Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2010, 01:34 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,836,588 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The same who will then claim that the reason they didn't even attempt to apply for a visa was because they couldn't afford the application fees.
I guess that's why no FEES are mentioned for the "temporary conditional greencard" in the DREAM Act?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2010, 01:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I guess that's why no FEES are mentioned for the "temporary conditional greencard" in the DREAM Act?
Obama is pretty good about his give away programs. Then in the next breath he talks about how we need to raise taxes, or we need to tighten up on our spending. Next breath 900 million to Haiti, missile defence shield for Europe, New fighters for Israel etc.
But enforce our laws????? Well we can't. We just amnestied his Aunt. We can't have our president looking like a hypocrite can we?

Old 11-23-2010, 06:29 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,917,737 times
Quote:
The same who will then claim that the reason they didn't even attempt to apply for a visa was because they couldn't afford the application fees.
The illegals should know that their own country forbids permanent entry for immigrants that use welfare programs and those non-citizens that do apply for benefits, risk being deported

Quote:
You hard hearted people. You have no clue how hard the life of a criminal is.
Hunted by the police.
Exploited by the system.
Under paid for the crimes committed.
How is an illegal expected to find happiness under these conditions?
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, you are being sarcastic right?

Old 11-23-2010, 06:34 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,211,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
The illegals should know that their own country forbids permanent entry for immigrants that use welfare programs and those non-citizens that do apply for benefits, risk being deported

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say, you are being sarcastic right?
In deed I am.

Old 11-23-2010, 07:27 PM

4,792 posts, read 5,898,488 times
waaaaahhhhhh...repeat......waaaahhhhhhh

Old 11-23-2010, 08:13 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,625,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Isn't it funny how they hold the U.S. to higher moral standards than other countries? We are supposed to be so moral superior that we are supposed to commit national suicide all in the name of humanitarism. God, I think I am going to be sick!
I couldn't rep you again but thank you for this. This is exactly what I have been trying to say but you said it better....

Old 11-23-2010, 08:20 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,435,269 times
Quote:
Obama is pretty good about his give away programs. Then in the next breath he talks about how we need to raise taxes, or we need to tighten up on our spending. Next breath 900 million to Haiti, missile defence shield for Europe, New fighters for Israel etc.
But enforce our laws????? Well we can't. We just amnestied his Aunt. We can't have our president looking like a hypocrite can we?

Right you are tinman01; and Obummer can take his dream act and shove it to the illegals who reside in this Country by illegal means.

Old 11-24-2010, 02:38 AM

555 posts, read 876,792 times
Quote:
We just amnestied his Aunt. We can't have our president looking like a hypocrite can we?
This is really scary. If they can amnesty his aunt because of the situation in Kenya (what situation), then Obama could amnesty every illegal in our country because of the drug cartel violence in Mexico.

Old 11-24-2010, 09:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
And this whole piece is totally hysterical. Only one border city has really bad crime rates. Nothing forces the illegals to stay there and even if they did, if they don't get involved in any crimes, go home in the evening and stay home, most likely they'll do just fine.

Or - imagine if they actually worked to make their own country a better place? Instead of expecting others to rescue them, if they fought and defended their beloved country? All the Mexican flag waving makes you think they care about their country but they need to put their words to action.

Old 11-26-2010, 05:35 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,420,740 times
How can ilegal immigration be compared with Slavery?

It's completely voluntary.

This guy was only trying to make this sound like some sob story by running different (past)stories together

Let's play the violin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration