL the fast food workers", including management, in his area are illegals. I'd be surprised if McDonakds, Burger King, et al hired illegals & didn't check credentials. If they do then report them. The companies will face much bigger fines than the illegals.
I wouldn't be - they're mostly run by franchisees - there are VERY few corporate stores in those large chains these days.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:26 AM

1,011 posts, read 463,607 times
Normally, when you are hired legally you have to fill out I-9 and submit a combination of documents such as a US passport, a Driver's License and a Social Security card, birth certificate, Green Card etc... (see I-9 on the .gov sites)

Of course, most places that hired illegals bypass that and even if they don't Mexicans openly told me they can get all of the above for about 50 bucks from a 'third party' They don't even see the need to hide this. Report that? Ha! In CA no one gives a flying F. It's sad how our own citizens are second class to illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration