U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2010, 05:58 PM

6,611 posts, read 10,944,131 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by olecapt View Post
Been here sixteen years. You know he did nothing in that time to regularize his status?

So you all have been blowing hard on this one and you don't actually know that the guy is illegal?

You wonder why I suspect you have an anti-hispanic bias?
The guy had no SKILLS to speak of, and he had no family here at the time he "immigrated" (his brother joined him later) and allegedly the rest of his family is back in Ecuador where he sent remittances to care for them.

It therefore stands to reason he didn't come in on a "family" visa, so what type of work visa do you think he would have been eligible for? Also on what GROUNDS would he have adjusted status (regularised his status in your words)?

I know it was reported back in 2008 that he had entered legally but overstayed his visa and was illegal at the time of his death. Conveniently as per the usual media scum reporting, his immigration status is overlooked.

Old 11-26-2010, 07:21 PM

15,756 posts, read 32,479,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
The guy had no SKILLS to speak of, and he had no family here at the time he "immigrated" (his brother joined him later) and allegedly the rest of his family is back in Ecuador where he sent remittances to care for them.

It therefore stands to reason he didn't come in on a "family" visa, so what type of work visa do you think he would have been eligible for? Also on what GROUNDS would he have adjusted status (regularised his status in your words)?

I know it was reported back in 2008 that he had entered legally but overstayed his visa and was illegal at the time of his death. Conveniently as per the usual media scum reporting, his immigration status is overlooked.
Talk about scum!

So none of you actually know he was illegal?

Xenophobic bias is a charge often thrown at the anti...

QED

Old 11-26-2010, 07:26 PM

13,692 posts, read 15,112,510 times
When I see the words "estate of illegal immigrant sues for 40 million".

It makes me very very sick.

It wouldn't have been an "estate" unless he broke the law to come here in the first place to even consider suing the USA. Unbelievable.

Did that illegal Guatemalan think that the streets were paved with GOLD and that we would WELCOME HIS PRESENCE AND OTHERS WHILE STEALING AMERICAN JOBS AND AMERICAN'S IDENTITIES? Are people really that freegin' stupid?

Does this mean an AMERICAN can sue the US Government for being SHAFTED ON A DAILY BASIS because they haven't protected our BORDERS and that's the reason why they're JOBLESS!?!?!

I wish an AMERICAN would sue the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT because they lost their jobs to illegals!

What the hell kind of country is this becoming anyway?!?!

Old 11-26-2010, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

It wouldn't have been an "estate" unless he broke the law to come here in the first place to even consider suing the USA. Unbelievable.

Did that illegal Guatemalan think that the streets were paved with GOLD and that we would WELCOME HIS PRESENCE AND OTHERS WHILE STEALING AMERICAN JOBS AND AMERICAN'S IDENTITIES? Are people really that freegin' stupid?

Does this mean an AMERICAN can sue the US Government for being SHAFTED ON A DAILY BASIS because they haven't protected our BORDERS and that's the reason why they're JOBLESS!?!?!

I wish an AMERICAN would sue the FEDERAL GOVERNMENT because they lost their jobs to illegals!

What the hell kind of country is this becoming anyway?!?!
Well filled with right wingers who jump to conclusions without reading the thread.

That does threaten our society...and we let them vote.

Now tell us how you know he was an illegal.

It is not relevant by the way...but does serve to show how little people who post here think before they write.

And may also give strong evidence of the xenophobia oft presumed of the right.

Old 11-26-2010, 08:18 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,197,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post

What the hell kind of country
Quote:
is this becoming
anyway?!?!
Correction:

"Has this become"

Old 11-26-2010, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Talk about scum!

So none of you actually know he was illegal?

Xenophobic bias is a charge often thrown at the anti...

QED
HOW many times do I have to repeat this? It was REPORTED in 2008 he was here illegally at the time of his death.

It's not OUR fault the media saw fit to not make mention of his legal status when it came to trial.

Xenophobic bias? good grief LMAO

Old 11-26-2010, 09:27 PM

Quote:
HOW many times do I have to repeat this? It was REPORTED in 2008 he was here illegally at the time of his death.

It's not OUR fault the media saw fit to not make mention of his legal status when it came to trial.

There are any number of contemporaneous media reports available. None indicate that he was illegal.

Now why don't you admit you screwed up...jumped to a conclusion..

Beg everyones pardon and find a new thread.

I personally suspect he may have been illegal but I also suspect the authorities will not do the work to establish that now that he is dead. And that is how it should be. It becomes irrelevant once he is dead.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:59 PM

14,307 posts, read 11,144,640 times
Quote:

I know. Xenophobia is a fear of strangers. Just who are strangers in this country since we have every conceivable race/ethnic and national group already residing in our country legally? The pro-illegals need to invest in a dictionary before they toss around labels that they have no idea
their meaning of. I guess it sounds demonizing and so they use it for that purpose. Anything to make law abiding Americans look bad.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:18 PM

Quote:
There are any number of contemporaneous media reports available. None indicate that he was illegal.

Now why don't you admit you screwed up...jumped to a conclusion..

Beg everyones pardon and find a new thread.

I personally suspect he may have been illegal but I also suspect the authorities will not do the work to establish that now that he is dead. And that is how it should be. It becomes irrelevant once he is dead.

No, I did NOT "jump to a conclusion". I was merely going by what was reported at the time. As I said, it seems since this has become a "cause celebre" with the estate suing I guess the media finds it expedient not to bring it up now and as you said his legal status has nothing to do with the basis of the case.

You're really quite rude aren't you?

Fwiw, I'm not the one that posted the OP.

Old 11-26-2010, 11:02 PM

Quote:
No, I did NOT "jump to a conclusion". I was merely going by what was reported at the time. As I said, it seems since this has become a "cause celebre" with the estate suing I guess the media finds it expedient not to bring it up now and as you said his legal status has nothing to do with the basis of the case.

You're really quite rude aren't you?

Fwiw, I'm not the one that posted the OP.
I am not in the least rude. I am blunt. Particularly in these kinds of discussions.

The antis tend to attack in a pack and then get all defensive when shown to be wrong...or at least not right. And they virtually will never admit to obvious error. I find that rude...very rude.

I never suggested you were the OP...merely one who defended the indefensible past all good sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration